Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Hardware and Case Mods
Register Forgot Password?

Old 10-12-10   #1
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery
Scratch Build: ReWenge

This is all thanks to Mohit Garg. You see, a few days ago, I was discussing with him about a rig he wanted to make, which was to be made out of wood. Now, i haven't worked on wood before, and seeing how I like challenges, I thought it might be a good time to try my hand at some old-school carpentry, since Flux is on hold at the moment due to non-availability of funds.

The best part about using wood is that it is cheap (atleast the one that I'm planning to use), and is relatively easy to cut without resorting to power tools. I have ordered the material that I need already, and am expecting delivery either today or by Monday. I thought that I'd post this when I have something to show, but there is time to kill now and posting it right now felt like the best idea. Once I start modding (which I hope will be tomorrow late at night) I don't know whether i'll remember to take the pics

Any way, keep checking this thread for updates.

Oh and yes, about the build's name- I know how to spell 'Revenge'- its just that I'll be using Wenge for the finish, and this sounded like a good name at the time. In hindsight, it feels kinda lame. Once the build starts to take shape, I'll be counting on you guys to help me out.
A disclaimer, of sorts- First time using wood, or even thinking about it. Keep your expectations low, and the flaming even lower.
Wish me luck.
Project: reWenge
On Hold: Project: Flux

Last edited by Xanan; 10-12-10 at 10:18 AM.
Xanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10   #2
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent
Re: Scratch Build: ReWenge

wishing you luck!
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10   #3
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Xanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply Great

expect concept renders if I'm bored enough. But then, I don't have anything in my mind- I'll be pulling this one out of my ass.
Running a fever at the moment, but still can't hold the excitement.
Old 10-12-10   #4
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

what shape/object/item you planning?
Old 10-12-10   #5
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Xanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply Great

Originally Posted by JD666 View Post
what shape/object/item you planning?
its gonna be on the lines of flux...consider this as a practice mod
Old 10-12-10   #6
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Best of luck to you, just remember to keep the airflow at a high rate...so plan to have either more of powerful fans in it..

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10   #7
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Best of luck to you, just remember to keep the airflow at a high rate...so plan to have either more of powerful fans in it..
its gonna be a monster...as of now, the height is about 3ft...so temps probably won't be such a big deal as its not gonna be OC'd or gamed on heavily- this is more of a download rig.
Old 10-12-10   #8
Banned

PoPo is Mysterious

Best of luck, Xanan !!!
Old 10-12-10   #9
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

ok, im missing something here. whats flux?? ( as in other than back to the future, and soldering material ).
Old 10-12-10   #10
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by JD666 View Post
ok, im missing something here. whats flux?? ( as in other than back to the future, and soldering material ).
click on my siggy to know
Old 10-12-10   #11
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

First batch of Materials In

So, after waiting a full day, doing nothing but twiddling my thumbs, I got the first shipment of materials, namely this:

Doesn't look too bad. I'd liked something that was a bit more reflective, but whatever. The spots are from my wife's feet- she almost trampled the thing and broke it. Well, she does have a knack to end up doing these things. i should be getting used to all this by now.

Boy, is this thing huge? As you can see, its taken all of the space my wife has generously allotted to me for my modding activities, or as she prefers to label them "Huge headache and mess generating, serious waste of time and money causing, fruitless whims".

My modest collection of modding related items, unceremoniously dumped into boxes by my OCD-inflicted wife. Not much in there, except for old PSUs, screws, waterblocks, pumps, maybe a rad too, somewhere.

And a bonus: Look what I found under the kitchen sink (no, seriously, this is where I found it). Will have a dekko soon to see if it fits my bill. I guess it must have belonged to the previous owner of the house. No stand-offs, sadly, but Mav has told me he'd be shipping them over for me tomorrow, so not all hope is lost.

Well that's about it. Not too sure why I bothered posting all this- extreme boredom I guess. Well, at least you got to see where I mod. I miss the old house- the hall was so much bigger, and it was all MINE.
Beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Last edited by Xanan; 26-02-11 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-12-10   #12
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble
Re: First batch of Materials In

Lmao !!! Rotfl...
Originally Posted by xanan View Post
so, after waiting a full day, doing nothing but twiddling my thumbs, i got the first shipment of materials, namely this:

Doesn't look too bad. I'd liked something that was a bit more reflective, but whatever. The spots are from my wife's feet- she almost trampled the thing and broke it. Well, she does have a knack to end up doing these things. I should be getting used to all this by now.
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10   #13
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Re: First batch of Materials In

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Lmao !!! Rotfl...
Yeah, i know. Laugh at me all you want. Someday, your wife will be doing the same thing and I'll be the one laughing.
Seriously guys, you don't have any sympathy.
Son I am Disappoint.
Dave likes this.
Old 10-12-10   #14
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent

LOL, Dude Manish is a father of two boys, and u call him son. LMAO

And if I know correctly, you have a knack of breaking your own things too. How is teh camera deal coming? and the SATA cables?

By standoff due you mean stand off screws for mobo, if yes I have a pouch lying at home, can send them if u want!
Dave likes this.
MOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10   #15
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by mohitgarg View Post
LOL, Dude Manish is a father of two boys, and u call him son. LMAO

And if I know correctly, you have a knack of breaking your own things too. How is teh camera deal coming? and the SATA cables?

By standoff due you mean stand off screws for mobo, if yes I have a pouch lying at home, can send them if u want!

hehhehe...I had no idea. The camera is on hold at the moment, and I haven't been able to transfer the funds to Prajith...the authorisation code that I'm supposed to receive is not coming through, maybe because Visa site was down. And yes, I mean those screws...no wait, the little brass thingies that the screws for attaching the mobo to the cabbie go in to. If you have em, send em off...I need all I can get.
Post New Thread  Reply