Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Mobile Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 02-09-11   #1
Jeebus
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
forgiving your sins

Samsung Galaxy Note Hands-on 1280x800 Screen

Samsung Galaxy Note hands-on

\

How excited is Samsung about the new Galaxy Note? The company is convinced that the device heralds a whole new space for the industry, something in between the smartphone and the tablet. And what's the space called? The Note, of course. At 5.3 inches, the thing does feel a lot more like a cell phone than a tablet -- albeit a really large one. It's still reasonably portable, certainly more so than the also recently announced Galaxy Tab 7.7, but the added screen real estate might not be worth the extra pocket space for those who don't use their portable devices to watch movies.

Interestingly, the major application here actually seems to be enterprise users. While Android 2.3 isn't particularly known for being a great business OS, the ability to scribble notes with the stylus, the "S Pen," harkens back to the old PDAs and will likely appeal to users sick of typing with their fingers. That said, we had some difficulty mastering the pen in the short time that we spent with it. Despite Samsung's insistence on the thing's accuracy, the stylus was quite slippery on the device's glossy screen, and we had a lot of difficulty being precise for simple drawings -- as you can see in the scribble above.

All in all, it's hard to envision the Note as a whole new space, and it remains to be seen whether the S Pen can indeed give the aged stylus new life. Check on our hands-on video after the break and see for yourself.

Source : Samsung Galaxy Note hands-on (video) -- Engadget

Samsung Galaxy Note hands-on - Engadget Galleries

Samsung's mini Galaxy Note tablet shows off crazy 1280x800 screen | DVICE

Introducing Samsung Galaxy Note - YouTube

RajaPraveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11   #2
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note Hands-on 1280x800 Screen

Like Streak?
Didn't that phone fail?
GTX580 Twin Frozr II
Silent Pro M700
Tempest 410 Elite
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11   #3
Jeebus
forgiving your sins

RajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished
RajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished

^ LG Prada failed before the iPhone but that did not stop the iPhone from becoming a success
ManISinJpr likes this.
RajaPraveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-11   #4
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

The reference is lost to me.
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11   #5
Banned
I'm the biggest n00b around!

montsa007 is somewhat of a Mystery

Its kinda 'big' , have to hire someone to carry it
montsa007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-11   #6
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Oneplus one goodness

sumatrix is highly Admirablesumatrix is highly Admirablesumatrix is highly Admirablesumatrix is highly Admirablesumatrix is highly Admirablesumatrix is highly Admirable

Or maybe a separate sling bag???
sumatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-11   #7
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

is it coming to india? will that pen work with other phones? samsung galasy s2 for instance? or other brands?
baba doga is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply