Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Bazaar > Closed/Completed Deals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 18-10-10   #1
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Where is AMD?

Sata to 4-pin Molex(IDE) Adapter

guys need a sata to molex 4 pin(IDE) adapter or cable. my psu has 4 sata connectors and three molex but all the 4-pin molex connectors are used up and need to still connect the cabinet fans and led display.
something like this
4-Pin Molex Output from sata power cable input, SATA to Molex Y-Cable from CoolDrives.com
only the black adapter will also suffice.
need this urgently
thanks
Old 18-10-10   #2
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

Xanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply Great
Bazaar Feedback : 5 deals
Re: Sata to 4-pin Molex(IDE) Adapter

Originally Posted by mrcool63 View Post
guys need a sata to molex 4 pin(IDE) adapter or cable. my psu has 4 sata connectors and three molex but all the 4-pin molex connectors are used up and need to still connect the cabinet fans and led display.
something like this
4-Pin Molex Output from sata power cable input, SATA to Molex Y-Cable from CoolDrives.com
only the black adapter will also suffice.
need this urgently
thanks
If you are ready for a little bit of modding, you won't need a converter at all...just lemme know.
Those things in the link are too expensive for something you can do for free.
Project: reWenge
On Hold: Project: Flux

Old 18-10-10   #3
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Where is AMD?

mrcool63 is highly Admirablemrcool63 is highly Admirablemrcool63 is highly Admirablemrcool63 is highly Admirablemrcool63 is highly Admirable
Bazaar Feedback : 9 deals

just had my zebronics psu rma'ed and returned. dont want that piece of shit to get fried again.tight on the budget, thats why the adapter.(otherwise who cares!!!)
Old 18-10-10   #4
Banned

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Bazaar Feedback : 13 deals

Originally Posted by Xanan View Post
If you are ready for a little bit of modding, you won't need a converter at all...just lemme know.
Those things in the link are too expensive for something you can do for free.
am ready......care to share the ways of cable modding bro?

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you

Old 18-10-10   #5
Idiki gold ftw.
Community Moderator

Rig Gallery

Xanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply GreatXanan is simply Great
Bazaar Feedback : 5 deals

Originally Posted by mrcool63 View Post
just had my zebronics psu rma'ed and returned. dont want that piece of shit to get fried again.tight on the budget, thats why the adapter.(otherwise who cares!!!)
Oh it won't get fried...basically, the Sata connector has one extra wire...so to convert it into a Molex, all you need to do is to replace the connector, and leave out the red wire.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Sumonpathak View Post
am ready......care to share the ways of cable modding bro?
Yeah, no problem. I don't have access to a cam ATM so I'll be using pics from the internet. Here's how you do it:
Standard Sata Power connector:

Standard Molex 4 Pin Power connector
i

If you notice carefully, a standard SATA power connector has an extra wire (typically orange on most standard power supply). This connector is used to supply an additional 3.3V input to the device. However, most devices in use today do not use this line at all, so basically, a SATA and a Molex connector are the same. However, the pin order is different for each. To match wires properly, we will use the reference images supplied above. I shall be referring to the wires as they appear in the images above. Wire Numbers will be from Left to right.
Note that a SATA Power cable has a pin identifier on the Orange wire while the Molex pin identifier is by reference image only.

To convert a SATA connector to the molex, all you have to do is cut off all the wires at about 3 inches from the connector, so that you can use it in the future.
Now, scavenge a molex male connector from somewhere. Align it according to the picture above.

Now, simply connect the same-colored wires together, solder and apply heat shrink/insulation. Insulate or tape off the extra wire so you don't short stuff accidentally.

If the wires are of different colors, refer to the pictures above.

Wires 2 and 4 from the SATA connector attach to wires 2 and 3 on the Molex

Wire 5 from the SATA connector attaches to wire 1 on the Molex

Wire 3 from the SATA connector attaches to wire 4 on the Molex.

There is no risk involved, provided you follow the instructions word to word. However, if you accidentally set fire to your house, or blow your computer, or cause WW3, I shall not be responsible.
Seriously, don't worry- I have done this a million times. Hope this was helpful.

Last edited by Xanan; 19-10-10 at 12:27 AM.