Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Mobile Phones
Register Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Which is the Smartphone of the year?
Samsung Galaxy S4 11 6.29%
HTC One 26 14.86%
Moto X 13 7.43%
iPhone 5s 16 9.14%
Sony Xperia Z1 6 3.43%
LG G2 22 12.57%
Samsung Galaxy Note III 15 8.57%
Google Nexus 5 44 25.14%
Nokia Lumia 1020 9 5.14%
Other- mention in post 10 5.71%
Nokia Lumia 1520 3 1.71%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-12-13   #61
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
-

Rig Gallery
Re: Smartphone of the Year 2013?

I know too good to be true but there is this

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-13   #62
The Game is On!
Community Moderator
"Derevaun Seraun"

csunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Great

Originally Posted by Free Radical View Post
But then there is this
csunit37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-13   #63
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

Yet they say this?
Old 27-12-13   #64
teh nuB!
Haskell programmer

lightyears is very Notable

Gionee Elife E7 [Quadrant: 20,000+ AnTuTu: ~ 35,000]
(just launched @ 30,000 INR for the top-end version, specs below).

Stuff you get at INR 29,990:

- Snapdragon 800 AC @ 2.5 GHz (MSM8974AC:: AnTuTu 34960, beating LG G2/GS4 and also Nexus 5 by a very large margin)
- Ram: 3GB
- Storage: 32GB inbuilt
- 4G Capable
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear cam: 16MP, large sensor enthusiast camera, great camera app, Largan M8 lens, 1/2.3-inch sensor, 1.34Ám pixels
- Front cam: 8MP
- 5.5 inch OGS IPS LCD display @ 1920 x 1080 (401 ppi)
- 2500 mah battery

And for those who favor the Nexus 5 because of "Stock Android" and "regular updates from Google", those are important points alright, but not a big deal really - tweakers and modders don't believe in putting themselves at the mercy of their phone manufacturers to have an experience customized to their liking.

Last edited by lightyears; 27-12-13 at 01:23 AM.
lightyears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-13   #65
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Proud Nexu5 Fanboy

Sobirvs is very Notable

Originally Posted by lightyears View Post
Gionee Elife E7 [Quadrant: 20,000+ AnTuTu: ~ 35,000]
(just launched @ 30,000 INR for the top-end version, specs below).

Stuff you get at INR 29,990:

- Snapdragon 800 AC @ 2.5 GHz (MSM8974AC:: AnTuTu 34960, beating LG G2/GS4 and also Nexus 5 by a very large margin)
- Ram: 3GB
- Storage: 32GB inbuilt
- 4G Capable
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear cam: 16MP, large sensor enthusiast camera, great camera app, Largan M8 lens, 1/2.3-inch sensor, 1.34Ám pixels
- Front cam: 8MP
- 5.5 inch OGS IPS LCD display @ 1920 x 1080 (401 ppi)
- 2500 mah battery

And for those who favor the Nexus 5 because of "Stock Android" and "regular updates from Google", those are important points alright, but not a big deal really - tweakers and modders don't believe in putting themselves at the mercy of their phone manufacturers to have an experience customized to their liking.
AnTuTu Benchmark is a JOKE actually. Get your phone in a freezer and then get it out in 2 mins or less, and benchmark it. It will be whooping 30k+ anyways, still here's something for you.
http://s30.postimg.org/cvtt77htt/195...1215094210.png
http://s30.postimg.org/l01xby48x/357...1215094220.png
http://s30.postimg.org/s5toeedc1/375...1215094202.png

Front CAM 8MP and Rear Cam 16MP LOL. Dude, please please know that megapixels don't matter much. And I have seen these types of phones, they say it's 8MP blah blah and still 2mp micromax's front cam is much better than them. And ofc better OEM's camera are much better than those.

Stock android - not a big deal to you, but they are to some other people.
Sobirvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-13   #66
teh nuB!
Haskell programmer

Originally Posted by Sobirvs View Post
AnTuTu Benchmark is a JOKE actually. Get your phone in a freezer and then get it out in 2 mins or less, and benchmark it. It will be whooping 30k+ anyways, still here's something for you.
http://s30.postimg.org/cvtt77htt/195...1215094210.png
http://s30.postimg.org/l01xby48x/357...1215094220.png
http://s30.postimg.org/s5toeedc1/375...1215094202.png

Front CAM 8MP and Rear Cam 16MP LOL. Dude, please please know that megapixels don't matter much. And I have seen these types of phones, they say it's 8MP blah blah and still 2mp micromax's front cam is much better than them. And ofc better OEM's camera are much better than those.

Stock android - not a big deal to you, but they are to some other people.
Instead of *condescendingly* lecturing others on the forum with 'LOL' and a falsely authoritative know-it-all tone (typical of wannabe tech hipsters), try to be more open to ideas and suggestions, and most importantly, more polite in your conversations.

I stand by the suggestion I made - at Rs. 29,990, the E7 is still a better phone than the Nexus 5 in my opinion.

Of course your opinion could differ, but try not to get all angsty about issues like the irrelevance of higher megapixels counts and what not - Everybody (at least here at Erodov) knows better than you'd like to give people credit for - as if people don't know about boosted (resized/scaled) chinese camera megapixel specs, for example, in Micromax phones (imported China products not even assembled here).

At least Gionee doesn't take another manufacturer's phone and re-brands it.
Free Radical and lockhrt999 like this.
Old 27-12-13   #67
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

ratheeshkannan is very Notable

Originally Posted by csunit37 View Post
But then there is this
Yet they say this?
The same seller is selling k900 for 9k Original Lenovo K900 Smartphone Intel z2580 5.5" FHD 1920x1080 pixels Android 4.2 2GB RAM 32GB Dual Camera 13.0MP-in Mobile Phones from Phones & Telecommunications on Aliexpress.com

No seller feedback ...
AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE 3.4GHz (OC In Progress) -=- ASUS - M5A97 R2.0 -=- ASUS AMD HD 7970 CU II Top -=- Transcend DDR3 1333 4Gb x 2 -=- Seagate 2tb SATA III -=- ADATA Premier Pro 64 GB SSD Internal Hard Drive - SATA III -=- Corsair TX650M -=- NZXT Phantom 410 - Samsung 22x - DVD Combo drive -=- Asus Xonar DG Soundcard -=- Creative T6060 5.1 Speakers -=- TVS Bharath Gold Mechanical Keyboard -=- Razer Naga Mouse -=- Logitech C310 - HD Webcam -=- Dell 2420L FHD 24" LED -=- APC 650 -=- Antec Kuhler 920 Liquid CPU Cooler -=-

Canon 70D -=- Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM | C -=- Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Lens -=- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens -=- Nissin Di866 MARK II (For Canon) Flash -=- Lowepro Orion DayPack 200 Backpack -=-
ratheeshkannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-13   #68
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

I know. I was just trolling
Actually this thread itself is a troll thread.

btw, I concur with @lightyears here.
Tweakers and modders don't put themselves at the mercy of their phone manufacturers to have an experience customized to their liking.
But not everyone is a tweaker or modder. The people who buy flagship phones have the luxury to not having to spend time to tweak or mod their phones and for that they pay more.

"Tweakers or modders" usually buy mid level or if they want to accept a challenge an entry level phone and tweak it to top class performance.
For instance, I recently bought a Spice Mi-496, a Snapdragon 200 based quadcore which only cost me Rs. 5450 (~$90) and have successfully ported an almost fully functional MIUI rom with dual sim support. That is what gives us joy. To squeeze value out of a low value product

In fact, the community of overclockers and modders was initially based on this premise. But in this age of dispensable incomes and need of instant gratification, the old school guys take a backseat

So if you are spending top buck, you do want something which works great out of the box right? The reason we have so many iPhone and Samsung/HTC device owners.

Not that it is bad or anything. On the contrary, it helps in faster device development. In 6 months, the high end tech trickles down to mid end, and by an year to the entry level. You guys are just funding development indirectly

/* :sigh: I trolled again didn't I.
Old 27-12-13   #69
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Proud Nexu5 Fanboy

Sobirvs is very Notable

Instead of *condescendingly* lecturing others on the forum with 'LOL' and a falsely authoritative know-it-all tone (typical of wannabe tech hipsters), try to be more open to ideas and suggestions, and most importantly, more polite in your conversations.

I stand by the suggestion I made - at Rs. 29,990, the E7 is still a better phone than the Nexus 5 in my opinion.

Of course your opinion could differ, but try not to get all angsty about issues like the irrelevance of higher megapixels counts and what not - Everybody (at least here at Erodov) knows better than you'd like to give people credit for - as if people don't know about boosted (resized/scaled) chinese camera megapixel specs, for example, in Micromax phones (imported China products not even assembled here).

More polite in my conversations? I see you are doing great. And instead of just making silly statements like this, try to actually reply to my post and then may be we can have a decent conversation.
Old 27-12-13   #70
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

Do you work for Gionee? You seem to be butthurt that the E7 isn't winning the polls.

Btw got a Spice Coolpad MI_515 for my sister, isnt bad either... Got it for 6k..

