Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Android Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 16-04-12   #1
Jeebus
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
forgiving your sins

Woot Meizu MX Quad-core Launching with Android 4.0 in June, Gets 32GB and 64GB Flavors

Meizu MX Quad-core launching with Android 4.0 in June, gets 32GB and 64GB flavors

Can't say we're surprised, but Meizu's finally giving us the lowdown on the quad-core variant of its flagship Android smartphone. Simply dubbed the MX Quad-core, this new device will be powered by a Cortex-A9-based, 32nm HKMG (High-K Metal Gate) quad-core Samsung Exynos chip -- no word on the clock speed or RAM, but we're betting our money on the Exynos 4412 that goes up to 1.5GHz. Meizu claims this will save up to 20 percent of CPU power consumption compared to its dual-core counterpart. Also, the battery will be bumped up from 1,600mAh to 1,700mAh -- we shall see how much difference this makes when we eventually get our hands on the phone. And yes, in addition to the original white back cover, you'll be able to swap it with one of the five optional colored covers pictured above.

On the software side you'll get a Meizu-customized Ice Cream Sandwich system (aka Flyme OS), though it isn't clear whether the company will stick to its old promise of simultaneously releasing a vanilla ROM. The rest of the new phone's identical to the dual-core MX, especially the 4-inch 960 x 640 ASV display and the eight-megapixel BSI camera. While there's still no microSD expansion, here's some good news to make up for this flaw: the base model starts at 32GB and it'll cost the same as the current 16GB MX! In other words, come June the unsubsidized MX Quad-core will go from ¥2,999 (US$480) in China and HK$3,099 (US$400) in Hong Kong; and then there'll also be a 64GB version priced at ¥3,999 (US$635) and HK$4,099 (US$530), respectively. Meanwhile, starting today, the original MX is reduced to ¥2,399 (US$380) and HK$2,599 (US$335). Press release after the break.

Now, with Meizu proudly claiming to have the world's first smartphone to utilize the quad-core Exynos chip, we wonder where Samsung's at with its own unicorn device?

Source : Meizu MX Quad-core launching with Android 4.0 in June, gets 32GB and 64GB flavors -- Engadget
SignOps likes this.

RajaPraveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-12   #2
teh nuB!
Everyday I see my Dream!!

Don_Mon is very HonorableDon_Mon is very Honorable
Re: Meizu MX Quad-core Launching with Android 4.0 in June, Gets 32GB and 64GB Flavors

the specs on this phone look quite promising and the pricing is pocket friendly too. wonder if we get to see this phone in india.
Don_Mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-12   #3
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
D3 nightmare

Rig Gallery

mav2000 is extemely Distinguished
mav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguished
Re: Meizu MX Quad-core Launching with Android 4.0 in June, Gets 32GB and 64GB Flavors

Dont look like it will come here....
Old 16-04-12   #4
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

wingzero is extremely Renowned
wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned

OT: Had tried a PMP from 'em. the SQ was quite good build was decent too.

Guides n Reviews :
wingzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-12   #5
Semper foo
Ignorance is Bliss

SignOps is extremely Renowned
SignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely Renowned

How are the Meizu series? Anyone personally used them? Available on DX - but skeptical of the build quality.

SignOps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-12   #6
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

^^ They're really doing well in China. So Build Quality can't be bad.
SignOps likes this.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-12   #7
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

Good phone
But the battery should be like 2000mah or so . 1700mah is not bad though for 4'' screen.
uniquegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-12   #8
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

The company has built a solid reputation in China as Ad1 said, the built quality is good from we read or hear.. but I hat the fact that this is just 4" screen and not even 1280 resolution !!!
I mean why waste so much hardware resources on a relative puny output !!!

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

1700 mAH is not at all bad, lesser rated battery lasts me all or more of 24hours on my Samsung Focus.. so it is a efficiency of the OS concerned !!! even the iPhone 4S lasts 24 hours+ with good usage !!
if you need max battery then get the Moto Razr Max !!!
Talk: 21.5 hours max. (1290 minutes)
Standby: 380 hours max. (15.8 days)
3300 mAh LiIon
Originally Posted by uniquegamer View Post
Good phone
But the battery should be like 2000mah or so . 1700mah is not bad though for 4'' screen.
SignOps likes this.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-12   #9
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

You want 1280x720 from a 4" Screen? From Meizu?

Name a top manufacturer who does that on their phone. Please.
ManISinJpr likes this.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-12   #10
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

We are all wishing.. so I do want it, but then if the company delivers it or not is not upto my wishes
Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
You want 1280x720 from a 4" Screen? From Meizu?

Name a top manufacturer who does that on their phone. Please.
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-12   #11
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

4'' is too small for 1280x720 resolution untill some company comes with it (like the new ipad's 10'' display). Though htc one x does 1280x720 at 4.7''
uniquegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-12   #12
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned

Yes .. qHD is a reasonable resolution for 4" .. 250+ ppi is quite enough.

Whats the screen tech ?

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-12   #13
Jeebus
forgiving your sins

RajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished
RajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished

Originally Posted by dexterboygenius View Post

Whats the screen tech ?
TFT LCD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
RajaPraveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-12   #14
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

rdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputable

From what i have heard. The sound quality on the Meizu M9 was eargasmic and the MX is supposed to be even better. The build quality is not something to write home about. It is plasticky like the S2. However their own heavily skinned android - FLYME - is something truly unique, more like even more modded MIUI.
I was getting the MX for $400-425 from a buyer in hong-kong, but decided against it for now. It had the same specs as that of Note with this 4" screen. Also from what i have heard, they provide a dual booting system with a truly AOSP ROM as well, provided you don't like the FLYME.
rdst_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply