Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Tablet Computers
Register Forgot Password?

Old 16-05-13   #1
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 - Worth It?

I was checking on the budget 7 inch Android tablets available these days and came across the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110. The specs are as follows -

• 3.15 MP Primary Camera (good to take photos of traffic jams and concrete buildings)
  • 7-inch LCD Capacitive Touchscreen
  • 344 g
  • 1 GHz Dual Core Processor, 1 GB RAM
  • stereo speakers
  • HD Recording (eh..?)
  • Expandable Storage Capacity of 32 GB (ah .. thankfully no cloud business)
  • Android v4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS
  • 0.3 MP Secondary Camera (to use as a mirror)
  • Wi-Fi only
  • Touchwiz (dealbreaker?)
It's priced at Rs. 9000 on Fleecekart. What do you guys think of this tab? Are there any better available in this range?
Old 16-05-13   #2
Cat in the rat race
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Incognito

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 - Worth It?

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
good to take photos of traffic jams and concrete buildings

Well the cheaper options involve Chinese tablets and rebranded Chinese tablets. So this probably is your best bet. TouchWiz might be annoying, but you can easily root this to install a stock ROM if you vouch for the stock android look. Alternatively you can install Nova/Apex launcher to get rid of the TouchWiz effect.

I had the chance to use one of the Tab2 series of tablets from Samsung, and it was pretty good.
Old 16-05-13   #3
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Its a nice tablet, does m,ost of the work required by general users, though I would suggest you to go for the Nexus 7.. !
the screen itself makes the difference worthwhile and worthy !

Rest is upto you, I know you would buy this and then have a boasting hand at all saying that your samsung of rs.xxxx does that too and so is the winner

But do consider the Nexus 7 !

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-13   #4
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Its a nice tablet, does m,ost of the work required by general users, though I would suggest you to go for the Nexus 7.. !
the screen itself makes the difference worthwhile and worthy !
Well firstly there is a minor 80% price difference between the two and secondly the Nexus's storage cant be expanded, so that is also a point to be considered.
ManISinJpr and Hitesh12 like this.
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-13   #5
teh priesT!

Hitesh12 is very RespectfulHitesh12 is very Respectful

firstly there is a minor 80% price difference
Hitesh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-13   #6
teh zeuS!
I'M bACK

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great

Tab 2 is better on 9k range. You're getting a premium tab rather than chinese rebranded. Go for it.
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-13   #7
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

LOLz.. you are right.. though 80% can be brought down to 60% or so and the screen is awesome and so is the cpu and ram and OTG which is quite fast in there..
Well firstly there is a minor 80% price difference between the two and secondly the Nexus's storage cant be expanded, so that is also a point to be considered.
Old 17-05-13   #8
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
LOLz.. you are right.. though 80% can be brought down to 60% or so and the screen is awesome and so is the cpu and ram and OTG which is quite fast in there..
To be honest the screen is not very important to me and in practical use I dont feel much difference. The CPU, RAM and battery life and expandable storage are more important for me.

Anyway, do you know of any good budget Windows tablets in India? Microsoft is going all mobile these days but is not visible in this market.
Old 17-05-13   #9
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

That my friend is a genuine question that I have also been trying to find answer of, and haven't yet found it
MS is pathetic in its marketing in all spheres.. except that xbox !!
I would like to know if you can gather information about itr, as my laptop also broke.. the screen broke !!
Another credit on my head !
Anyway, do you know of any good budget Windows tablets in India? Microsoft is going all mobile these days but is not visible in this market.
Old 17-05-13   #10
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed

do you know of any good budget Windows tablets in India
The cheapest windows tablets I think are from Acer, but they are hard to find, except eBay and those kind of sources. Even then, they will set you back at least for 25-30k, if not more. I don't think any cheap Windows laptops have been released since the source code in Windows is not free so you need to actually pay for the OS, unlike Android. That jacks up the cost quite a bit.

I surely hope someday we will get sub 15k Windows tabs though.
ChironX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-13   #11
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

You are lucky, if MS releases it in India though.. !!
$300 or near about for a 8" tablet running RT !!
It will release in the near future for now there is Acer in 8" space with $349 !! but from June!!
Originally Posted by ChironX View Post
I surely hope someday we will get sub 15k Windows tabs though.
Old 17-05-13   #12
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

T Windows is not free so you need to actually pay for the OS, unlike Android.
Who told you Android is free? Do you know that Android device makers have to pay licence fees to several patent licensor's including Microsoft? Microsoft actually gets about $15 in licence fees for each of these Galaxy tabs sold.

The problem with Microsoft is that they are trying to copy Apple. They are convinced that they should cater only to the higher end market or they will fail. Hence the pricing.
Old 17-05-13   #13
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

Who told you Android is free? Do you know that Android device makers have to pay licence fees to several patent licensor's including Microsoft? Microsoft actually gets about $15 in licence fees for each of these Galaxy tabs sold.
I know that. But most of the source code is free, the licensing fees of Android is nowhere near to that of what Microsoft charges from its partners like Acer, Asus etc.

I won't bash Microsoft yet again since they are getting blasted again, and again, and again for their strategies.
ChironX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-13   #14
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

If you would then you would be in good books of a very important and dedicated person here
I won't bash Microsoft yet again since they are getting blasted again, and again, and again for their strategies.
ChironX likes this.
Old 18-05-13   #15
The Game is On!
Community Moderator
"Derevaun Seraun"

csunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Great

Online Shopping India - Shop Online for Mobiles, Cameras, Home Appliances ,Books, Jewellery and more from HomeShop18

Use code: GC1PUV5PKNM3
Final price: Rs. 8395/-
Deal Ends in 1day 4hrs