Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Mobile Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 18-04-13   #1
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
Icon10 Samsung Hires Students to Post Negative Comments About HTC

Taiwanese authorities said Monday they had launched an investigation into allegations that South Korean tech giant Samsung hired students to post malicious comments about local rival HTC online. Samsungs agent had apparently hired students to write online articles attacking HTC and recommending Samsung cellphones, Taiwan's United Evening News said. If the allegations were upheld, Samsung and its local advertising agent could face a fine of up to US $835,000.

Its rare that companies are caught doing this but Im pretty sure it quite common. We have had a number of companies badmouthing rivals products and promoting their own on the Erodov.com forums. Last year we had a problem of numerous new members coming here to promote LG products. The problem was finally resolved after we contacted LG representatives in Korea and asked them to stop this on Erodov.

I wonder how much Samsung was paying the students for their posts.

Source : AFP: Taiwan probes Samsung 'dirty tricks' vs HTC'
kartikoli and dash2009 like this.
Old 18-04-13   #2
teh geeK!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

prajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famedprajith is highly Famed
Re: Samsung Hires Students to Post Negative Comments About HTC

yeah i remember the LG craze here at [E]
I think this might be a upcoming pocket money job for school/college kids nowadays.

---------------------------------------------------------
Home : Core i5 3470, Z77, 4x4 GB Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 400R
Travel & Work : Dell Latitude E6320

prajith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-13   #3
teh geeK!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

kartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirable

agent vijay hire me to promote erodov.com on LG/Samsung forums

P.S. good read
kartikoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-13   #4
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

All these corporations fighting against each other and doing such stuff !

Bastids... I say..

Corporate thieves, but as they say many corporations post stupid and not real complaints too for gaining a positive fanbase who also thinks they are so pure so let us wait..
although this won't prove anything..

ManISinJpr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-13   #5
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

In reasonably well run forums the problem is limited, but on some news, reviews and shopping sites the problem is severe. For instance I think on Flipkart.com most of the reviews will give you false info. Many of them are posted by company reps themselves or by competitors trying to defame the product. Even I was asked to post a fake review on Flipkart by a friend of mine whose products are sold there.
syedthedevil likes this.
vijayninel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-13   #6
Banned

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

i hope the payment was good

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you

Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-13   #7
Most Valued [E]onian
Most Valued [E]onian
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

HIghly unethical but definitely not unexpected.
I have a similar view on most advertising, especially the commercials you see on television and newsprint media.

I therefore shun all brand tags and advertising. They seldom serve the consumers' interests as they by premise are paid bait.
Unfortunately, real reviews like on forums were the only thing that genuinely held a modicum of trust but now even they are rare and few.

With the deluge of people spending their time on Facebook likes and online shopping reviews, the average IQ of the people browsing the net nowadays has definitely fallen. There is indeed a significant number of sheeple who's fall for such advertising trolls. Makes for good business.

But i'd be lying if I said I cared.
Companies need money to fund their R & D, and Samsung lately has been doiing a lot of that

Sent from my NEO-G4
syedthedevil likes this.

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.

Last edited by Free Radical; 18-04-13 at 10:09 PM.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-13   #8
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Pro Indian Modder

dedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Famed

everyone is using dirty tricks nowadays, albeit some hornorable companies. and i will continue to stick with those honorable companies no matter what.

not the first time samsung has been caught in malpractice.
Old 18-04-13   #9
Banned

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by Free Radical View Post
With the deluge of people spending their time on Facebook likes and online shopping reviews, the average IQ of the people browsing the net nowadays has definitely fallen. There is indeed a significant number of sheeple who's fall for such advertising trolls. Makes for good business.
this......speciafically the fanboyism over facebook is..well.......wayy too much
Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-13   #10
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

I am in agreement to this.. and see such people a lot of time on the media and social structure..
Originally Posted by Free Radical View Post
ManISinJpr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-13   #11
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Working my @$$ off

Micki9559 is Notable

This is quite a common thing nowadays.

Micki9559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-13   #12
Banned
Rocking!

manojbhagat is Mysterious

Hey guys,
These types of activities invites bad impact on goodwill for any company, Its all about to survive in market and its not easy for these companies doing these types of stuff .....
manojbhagat is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply