Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Bazaar > Closed/Completed Deals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 01-08-19   #1
teh nuB!
Extremis Malis Extrema Remedia

Samsung Galaxy S7 (Black, 4GB/32 GB) - Sold!

For Sale !
  • Expected Price: Rs 8,000/- shipped
  • Source and Time of Purchase: Flipkart 27/09/2017
  • Reason for Sale: Bought K20
  • RMA/Servicing history: Never serviced
  • Product Condition: 4/5
  • Purchase Invoice Available: Yes
  • Company official Indian warranty valid/Remaining Warranty period: No | 0 Months
  • Accessories Included: Original box, charger, ear phones etc.
  • Product Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
  • Preferred Courier: DTDC
  • Shipping Charges: Will split 50/50
  • Payment Options: Bank transfer, UPI.

Click here to Send a Private Message to me and Buy.

Click here to view my iTrader Profile.

Selling my trusty S7 which has served me good for almost 2 years now.
The phone was used with good care. Never dropped it so no dents anywhere. Always used with a back cover so back side is still as good as new.
Initially I used a tempered glass on it but due to curved edges there would be bubble gaps and hence I decided to use the phone without it.
Even after a year and half of using it like that, there are no major scratches on the display. There are a few minor ones which are visible only if you go looking for it. In no way does it hamper the viewing experience.

I also have the complete box contents. The earphone was never used and still in mint condition. Only the charging cable is visibly dirty. All other accessories are available.

I bought the K20 recently and it didn't feel that much of an upgrade compared to the S7.
After using the K20 for last 2 weeks, today as I started moving stuff from the S7 and resetting it, I noticed that using the S7 has a very different feel to it.
The haptic feedback, the glass build quality, the phone's weight, slimness and form factor all gives a very premium feel. Guess that is what is called the flagship experience!
Now I'm having double thoughts on whether the K20 was a good purchase or not.

Noteworthy features :-
Super AMOLED display with QHD resolution which tops even my newly purchased K20 in terms of vibrancy and quality
Water resistance
4GB RAM and Exynos 8890 Octa Core chipset
Wireless charging
Great design and premium looks
Perfect form factor which makes one handed usage easier

Please note that I have unlocked the bootloader and installed a custom ROM on it which removed all bloatware. The user experience is same as the stock ROM and I have retained just the basic samsung apps like Music, Health, Camera etc. Link - https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...m-8-0-t3793950
This ROM is unlike other custom ROMs which are based on AOSP and degrade the camera quality, don't support VoLTE and also have sounds issues.
This ROM doesn't have any of those problems since everything works just like in stock version.
Only issue I faced with this ROM was that the UPI payment option didn't work with some of the apps like iMobile and such. Although there is a setting in Magisk which will hide the root status and allow to use the payments app. So that worked with PhonePe, PayTm n such.
I would advise any potential buyer to use the phone with the currently installed custom ROM since there are no more official updates from Samsung. But atleast the people at XDA are still releasing new updates for their ROMs. But in case you need the stock ROM, I can install that too before selling it.

About battery life :-
To be honest I was experiencing a battery drain on the stock ROM which was one of the reasons that made me go for a custom ROM.
While I was on the stock ROM, I would charge the battery to 100% and go to sleep around 1 AM.. Use my phone to watch videos till 2 AM and battery would be 88% left. But overnight the battery would drain about 25% which was not good.
So after installing the custom ROM, I noticed that the battery drain overnight got reduced to 10~15% which was still kind of not optimal. Later after doing a lot of research on wakelocks and monitoring for the root cause, I found that disabling Google's news suggestions helped a lot and battery drain overnight reduced to around 5~6%.
Otherwise watching youtube on wifi for one hour would consume only about 12~15%.
So I would rate battery 7/10.

Kindly PM me for any queries, suggestions etc. instead of giving this thread free bumps
Attached Thumbnails
>1.jpg   >2.jpg   >3.jpg   >4.jpg   >5.jpg  

>6.jpg   >7.jpg   >8.jpg   >9.jpg   >10.jpg  

>11.jpg  
Intel i5 4690k -- Antec A40 CPU Cooler -- MSI Z97 PC Mate Board -- Gigabyte G1 GTX 1060 6GB -- Corsair GS600W PSU -- 8GB Corsair Vengeance -- 8GB GSkill Sniper -- 256GB Samsung 830 SSD -- Logitech G402 -- Samsung PLS 1080p -- Play Station 4

Last edited by swagatrath; 02-08-19 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Sold
Old 01-08-19   #2
teh nuB!
Namaskar

ajax22 is sickeningly Dreadful
Bazaar Feedback : 54 deals
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 (Black, 4GB/32 GB)

Check pm
Old 02-08-19   #3
teh nuB!

swagatrath is Mysterious
Bazaar Feedback : 7 deals
Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 (Black, 4GB/32 GB)

As many are asking me about battery life, I have updated a section on battery on the OP..
Wish I had retained the GSAM battery monitor graphs

Update : Sold and shipped to @ajax22

Last edited by swagatrath; 02-08-19 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Sold
Old 02-08-19   #4
teh nuB!
Namaskar

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 (Black, 4GB/32 GB) - Sold!

Payment done and shipping details received.

Thanks....awaiting delivery.
Old 04-08-19   #5
teh nuB!
Namaskar

Received the phone as described. Thanks for awesome deal!

Feedback left. Please reciprocate.

TY
Old 04-08-19   #6
teh nuB!

swagatrath is Mysterious
Bazaar Feedback : 7 deals

Done!
Closing this thread now..