Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Hardware and Case Mods
Register Forgot Password?

Old 15-10-10   #1
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery
Scratch Build- Project: Flux

Hi!

After I finished working on project: Lambda, I found myself with a lot of free time to kill, and so was born Project: Flux. In fact, the idea for this build came to me while working on Lambda. However, since modding is expensive business, and I have rarely seen sponsored Indian mods, this idea was quickly pushed to a corner of my mind. I like to think that I must have worked on it subconsciously for atleast three months before I decided it was time to build a new rig. Any way, so here we are.

This is what inspired the design:

There are two reasons why I called this build 'Flux' :

a) 'Flux' means change.
Nothing has been planned out at all. I'll be making up stuff as I go along, everything keeps changing (at one point even the name) and

b) Since its inspired by a circuit board, what better name than 'Flux'?

Well, I have already started work...you wont see any pics for now because I don't have a camera, and because there isn't much to show at this point. Progress is going to be slow, because I can only spend a little at a time, and because the whole thing just keeps on changing. Be patient, and I promise you that this one is going to be one of the best builds I've ever made.
Project: reWenge
On Hold: Project: Flux

Xanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-10   #2
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned
Re: Scratch Build- Project: Flux

What kind of shape would you be going for .. ?

The lamda cube was beautifully put together .. btw

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-10   #3
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Xanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply Great

Originally Posted by dexterboygenius View Post
What kind of shape would you be going for .. ?

The lamda cube was beautifully put together .. btw
The shape would be hard to describe at the moment, because it will depend on the design and layout of different components, and they depend on something else, and that depends on something else...you get the picture.

One thing I'm sure about, though: This case is going to be tall and slim- I think a little more than 2 feet, and it definitely would not be a conventional box case.
I'm thinking of doing some sketch up modeling of the case, but seeing how i want to challenge myself by not planning it before hand, it may be a while before you guys actually see anything similar to a case.

Thanks for the vote of appreciation. The Lambda cube is now gathering dust under my desk because i'm already bored.
Old 16-10-10   #4
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Xanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply Great
Need help please!

Hi!

For this project, there's going to be some serious modding required. If anyone can help me find a vacuum pump setup, I'd be greatly indebted.
Without a Vacuum setup, the mod I'm planning will not be possible. Please reply ASAP.

Thanks and regards,
Xanan
Old 16-10-10   #5
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
figuring out a movie to watch

KrashNBurn is extremely Eminent
KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent

Did you happen to check SP Road? Also what kinda vacuum pump are you looking for? How high must the pressure be? size of the pump? May be if it wouldnt be giving away too many details, you could talk about what the pump is going to achieve.

You can run, but you can't hide!

KrashNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-10   #6
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by krashnburn View Post
Did you happen to check SP Road? Also what kinda vacuum pump are you looking for? How high must the pressure be? size of the pump? May be if it wouldnt be giving away too many details, you could talk about what the pump is going to achieve.
I haven't checked anyplace yet because I'm sure this thing is going to cost a fortune. As for giving away the details, i'm not worried about it as I don't have any details to give. All I know is that I have to create a box, say about 3ft by 3ft by 3ft, out of Acrylic, and this needs to have a vacuum inside it. Anything that can achieve this at a reasonable price is sufficient.

This box would then be used to install the window mod on the HDD, because it is important that I work in a vacuum environment so that dust or other particles do not get inside the HDD.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

I have mocked up, what I think is going to be the tentative case layout On Max. Please chip in with your suggestions.

Keep watching this space for more updates.

Pics in the next five minutes.

as promised:

Haven't done the design for the left side panel yet.

Here's a close-up of the HDD rack. You can see the power supply in the background.

Two options of the PSU mount. Haven't decided which one I'll use.
Option 1

Option 2

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Updated the pics. Waiting for a sign from you guys.

Last edited by Xanan; 16-10-10 at 09:20 PM.
Old 17-10-10   #7
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent

Nice, a little explanation on what u plan on making would help too and what the various things are and how the HDD will be mounted.
Nice sketches anyway.

3ftx3ftx3ft would be too big. I'd say for something like 3 feet tall, two feet deep and 1 feet in width
MOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-10   #8
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Dude if this turn out as teh pics are, it will be a killer rig for sure...

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-10   #9
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

At the moment, the details are sketchy, since I have deliberately tried to keep it that way. Even the designs shown here are what I feel the case should look like. The only concrete thing is probably the name, and that this case will NOT use any LEDs or lights, and that there will be no fans(apart from the one on the CPU block) or Liquid cooling. All cooling would be passive, relying on convection only.

The mounting of HDDs will depend on how successful the window mod is.

As for the size of the box, well since the HDD mod would be done inside this, I need a large area for work.
Old 17-10-10   #10
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Dude if this turn out as teh pics are, it will be a killer rig for sure...
I certainly hope so!
Old 17-10-10   #11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

IshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly Famed

Wow, dude, great design.

What are you thinking about the hardware in this one?
Also the water cooling, stock or custom?
Also, another iron frame or some other metal/material?
IshanSaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-10   #12
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by IshanSaluja View Post
Wow, dude, great design.

What are you thinking about the hardware in this one?
Also the water cooling, stock or custom?
Also, another iron frame or some other metal/material?
Thanks man. The hardware would be (I hope MSI 890 G mobo, AMD Phenom 2 X4, 1 TB WD HDD, 4Gb Corsair DDR3 Dominator RAM and a 650/750W CoolerMaster PSU).

The case frame I'm thinking would be MS- I'm not sure if Aluminium would be suitable for a cantilevered design such as this. As for the plans for the rest of the case, I'm feeling a bit lazy right now...today would be a straight 96 hours without sleep so here goes:

Originally Posted by Xanan View Post
At the moment, the details are sketchy, since I have deliberately tried to keep it that way. Even the designs shown here are what I feel the case should look like. The only concrete thing is probably the name, and that this case will NOT use any LEDs or lights, and that there will be no fans(apart from the one on the CPU block) or Liquid cooling. All cooling would be passive, relying on convection only.

The mounting of HDDs will depend on how successful the window mod is.

As for the size of the box, well since the HDD mod would be done inside this, I need a large area for work.
Old 17-10-10   #13
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Rig Gallery

wingzero is extremely Renowned
wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned

how much are you gonna spend on this??...

Guides n Reviews :
wingzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-10   #14
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Approx 9k, if you don't count the Cooler Master 650w PSU. Out of the 9K, atleast 1.5 k will be spent on traveling only as I don't own any form of transportation, and am stuck on using autos

By the way congrats on winning the RoTM- I loved the rig. How did you do the dragon thingy? Is it an etching?
Old 17-10-10   #15
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

IshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly Famed

Originally Posted by Xanan View Post
Approx 9k, if you don't count the Cooler Master 650w PSU. Out of the 9K, atleast 1.5 k will be spent on traveling only as I don't own any form of transportation, and am stuck on using autos

By the way congrats on winning the RoTM- I loved the rig. How did you do the dragon thingy? Is it an etching?
So custom water cooling? Ay thoughts on that?
IshanSaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply