Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Storage Solutions
Register Forgot Password?

Old 12-12-08   #1
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Seagate gonna reduce Warranty from 5 to 3 Years :(

yup folks thats the news. its gonna be reduced from 5 to 3 years for most of the general drives w.e.f jan 3 2009

Seagate Technology - Product Warranty Matrix

WD will follow suit as india is the only country they offer 5 year warranty

God help us
Old 12-12-08   #2
Tiger Style
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Dont buy HIS products

Mav3ricK is highly AdmirableMav3ricK is highly AdmirableMav3ricK is highly AdmirableMav3ricK is highly AdmirableMav3ricK is highly AdmirableMav3ricK is highly AdmirableMav3ricK is highly Admirable
Seagate Lowers Warranty Period from 5 to 3 Years on Some Desktop Hard Drives

Seagate, the biggest hard drive manufacturer, has announced today that effective January 3, 2009, the company will be making some important changes to its limited warranty terms for selected drives. The warranty period for consumer electronics (Seagate Barracuda 7200 included), notebook (Momentus 7200 and Momentus 5400 included) and personal storage bare drives sold to Seagate Authorized Distributors will be changed from 5 years to 3 years. Seagate believes that the new warranty period and terms better reflect current industry standards. Seagate enterprise class drives and Seagate and Maxtor external retail products that have 5-year warranty periods will not be affected by this change. Please take a look at the Seagate Warranty Matrix for more information.

techPowerUp! News :: Seagate Lowers Warranty Period from 5 to 3 Years on Some Desktop Hard Drives

VGA:HIS R9280X 3gb
Monitor:BENQ 22"
MB:Socket 1155 - GA-H77-DS3H
CPU:i7 3770
Sound:M-Audio Audiophile 2496
Speakers: Edifier C2 2.1
Memory: 8 Gb Corsair
PSU: Cooler Master G600 80 Plus
HDD: 160 + 250 + 320 gb Seagate
Cooling: Antec C40
Chassis: CM 690

Last edited by Ad1tya; 12-12-08 at 10:37 PM.
Mav3ricK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08   #3
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great
Re: Seagate Lowers Warranty Period from 5 to 3 Years on Some Desktop Hard Drives

LAME!?!?!..

Im just about to buy the Seagate 1.5TB 7200.11.. G R E A T!...
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08   #4
Lounge Bug
Chocolate Salted Balls.

Rig Gallery

bean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famedbean_laden is highly Famed
Re: Seagate gonna reduce Warranty from 5 to 3 Years :(

... bad seagate...
Old 12-12-08   #5
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Memnom is highly AdmirableMemnom is highly AdmirableMemnom is highly AdmirableMemnom is highly AdmirableMemnom is highly AdmirableMemnom is highly Admirable

@ Adi if u buy "now" the warranty of 5 years stick bru check out the website
Memnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-08   #6
Let me be honest !
Banned

MaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly Dreadful

with the quality of their drives ... couldn't expect any better from them

"Genius is one per cent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration. Accordingly, a 'genius' is often merely a talented person who has done all of his or her homework." - Thomas A Edison
MaxAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-08   #7
teh nuB!

overclocked is Mysterious

I have seen most of the Hard drives conk off within 3 years..and the once we get as replacement conk off even faster..
5 Year warranty is/was a boon..Sad that they are taking a step in the wrong direction..
overclocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-08   #8
teh priesT!
[E]onian

DONjuan is highly AdmirableDONjuan is highly AdmirableDONjuan is highly AdmirableDONjuan is highly AdmirableDONjuan is highly AdmirableDONjuan is highly Admirable

F**K seagate,that's ****, Hope WD does not follow,WD still needs to cover .lot of ground in India. lets see what is their strategy
DONjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-08   #9
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Living life king size

Jinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly Admirable

That sad news.. damn them.. I just hope Seagate and WD are talking in the backend to reduce the warranty and thereby save costs.. afterall there is nobody here to check them unlike the US if they do decide on such an agreement.
Jinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-08   #10
teh geeK!
[E]onian

prajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famed

this is sad
I hope WD does not follow them, but they definitely will.
Its cartel politics while deciding such policies.
prajith is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply