Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.
Loading

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > PC Buying Help
Register Forgot Password?

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-15   #1
teh nuB!
6700K GTX 980TI
 
 
HEMAN's Avatar

Skylake GAMING RIG


i7-6700k
deepcool malestorm 120t aio
gigabyte z170x gaming 3
kingston hyper x fury ddr4 2*4gb
samsung 850 evo 120gb
seagate 2tb baracuda
zotac gtx 980ti amp edition
nzxt s340/obsidian 450d/cooler master n600 which ever is available
APC 1100va
seasonic or antec true power series psu not yet decided
logitech mk200
f&d f3000u

i play games with xbox 360 controller thats why cheap wireless keyboard and mouse
also need suggestion on chair for long use (daily use like 6 hours plus) and headphones not too expensive like some gaming headphones anything with good bass and comfortable for long use will do.

was suppose built before but waited for skylake to launch then waited to actually buy one from my local retailer and some more time for gtx 980ti. thats why it took so long
went to the shop today finalized above now lets see how many days does he actually take. He did say it might as long as 20 days to get everything.

not yet decided not which psu and cabinet availablity is causing lot of trouble. So if anyone can provide online shop where they have it in stock will be much appreciated

Last edited by HEMAN; 09-10-15 at 10:48 PM. Reason: changed config.
HEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-15   #2
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
manjeet's Avatar

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Posts: 575
manjeet is very Honorablemanjeet is very Honorable
Re: New GAMING RIG @ 80K

>I'd suggest to keep the RAM. As for as gaming is concerned 8GB memory is still fine by today's gaming standards. 16GB would be an overkill.

>As this is a sub 80K rig, I'll also recommend to go for a modular PSU. Sell the VP550P.

Here's what I suggest:

Intel Core i5 4690K - 16K
Asus Z97-A - 12K
WD 2TB Red - 6.3K
Nzxt S340 - 5K
Asus Strix GTX970 OC - 28K
Logitech G105+G402 - 4.4K
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 4.4K
Seasonic M12 EVO 620 - 6.3K

>Now the thing about getting a cooler is, as you're looking to overclock I'll suggest to invest something like 5K & opt for a Noctua NH-D14 or a Corsair H80i if you're looking for a liquid cooler.

>About GPU brand, you should refer to a similar thread here: GTX 970 - Asus, MSI or Gigabyte?

manjeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-15   #3
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
godb93's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 5
godb93 is Mysterious
Re: New GAMING RIG @ 80K

i have an samsung ssd for sale 1tb 840 evo
never used
no box
4 years waranty
godb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-15   #4
teh nuB!
6700K GTX 980TI
 
 
HEMAN's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 36
HEMAN is Mysterious
Re: New GAMING RIG @ 80K

Originally Posted by godb93 View Post
i have an samsung ssd for sale 1tb 840 evo
never used
no box
4 years waranty
price?
HEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-15   #5
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
godb93's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 5
godb93 is Mysterious
Re: New GAMING RIG @ 80K

check ur messages
godb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-15   #6
teh nuB!
6700K GTX 980TI
 
 
HEMAN's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 36
HEMAN is Mysterious
Re: New GAMING RIG @ 80K

guys i have changed my mind. new config need ur advice.

i5-4460
gigabyte b85m-d3h
corsair/kingston/g skill DDR3 1600mhz whatever is the cheapest
WD 1 tb blue
Recommend a SSD
nzxt s340

now the main question should i go with GTX 970 or GTX 980. The main purpose of this pc is gaming only. mostly AAA titles some indies as well.
will i5-4460 somehow prove insufficient when pared with gtx 980 in the future like 2 years from now at 1440p.
HEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-15   #7
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
manjeet's Avatar

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Posts: 575
manjeet is very Honorablemanjeet is very Honorable
Re: New GAMING RIG @ 80K

Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
guys i have changed my mind. new config need ur advice.

i5-4460
gigabyte b85m-d3h
corsair/kingston/g skill DDR3 1600mhz whatever is the cheapest
WD 1 tb blue
Recommend a SSD
nzxt s340

now the main question should i go with GTX 970 or GTX 980. The main purpose of this pc is gaming only. mostly AAA titles some indies as well.
will i5-4460 somehow prove insufficient when pared with gtx 980 in the future like 2 years from now at 1440p.
How much budget are you having currently? i5 4460 will easily be good enough for couple of years down the line. And, I don't see GTX980 being a VFM card. You'd better get off with a GTX970. It's a perfect 1080p capable card, performs better in most games then a R9 290X.

manjeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-15   #8
teh nuB!
6700K GTX 980TI
 
 
HEMAN's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 36
HEMAN is Mysterious
Re: New GAMING RIG @ 80K

sorry for not posting for a while, been busy also i have changed the config again.
i7-4790k
msi z97 pc mate or asus z97 pro gamer or msi z97s sli krait edition
hyperx fury ddr3 8gb 1866mhz
gtx 970 asus strix oc just coz of the backplate
120gb ssd for os
wd 1tb blue and 2 tb green.
nzxt s340
antec vp550p
AIO cooler any entry level will do reason like there look. dont like the way air coolers look. corsair h60

now i plan to use this system for gaming for next 3 years and its main purpose is gaming only.
now i need ur expert advice
HEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-15   #9
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
manjeet's Avatar

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Posts: 575
manjeet is very Honorablemanjeet is very Honorable
Re: New GAMING RIG @ 80K

Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
sorry for not posting for a while, been busy also i have changed the config again.
i7-4790k
msi z97 pc mate or asus z97 pro gamer or msi z97s sli krait edition
hyperx fury ddr3 8gb 1866mhz
gtx 970 asus strix oc just coz of the backplate
120gb ssd for os
wd 1tb blue and 2 tb green.
nzxt s340
antec vp550p
AIO cooler any entry level will do reason like there look. dont like the way air coolers look. corsair h60

now i plan to use this system for gaming for next 3 years and its main purpose is gaming only.
now i need ur expert advice
>This specs will definitely cross 80K mark. No need of an i7 as your priority is only gaming. Performance difference between an i5 & i7 is very minimal.

>Avoid Green drives, invest little more & go for a WD Red, very reliable then Green.

>Take a good modular PSU, preferably a 600W if you plan to overclock later on.

>You can go for Samsung 840 EVO 120GB.

manjeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-15   #10
teh nuB!
6700K GTX 980TI
 
 
HEMAN's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 36
HEMAN is Mysterious
Re: New GAMING RIG @ 80K

Originally Posted by manjeet View Post
>This specs will definitely cross 80K mark. No need of an i7 as your priority is only gaming. Performance difference between an i5 & i7 is very minimal.

>Avoid Green drives, invest little more & go for a WD Red, very reliable then Green.

>Take a good modular PSU, preferably a 600W if you plan to overclock later on.

>You can go for Samsung 840 EVO 120GB.

omg pricing in my city is so horrible looks like i will have to buy everything from golchhait.com
HEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-15   #11
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
manjeet's Avatar

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Posts: 575
manjeet is very Honorablemanjeet is very Honorable
Re: New GAMING RIG @ 80K

Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
omg pricing in my city is so horrible looks like i will have to buy everything from golchhait.com
Which place are you from? Banglore?

manjeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-15   #12
teh nuB!
6700K GTX 980TI
 
 
HEMAN's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 36
HEMAN is Mysterious
Re: New GAMING RIG @ 80K

i am from nagpur.
HEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-15   #13
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
manjeet's Avatar

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Posts: 575
manjeet is very Honorablemanjeet is very Honorable
Re: New GAMING RIG @ 80K

Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
i am from nagpur.
Sorry, I've got no idea about retailers in your place, & can't say how legit golchhait for online shopping.

manjeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-15   #14
teh nuB!
6700K GTX 980TI
 
 
HEMAN's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 36
HEMAN is Mysterious
Re: New GAMING RIG @ 80K

Originally Posted by manjeet View Post
Sorry, I've got no idea about retailers in your place, & can't say how legit golchhait for online shopping.

why any problem fraud or doa? check there website they have some really low prices
HEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-15   #15
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
manjeet's Avatar

 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Posts: 575
manjeet is very Honorablemanjeet is very Honorable
Re: New GAMING RIG @ 80K

Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
why any problem fraud or doa? check there website they have some really low prices
Well, they do have quite a reputation in Bangalore, but certainly none online.

What things are you planning to get anyways?

manjeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTBCPU | Mobo | Ram Motherboard, Gaming Mouse, Gaming Keyboard mayanksahni Closed/Completed Deals 6 02-01-15 06:12 AM
SaleKeyboards and Mice Roccat Arvo Gaming Keyboard & Razer Naga Gaming Mouse Mainak Closed/Completed Deals 22 24-04-14 09:51 PM
DealAudio Hardware Corsair Gaming Audio Series HS1A Gaming Headset ferrari Closed/Completed Deals 12 26-11-11 04:51 PM
CoolerMaster Gaming Gear - Redefine Gaming Mediahome Closed/Completed Deals 0 13-12-09 08:10 PM
AMD: Overclocking Competition with LAN gaming event on 6th June by Xtreme Gaming thebanik Cooling and Overclocking 0 28-05-09 05:26 PM


Tags
80k, gaming, rig, skylake
All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:59 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.