Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Android Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 25-02-14   #1
The Game is On!
Community Coordinator
"Derevaun Seraun"

Interesting Samsung's Galaxy S5 is Here

Samsung has announced the fifth generation of the Galaxy S series, the much anticipated Galaxy S5 in the Mobile World Congress 2014.
With the Galaxy S5, Samsung is going back to basics to focus on delivering the capabilities that matter most to our consumers
said JK Shin, President and Head of IT & Mobile Communications Division at Samsung.

Specifications:
  • 5.1” FHD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080)
  • 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor
  • Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
  • 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI and 4K video recording
  • 2.1MP front-facing camera
  • IP67 ratings for Dust and water Resistance.
  • 2GB RAM
  • 16GB / 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
  • 2800 mAh Battery with Ultra Power Saving Mode
Samsung Galaxy S5 is a lot similar to its predecessor when it comes to the design and look. But the back cover of the S5 is perforated for superior feel and grip. The device has the latest Android version Kitkat 4.4.2. The TouchWiz UI has been toned down a bit and is much cleaner and faster. The display of the Galaxy S5 is very similar to the S4 but has local contrast enhancement which automatically analyses the display segment and hence is much clearer, brighter (500cd/mē) and better in sunlight. On the other hand the S5 also has super dimming feature which makes the display extremely dim (2cd/mē) so that it's comfortable in the dark as well. The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with another new hardware feature: heartbeat sensor.

The Galaxy S5 boasts a 2800mAh removable battery. Another new feature that has been added is the Ultra Power Saving Mode. It turns the display to black and white and powers off all the features except call, sms etc to minimise battery consumption. The device can last almost an entire day on stand by with 10% battery left when the Ultra Power Saving mode is turned on.

The camera is the main attraction of the all new Samsung Galaxy S5. The device comes with a 16MP camera with an enhanced menu and user interface. The hybrid auto focus is a combination of standard contrast AF and phase detection AF. As a result of this the Galaxy S5 has the fastest ever auto-focus for a smartphone (0.3 seconds). Another feature is the selective focus which allows you to focus on a specific area or target and blur out the remaining portion of the image. The HDR mode in the Galaxy S5 works for videos as well which is also the first time in any smartphone.

Another feature that has been the main attraction is the fingerprint scanner. Samsung's scanner works by swiping your finger over the home button. Along with the option to unlock your phone the scanner also lets you to keep all the important data in a fingerprint protected data locker. The fingerprint scanner can also be used as an option to make secure payments (Samsung has partnered with Paypal).

The device will be launched globally in April. Pricing is still unknown.

Take a look at the all new Samsung Galaxy S5:

csunit37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-14   #2
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble
Re: Samsung's Galaxy S5 is Here

Uninspiring and quite the same..
Not impressed.. at all.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-14   #3
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

Nothing extra over S4 for a premium phone like this.
Looks are not appealing to buy a high end phone like this
uniquegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-14   #4
Patient_Zero
Community Moderator
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable

So, the trolling took place..

ManISinJpr likes this.
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-14   #5
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable

It is plain Ugly.
Maybe they need to hire some staff from htc especially the Team who designed htc One. Very Unimpressive.
Old 25-02-14   #6
Most Valued [E]onian
Most Valued [E]onian
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

Haha. The Chinese S5 clone looks exactly like this, if not better and I saw it like a month back!
So ditto as others have said: uninspiring, unimpressive and predictable.
ManISinJpr likes this.

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-14   #7
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

manojcitc is Notable

Samsung is following apple trend by releasing same design phone by releasing s3,s4 & s5..
These three device nearly identical to each other.. I thought finally we are having metal design for this year but boy this look worse than I have imagine... I think new device race is easily win by Sony z2 this year... It's still resemble to sony experia z and z1 but still look lot better than piece of shit...

manojcitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-14   #8
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Common Sense - A Superpower

Fenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly Admirable

It also comes in GOLD. LOL.
Old 25-02-14   #9
Patient_Zero
Community Moderator
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Originally Posted by manojcitc View Post
I thought finally we are having metal design for this year but boy this look worse than I have imagine...
You may apparently, if the sources are true.
As going by them, Samsung will release the costlier "Prime" variant with metal body and with their Exynos 8core chip.

But that would cost more than an arm & a leg.

Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
It also comes in GOLD. LOL.
Sadly, it looks like a band-aid
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-14   #10
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

SoundsGreat is very Notable

Hi,

Wow I thought I was the only one to hate this new junk !! Thankfully Am not alone ! Don't know what these guys were thinking ?? Heck if a company like Gionee can come up with phones like E6 and E7,Cherry mobile can whip a phone like Cosmos Z2 (OEM it may be but still) then why in the world a biggie like Samsung chose to launch a phone which lacks basic looks and everything else as their flagship phone eludes me !!

Even the finger print scanner is ripoff from Iphone,at first it was said that they were integrating it in the screen itself but later chose to put in the home button just like Iphone,As much I hate Iphone and its overpricing its these industry leading features that still makes them what they are !! Whatever apple does rest of the herd just blindly follows !!

Well enough said,now just enjoy some truely unique phone,perhaps Samsung can learn a thing or two from this !!

I hope most of you have already seen but still here is the Z2 in all its glory !

Regards.
Free Radical likes this.
SoundsGreat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-14   #11
teh nuB!
[E]onian
www.ramdevproducts.com

Baba Ramdev is Notable

Couldn't expect anything much different but the back cover colours suck.

People who are expecting a lot from the iPhone are also going to be disappointed this year. All smartphone designers have exhausted their best ideas.
Old 25-02-14   #12
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Common Sense - A Superpower

Fenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly Admirable

Hahaha. Someone at SAMUSUNG likes dotted,some stitched and then there will be contoured and ribbed phones coming out. Had to complete that sentence so that the conversation does not go other way. ROFL .
Just wondering the source of inspiration.
Fenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-14   #13
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Bring it ON !!!

Rig Gallery

saifbukhari is very Honorablesaifbukhari is very Honorable

Indeed thoroughly unimpressive. Z2 good for now
Old 25-02-14   #14
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Mumbai

Hemant is Mysterious

Samsung really had a chance here.... Sadly they blew it up...

I generally follow Erika Griffin (gives in depth n good reviews)...

Here what she had to say as a first impression :

Last edited by Hemant; 25-02-14 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Update
Hemant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-14   #15
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Pro Indian Modder

dedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Famed

dont care. not interested.
csunit37 likes this.