Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Software Zone > Operating Systems
Register Forgot Password?

Old 27-03-12   #1
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery
idea Scrolling Laggy on Mac OS X Lion?

As you might know already, I am using a pretty beefy MacBook Pro (running OS X 10.7.3) for my work.

However, one thing which annoys me is the choppiness of the scrolling in Chrome. For example, after opening Engadget, a simple up down scroll will appear extremely choppy on the OS. Things are perfect when scrolling on [E] or when browsing Engadget on Safari though.

What gives? Anyone else notice this?

Do I need to enable GPU accel or something?

Regards,
Karan Misra

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12   #2
Jeebus
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
forgiving your sins

RajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished
RajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished
Re: Scrolling Laggy on Mac OS X Lion?

Finally ! i guess i am not the only one who noticed this, i just did not bring it up as an issue cause i did not want the "oh look the apple hater has started bashing again" comments.

The only difference for me is that i find the scrolling as choppy as chrome in safari as well.

RajaPraveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12   #3
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

I think it is coz of gpu acceleration issues..

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12   #4
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!

I went in and enabled GPU acceleration in Chrome. Also, I had forced the Integrated GPU to be used only. When I restored it to 'Dynamic' switching, its pretty smooth (better than Windows.)
KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12   #5
Jeebus
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
forgiving your sins

RajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished
RajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished

Interesting, i never noticed this in windows and only when i switched to OSX i noticed this issue, may be OSX is a transparent OS.

Google
RajaPraveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12   #6
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

So nice to hear that the problems are over, but I do think that most of OS X Lion users will not be able to help themselves !!!
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-12   #7
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Life no so Jingalala! lol!

Pernicious is very Notable

I face a similar issue! I have a MBP 13, and when I open various webpages simultaneously, say I am on one tab and two tabs are loading in the background, now when I scroll on the current tab it lags/is slow/takes time to respond just like in a smartphone. Seems like processor or ram bottleneck :/
Pernicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply