Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Core Components
Register Forgot Password?

Old 18-07-11   #1
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Rig Gallery
Sandy Bridge-E

Here are details of the first three models of Intel's "Sandy Bridge-E" Core i7 processors in the LGA2011 package. Some of these details were made public as early as mid-April. It was then analyzed that Intel was driving two distinct lines of LGA2011 client processors: Enthusiast and Performance, and within Performance, there were BClk multiplier-unlocked six-core, and locked quad-core chips. With the new series, Intel will move to the 3000 series of processor model numbering, indicating that the new processors will be part of Intel's 3rd generation Core processors, even though they're based on the Sandy Bridge architecture.

Before we move to the model numbers, here's a quick run up of the brand extenders. "X" denotes Extreme Edition, "K" denotes "Unlocked" (BClk multipler unlocked). Leading the pack will be Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition. This six-core (6 cores, 12 threads with HTT) chip has a nominal clock speed of 3.30 GHz, Turbo Boost speed of up to 3.90 GHz, and features the full 15 MB of L3 cache present on the Sandy Bridge-E silicon. Expect this chip to have a four figure price-tag.

Next up, is the Core i7-3930K, with 6 cores, 12 threads, a nominal clock speed of 3.20 GHz, and Turbo Boost speed of 3.80 GHz; but 12 MB of L3 cache compared to 15 MB on the Extreme Edition chip. This chip features an unlocked BClk multiplier, making overclocking it possible.

The most affordable LGA2011 chip will be Core i7-3820, with 4 cores, 8 threads, nominal clock speed of 3.60 GHz, Turbo speed of 3.90 GHz, and just 10 MB of L3 cache. Unlike the other two, this one has its BClk multiplier locked. All three models feature quad-channel DDR3 memory controllers, but it is likely that the lower-end models could also have lower DRAM multiplier limits. All three chips will have other features in common, including a PCI-Express 3.0 root complex that gives out two x16 links to drive graphics.

Sandy Bridge-E Model Numbers, Clock Speeds Surface | techPowerUp
nish_higher and REDRUM like this.

Guides n Reviews :
wingzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-11   #2
Banned
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Re: Sandy Bridge-E

lets hope they are priced competitively....specially the extreme edition...or else it may/will fail like 990x..

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you

Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-11   #3
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

Bclk can otherwise be used for OC'ing like in 920/930/950?
GTX580 Twin Frozr II
Silent Pro M700
Tempest 410 Elite
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-11   #4
teh priesT!
[E]onian
iPwn

nish_higher is highly Admirablenish_higher is highly Admirablenish_higher is highly Admirablenish_higher is highly Admirablenish_higher is highly Admirablenish_higher is highly Admirablenish_higher is highly Admirable

Sweet. just hope these release in q4 this year
Old 18-07-11   #5
CoMod
Community Moderator
Sellers beware of the invasion

invader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Great

Nice .. . awaiting the cost
invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-11   #6
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

wingzero is extremely Renowned
wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by Sumonpathak View Post
lets hope they are priced competitively....specially the extreme edition...or else it may/will fail like 990x..
Well m hoping they would drop the price of 990X significantly before EOL then eventually i would grab one

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Xeo View Post
Bclk can otherwise be used for OC'ing like in 920/930/950?
Yup probably should
Old 18-07-11   #7
Banned
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

990x?? oh noes...
Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-11   #8
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by Sumonpathak View Post
990x?? oh noes...
haha.....Lets see. i hate to change the whole platform already spent a bomb on this one
Old 20-07-11   #9
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
This user has status.

Zloyd is very RespectfulZloyd is very Respectful

Wing you dont need to change anything for gaming I have X58 920 too for almost 2 years and I can see another year at minimum before cpu shows age and games start to want even more( dont really think this will happen 8cores ftw). Im not sure right now if I will pick up a 2nd hand 980x to extend life of this platform or just save and invest big again if a chip as magical as 920 comes out again.

Get mad video card and screen and enjoy.
Zloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-11   #10
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

^^well i was planning later. Not anytime soon. i7 serves well for me as well and gtx 460 is also enough for my gaming needs. just need a better screen now.
Old 20-07-11   #11
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent

U23-11H FTW!

Also weren't u saying u won't be using desktops for a longtime and move onto laptops?
MOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-11   #12
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by MOZ View Post
U23-11H FTW!

Also weren't u saying u won't be using desktops for a longtime and move onto laptops?
na more likely a BenQ g2220HD. Don't wanna spend 14k on Dell . Laptops perhaps i am planning to go abroad lets see.
Post New Thread  Reply