Sent Via Tapatalk 2 from my HTC DROID DNA

Last edited by prateekS; 27-12-13 at 07:56 PM.
prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-13   #71
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Proud Nexu5 Fanboy

Sobirvs is very Notable

Oh yeah, barely 4 posts since he joined here and 2 of em are just to advertise/defend Gionee. Anyways, haters gonna hate.
Old 27-12-13   #72
The Game is On!
Community Moderator
"Derevaun Seraun"

csunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Great

Actually this thread itself is a troll thread.
Now why would you say that?

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

BTW if you guys don't know, GSMArena is having "Smartphone Champions League" and it has reached the quarter-finals.
Three Nokia Lumias (520, 1020, 1520) in the top 8 and the way it's going pretty sure 1020 and 1520 are going in the semi-finals..
Close competition b/w the 520 and HTC One..
But Nexus 5 might be the smartphone of the year there also..
ManISinJpr likes this.
csunit37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-13   #73
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Proud Nexu5 Fanboy

Sobirvs is very Notable

Originally Posted by csunit37 View Post
But Nexus 5 might be the smartphone of the year there also..
It will be, wait and see.
Old 28-12-13   #74
teh nuB!
Haskell programmer

Originally Posted by prateekS View Post
Do you work for Gionee? You seem to be butthurt that the E7 isn't winning the polls.

Btw got a Spice Coolpad MI_515 for my sister, isnt bad either... Got it for 6k..

Sent Via Tapatalk 2 from my HTC DROID DNA
No I don't work for Gionee. I've never owned any of their phones either (mostly Nokia's and Samsung's).

**butthurt** - what part of my response to that rude poster's remarks made it seem like I'm butthurt for the E7 not winning the polls? Did you look closely, that E7 isn't even on the polls? Nice try to get a little flame-game going.

In my response post, I was addressing what and how @Sobirvs replied. I just thought that the points the poster made could have been stated in a friendlier way, without a tone of ridicule. It's also very cheap of you (which I guess is the norm on Indian tech forums) to accuse me of being a butthurt Gionee employee, when my first post in Erodov was on this thread, merely citing certain aspects of a phone I think is well spec'd for the title of the thread.

Besides, if I were a Gionee employee with a marketing agenda, I'd probably introduce myself to the community as such - I wouldn't need to resort to covert means.

By your logic, anybody who likes a phone and mentions a few good specs (or defends it), is a decoy employee with a secret promotion agenda. So that'd make @Sobirvs an employee of Google's phone division, wouldn't it?

Again, to clarify it all, my response had to do with the tone of his post. Without being disrespectful, I'm not remotely concerned about how anybody perceives a phone I like, much less worry about it earning an obscure title in a tech forum thread.

Originally Posted by Sobirvs
More polite in my conversations? I see you are doing great. And instead of just making silly statements like this, try to actually reply to my post and then may be we can have a decent conversation.
None of my statements regarding your tone were silly, and I don't see any objective arguments in your posts that I'd reply to. If you're looking to pick up a fight, I'm not interested.

You're way too heavy headed for a meaningful conversation to take place. Case in point, your status that states "Proud Nexus 5 Fanboy" and your enlightening argument in favor of the Nexus 5.

Originally Posted by Sobirvs
Please. Nexus 5 or GTFO.
Arguing/Conversing with fanboys has always been dangerous, and I can see this will further delve into a flamewar if I don't unsubscribe and get off this thread.
Old 28-12-13   #75
⎝ᄽ⏝⏠⎠
Community Moderator
Procreating =8)~

hawk is extremely Renowned
hawk is extremely Renownedhawk is extremely Renownedhawk is extremely Renowned

Guys, lets keep it civil...!

This indeed is a flamebait topic and ppl do get carried away but plz don't forget, a fellow member cares a lot more abt U than the company you are rooting for. Apple, Goole, Samsung, Nokia, HTC, etc don't know or care abt you. All they want is your money and to make blind fanbois out of U.

Behaving indecently and calling names just shows how you were raised and for what?

I really admired the way @lightyears handled himself here. It helped me learn a thing or two abt self-control & restrain and have repped him for that.

Hope others can get over their self preservation and petty fanboism and see the light!
HDD: 2+3TB WD Black SATA3 & 512+256GB Samsung 850 pro
GPU: Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming WATERFORCE GTX 1080 @ 1759MHz (core) 1276MHz (mem) 1898MHz (boost)
PSU: SeaSonic X Series X850 Gold
Case & Cooler: Corsair 760T Black Red & H110i in Push Pull

Last edited by hawk; 28-12-13 at 11:09 AM.
hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply