Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Tablet Computers
Register Forgot Password?

Old 01-05-12   #1
teh nuB!
[E]onian
is loving his new laptop!

Transformer and the iPad

Okay I admit I have never been a diehard or for that matter an apple fan from the beginning. I've always had an inclination for buying the iPad considering it was so well reviewed and well it seemed like everyone around me was buying it . I got an asus transformer tablet last year in December and was pretty happy with it barring the random reboots and very frequent crashes. Android being a rather open operating system does give you a lot in terms of beng able to modify whatever you want.

Then I got my hands on the iPad, not even the ipadn2 but the original iPad and well been toying around with it a little, I get what the whole idea of amazing user interface is about. Am hadly able to type a long message on my transformer without the keyboard hanging Inbetween, inspite of the fact that I use Swift x keyboard for android. While on the iPad I've been able to type tis message in a matter of three minutes, it's like the keyboard adaps to your typing.

I know the whole apple with thermally good UI argument is pretty old, but was just wondering if any other member has noted the same thing or felt a major improvement in trying out the iPad over other tablets and what are their thoughts regarding it.
dhruvdua88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12   #2
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Semper Solus

modeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly Admirable
Re: Transformer and the iPad

I think it's a matter of personal preference. For me, I just need a keyboard to type at a good speed. Maybe it's the fact that your transformer was giving you problems that affected your opinion?
Having said that, the iPad tabs are leaps and bounds ahead in terms of user experience and mind you, I'm not a fan of apple products either.
Old 04-05-12   #3
iEvangelist
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Currently, the iPad is in a league of its own compared to other tablets. The keyboard, voice dictation, ease of use, app selection, the image quality, the screen, the screen, the screen. Pretty much everything is better than every other tablet out there.

Although I did buy the Apple Bluetooth keyboard to help me type on the new iPad. Even the split keyboard gets cumbersome at times.
Usually, I just use the voice dictation feature, like I am right now to reply to this post.
kauffmann and dhruvdua88 like this.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12   #4
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Overworked & Underpaid.

KM0111 is highly ReputableKM0111 is highly ReputableKM0111 is highly Reputable

I used to have a Asus Transformer before for a couple of months. And although Asus pushed updates pretty frequently, it was still buggy as hell.
Old 05-05-12   #5
teh nuB!
[E]onian

dhruvdua88 is Notable

Originally Posted by KM0111 View Post
I used to have a Asus Transformer before for a couple of months. And although Asus pushed updates pretty frequently, it was still buggy as hell.
Tell me about it! What's worse is, with the latest OTA update, I can't root it and install a custom ROM. The apps crash like crazy and the overall experience is not smooth at all.
Old 06-05-12   #6
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Overworked & Underpaid.

Well, I've never tried custom roms on it so I don't know how they work. But the stock one totally put me off and it's what made me sell it.
KM0111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-12   #7
teh nuB!
[E]onian

dhruvdua88 is Notable

Little off topic, but how much were you able to sell it for ?
Old 06-05-12   #8
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Overworked & Underpaid.

I sold it for about 280 I think.
KM0111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply