Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 06-04-09   #1
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯□)

So I'm planning to start an online business: Need some help!

Hey all,
I'm planning to start an online business, on the lines of the theItwares. I've talked to a friend of mine, whose a CA and worked out the legal angle. I don't need to file VAT or Sales Tax until I reach Gross Sales of Rs.5,00,000/-

I've been working on a website Compmart.in (link fixed)

I'm using MS Web Expressions. Just looking to make something simple as of now.

Any suggestions on what changes to make and some advice from the ones who are already running the business!

Regards,
Kauffmann

Last edited by kauffmann; 06-04-09 at 12:44 AM.
kauffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09   #2
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble
Re: So I'm planning to start an online business: Need some help!

Just keep the prices and shipping accurate mate and rest will be history, I will support you if these are good. Be rest assured.
May GOD shower you with all blessings and make your business a success.
ask what you need to know as point wise questionnaire.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09   #3
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯□)

kauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Great

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Just keep the prices and shipping accurate mate and rest will be history, I will support you if these are good. Be rest assured.
May GOD shower you with all blessings and make your business a success.
ask what you need to know as point wise questionnaire.
Thanks alot for your good wishes mate! Yep, I plan on updating the prices every 3 days or so and tying up with a good courier company, probably DTDC.

I wanted to know whether I'll need to open a Current A/C for now?
Old 06-04-09   #4
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

IMO yes, a current account is beneficial, though the firm will be required to have a sales tax and a vat registration, depends on state rules so you will have to ask your CA friend.
the best policy except legal hassles will be prompt answer to the customers query and helpful suggestions, maybe you could collect all the data of the service centers of the companies you will be dealing with and that will also increase the page views and thus make the website rank higher.
Maybe you can start by opening an account on Ebay and explore the opportunities. just a suggestion mate.
Old 06-04-09   #5
iGr8
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I havent set my status yet.

abthegreat is highly Admirableabthegreat is highly Admirableabthegreat is highly Admirableabthegreat is highly Admirableabthegreat is highly Admirableabthegreat is highly Admirable

make sure you make good legibility with the courier company,incase they loose smtin also they should take responsibility for it

also if you start on ebay you have to take care of the fees they charge
Originally Posted by kauffmann View Post
Thanks alot for your good wishes mate! Yep, I plan on updating the prices every 3 days or so and tying up with a good courier company, probably DTDC.

I wanted to know whether I'll need to open a Current A/C for now?
abthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09   #6
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯□)

kauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Great

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
IMO yes, a current account is beneficial, though the firm will be required to have a sales tax and a vat registration, depends on state rules so you will have to ask your CA friend.
the best policy except legal hassles will be prompt answer to the customers query and helpful suggestions, maybe you could collect all the data of the service centers of the companies you will be dealing with and that will also increase the page views and thus make the website rank higher.
Maybe you can start by opening an account on Ebay and explore the opportunities. just a suggestion mate.
Thanks for replying, as for now I'm not planning to register for VAT and Sales tax until I hit the 5lacs mark, so I guess I'll make do with my own Savings account as of now and probably contact my friend for some more info on this.

Thanks alot for the suggestion, it would truly help the site gain more clients, I'll be making a list of all the service centers in various cities asap. Plus I'm planning to offer another service, where if someone can't find a service center nearby, they can send me the problematic item and I'll do the magic, but it could involve alot of risks, physical damage caused in trasition, etc.

I do have an account on Ebay, but its a huge hassle to make the listings one by one.
Originally Posted by abthegreat View Post
make sure you make good legibility with the courier company,incase they loose smtin also they should take responsibility for it

also if you start on ebay you have to take care of the fees they charge
Yep thats real important, I'll be talking to a few companies, any good ones in mind?
Old 06-04-09   #7
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

Ebay has a gallery builder and a product poster tool and you will have to find out about it or wait as I will be able to tell you 2moro. Courier companies are a dime a dozen but dtdc is nice. at least to start with.
Old 06-04-09   #8
iGr8
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I havent set my status yet.

abthegreat is highly Admirableabthegreat is highly Admirableabthegreat is highly Admirableabthegreat is highly Admirableabthegreat is highly Admirableabthegreat is highly Admirable

The best experience so far was with DTDC
but even blue dart was fine but is more expensive
abthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply