Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Android Phones
Register Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: What is the max you are you willing to pay for this phone?
Launch Price 0 0%
Wait for a while to drop to Rs. 13000 - Rs. 14,500 4 23.53%
Wait for it to match Optimus P500 Rs. 11,000 - Rs.13,000 7 41.18%
I am a cheapskate 7 41.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-11   #16
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
-

Rig Gallery
Re: Samsung Galaxy Ace: Bye Bye Optimus One?

Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
I'm not even sure what the hoopla is about.

How is an ARM11 Processor running at 800Mhz (granted there is that Adreno 200 GPU) FAST?.. It isn't.

Its a rip-off. ARM11 is about a million years old now.
Almost all Android phones in the low end segment are based on the Qualcomm SoC with the ancient ARM11, including the P500.
The Defy has Cortex A8 and is targetted at the mid tier.
If you know of any better alternative in this budget, pray do enlighten us

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11   #17
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

Originally Posted by dexterboygenius View Post
Hes talking bout the X Mini Pro 2 which will pretty turn the dull mid segment into a delight ..
Rumoured 800 Mhz + 512 MB RAM and a 3"-3.2" screen this time with all the Xperia Goodness.

The Xperia Play was launched with a rather disturbing advert at the SuperBowl .. it is available in Canada as of now.
No use, because :

- They are even more lazier than Samsung in releasing their updates. Not even leaks come out fast.

- Worst Development community after Motorola.
Old 08-02-11   #18
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

Originally Posted by WolVerInE View Post
the phone looks cool, no doubt.. but it will be better if its available for 13-13.5K.. 99.1% specs are same as optimus.... the major difference is the good cam and flash..

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

and Galaxy mini looks gay ! : |
there is a grey (not gay ) colored version too
Old 08-02-11   #19
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Muralim16 is Mysterious

I don't know whether price would come down to 13.5.. I think it would fall 500-1k rs in a month, coz the next level at the price and specs is priced at 17.5 or 18, and below it is optimus one at 11.7 .

somehow samsung found the right balance.. specs people found wanting in lg p500..
bigger screen ..just a lil..
samsung's audio/ear phone is better than lg..
better ear phones..
slightly better processor
Muralim16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11   #20
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

^ The screen is of lower res than the P500/lower pixel density so text won't be sharp.

The processor is the same. You can oc the P500 through SetFSB.

Typically a gadgetophile buying an Android phone won't use the stock ear phones.

Both phones use the same integrated chipset without any discrete dac so sound quality will be similar.

Someone bought the Defy for 17.5k.
So I am certain price would drop, considering they are selling 4 phones with similar specs.
Optimus One at 11.7 is still a good deal and I feel, its price would drop to ~11 too

Last edited by Free Radical; 08-02-11 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-02-11   #21
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

^^ But I stil think that the " ZTE Blade" or the " Orange San Fransisco" is the best buy !! there is in the current market scenario..

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11   #22
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

^ Nope. Disagree.
ViKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11   #23
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

The San Francisco appeals to me only because earlier B05 models came with a 3.5" 800x480 OLED screen with Gorilla Glass. Slim chance of getting an oled one now.

The rest of the specs are the same as these phones.
Considering you have to go through the tortuous route of ordering it from some shop in UK and having it shipped and have no warranty, I don't think its worth all the trouble.
Old 08-02-11   #24
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Master Jedi

SEB47 is highly ProminentSEB47 is highly ProminentSEB47 is highly Prominent

Originally Posted by dexterboygenius View Post
Hes talking bout the X Mini Pro 2 which will pretty turn the dull mid segment into a delight ..
Rumoured 800 Mhz + 512 MB RAM and a 3"-3.2" screen this time with all the Xperia Goodness.

The Xperia Play was launched with a rather disturbing advert at the SuperBowl .. it is available in Canada as of now.
Yea mini pro 2 and it comes with adreno 205 GPU + it satisfys my need of a physical qwerty keyboard so its my deal!! lets see how is the rom community for that fone

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Whats with the phones looking gay??

Xperia play specs - Sony Ericsson XPERIA Play - Full phone specifications

WTF!! 380mb RAM!???

HEllo!! 380 isnt the ram thats the internal memory that u use to install apps on earlier versions like 2.1 and all others which dont have support for aps2sd
SEB47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11   #25
Banned
Scamming contests/click fraud

Rig Gallery

sushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scale

LG Optimus 2X will revolutionize the mobile phone industry ( i think ) .World's first Dual core 1Ghz CPU with nVidia Tegra 2 on Board & with 1080P shooting+HDMI would be hard to beat if Samsung or Motorola do not have something to fight with.
sushrukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11   #26
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Psychologizing.

Godlike! is highly AdmirableGodlike! is highly AdmirableGodlike! is highly AdmirableGodlike! is highly AdmirableGodlike! is highly Admirable

Optimus 2X is limited by 512MB of RAM. Atrix 4G is teh win but moto community supports licks my bottom.

Godlike! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11   #27
Banned

Rig Gallery

sushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scalesushrukh is off the scale

Never could like any Moto phone.To me their design sucks. The Atrix is shipping with Android 2.2 Froyo rather than the latest 2.3 Gingerbread. It also will not be able to play or record video at the promised 1080p resolution when it launches.
Old 09-02-11   #28
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

sandys is highly Admirablesandys is highly Admirablesandys is highly Admirablesandys is highly Admirablesandys is highly Admirablesandys is highly Admirablesandys is highly Admirable

As engadget mentioned, there are very, very few apps that can strain a 1Ghz CPU - forget a dual core phone. I already have a Mytouch 3G and will only upgrade for a front camera (tis only a matter of time before skype video is supported) and ability to run custom ROMs.

Everything else is pointless since 99.999999% of the time, I dont even need to use the full capabilities of the processor.
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11   #29
Banned

Rig Gallery

1Ghz CPUs are Not only for Apps.A Dual core nVidia Tegra 2 will deliver super smooth Gaming experience if you are @ 3D Gaming on Smartphones.Also Recording & Playing back 1080P video on the device needs a high-end CPU/GPU.If you don't play latest generation 3D Games and/or don't want to have the facility of recording & viewing 1080P video then it is certainly not for you.
Old 09-02-11   #30
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned

The Moto Atrix is more of smartphone pretending to be a Nettop .. and thats really the way to go forward with this technology and reduce the gap between the computing platforms existing today.

This is really where powerful processing HW will come into play when its dealing with a full scale external display and data connectivity.

Lets stop bickering about the latest Gingerbread or Froyo .. the rate at which these OS upgrades keep popping up its hard for Manufacturers to keep up with them.

Moto Atrix stands at the top as of now .. lets wait for the MWC to shed light on what to expect in 2011.

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply