Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Blogs
Register Forgot Password?

Old 22-07-09   #1
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
bleh

A Sad Departure.

So guys,

After much deliberation, Ive decided to rejoin Engineering at SRM University Chennai and I will be doing Electrical and Electronics Engineering ( Currently doing SY BBI @ SIES Nerul ). This means Ill be living in a hostel, but the only consolation is that my cousin is going to be there with me cuz frankly ( no offense meant to anyone here from Chennai ), I hate the place, and the attitude of people there. Its weird, but being Tamilian by descent, I'm not like them.

Anyway, a little intro about my dad. Hes very hardworking, a self-made man who runs by his own principles and *knows* whats best for his kids. His major grouse after our move to the US in 2004, was that I play too many games and its an addiction and all and its what brought me down in Software Engg in Univ of Waterloo in Canada, and whats holding me back here in BBI. Because of my gaming, our relationship has been pretty much killed, and we don't talk much. Also, he was very persuasive of me joining Engineering from the start as it would help me toward my MBA etc.

So what did I decide to do. Since my cousin joined SRM University Chennai in EEE, and a person who grew up with my dad is a close friend to the Chairman of the college, I decided to join there, albeit under the NRI quota. Now, I realized that maybe all the times that my dad shouted at me for playing games was wasting away my life wasnt all nonsense and maybe there was a sliver of truth in there. So, in order to hit 2 birds with one stone, I have pledged to him in Manila ( indirectly thru my mom ) that I will work as hard as I can in my Engineering and that I would give up games completely ( yes, COMPLETELY ) and in order to not take my pc to Chennai, I would have him get me a Macbook Pro because Mac's don't support games ( Face it, they suck unless they're Mac Pros with proper desktop nVidia cards ) and I dont intend on installing any form of windows ever again.

So basically, this is like a departure from Mumbai, gaming, and windows. Forever. The departure from Mumbai will be hard because I wont be able to meet all the Eonions from here every once in a while and Ill miss that a lot ( My college friends circle here sucks. They use and throw people, so I just stay a little away ). The departure from gaming will be harder because its played quite a role in the past 7 years in my life.

And last but not the least, the departure from Windows. All I can say is.. meh. Dont care. Shitty OS, played all my games and foobar so its k. I'll do the same under Darwine ( minus the games )

Hopefully my dad is willing to see that I've seen the light and error of my ways and gets me that MBP and one of scorpy's friends is going to SRM this year ( Mech Engg tho ) I believe and I was told that the whole campus is Wifi'ed so this means I dont have to leave [E] which probably would be very very hard seeing as ive learned a lot of stuff here, helped a lot of people and also wasted a lot of time here

Just a little um.. rant you can say cuz I need to do some venting to showcase my determination.

Thanks for reading.
Desktop - Core i5 4670K - 4.2Ghz @ 1.16v | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 | Gigabyte Z87-D3HP | Sapphire R7 250X 1GB DDR5 | HD555 | Fiio E7 | Ikari Optical | TVS Gold | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB SSD + Seagate 7200.10 500GB | Seagate Expansion 2TB USB3 | BenQ GW2255HM

Mobile - iPhone 5S Gold 16GB - 7.0.3 Jailbroken; Nexus 7 - Stock 4.4.2; Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Headset.
Aumkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-09   #2
Konkey Dong
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great
Re: A Sad Departure.

Awww...sad man.... i actually dropped from a Engineering Course (Computer Science) after the first year....Didn't talk to dad for around 2 and a half months (trust me not a single word! Mom used to be our mediator..)

May u succeed in attaining your Ultimate goal .

We are all going to miss you.

Last edited by ViKiD; 22-07-09 at 02:06 AM.
ViKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-09   #3
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Scorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly Admirable

So you are actually going man .... when exactly ? My friend leaves next month ... sadness atleast you got net over there so its not all bad ..... cs wont die dude itll be there even after engg you can come back and play ... AND ofcourse dont forget vacations u can come home and play again :X
Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-09   #4
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

dude, it aint that bad... i gave up gaming during Quake and UT ( way back in 2000), and i got back after 6 years.. i gave up PCs also way back, but am back in line.. it dont matter leaving it for a while, but making your life is important, thats one thing i can share with you from my experience. and guess what, being in a college on NRI quota is cool, everyone thinks you are super rich and stuff.. so enjoy that bit also!!! lol!!!

Im sure you wont appreciate it now, but later on in life bro!
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-09   #5
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

wingzero is extremely Renowned
wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned

All the best for it....meesa at home now...done with my B.E.

Guides n Reviews :
wingzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-09   #6
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

stonedsurd is extremely Renowned
stonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renowned

SRM apparently isn't very good.
A friend of mine left in six months out of sheer frustration.

But hey, props for taking the step man, and best of luck getting what you want outta life
stonedsurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-09   #7
The [E]ippie.
Procastinat0r

Rig Gallery

akS ! is highly FamedakS ! is highly FamedakS ! is highly FamedakS ! is highly FamedakS ! is highly FamedakS ! is highly FamedakS ! is highly FamedakS ! is highly FamedakS ! is highly Famed

If you know you are not get anything out of it then I guess you are right in what you are doing. I will tell you more about it on IM, but good luck in studies and gaming is everywhere you go. You can reduce the frequency but you cannot stop it completely, was a hobby that turned into an addiction.

Turn it back into a hobby and enjoy your life
MSI Gaming 1080Ti || Seasonic SS-660XP2 80+ Platinum || Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB (2 x 8GB) || Corsair H100i || Corsair 250D || Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Gaming || Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.5GHz || Crucial MX100 512GB SSD || WD Black 1TB || ASUS VG248Q 144Hz || Acer Predator XB1(XB271HU) || Corsair Vengeance K70 - Brown Switches
akS ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-09   #8
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

I think that the step you are taking is in the right direction, I dont have anything against games but as Obama also said like your dad.
keep the kids away from the xbox and other games in general.
Believe me, when I say that Dads are almost always right. just when they tell you to stop meeting girls is an exception.
So cheer up !

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-09   #9
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

atb man. and that sure is a good way to wriggle out an MBP outta baapu da atm

but why only a chennai college? NRI quota could get you a better one, no?
baba doga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-09   #10
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Believe me, when I say that Dads are almost always right. just when they tell you to stop meeting girls is an exception.
So cheer up !
I see. would you adhere to this line of thought as a father yourself? I rarely see people doing that. even if they do, it' different for the son and the daughter.
Old 22-07-09   #11
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

Darthcoder is highly AdmirableDarthcoder is highly AdmirableDarthcoder is highly AdmirableDarthcoder is highly AdmirableDarthcoder is highly AdmirableDarthcoder is highly Admirable

All the best man. I know how tough it is to quit gaming (But hey you are quitting CSS and not TF2 lol).
Ave had to quit TF2 for the sake of my future and there comes a point when you have to realize that sitting in front of a damn PC killing virtual beings is getting you nowhere. And taking the MB/MBP is the best decision for that. I am taking a decision on similar lines, I am taking a lappy with an underpowered or onboard graphics card instead as I will need to use a lot of windoze apps and dont want to buy a Mac for that.

All the best for your future .
Darthcoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-09   #12
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

@ rpm :: LOLz, I had a slight hunch that you will pick this. SO congratulations on making my hunch true.
I will be adhering to the line of thought absolutely, unless the studies are getting lower grades or something. I am a hard disciplinarian but also a friend to my little ones.
And as for the daughters, I think I am sad to state that I dont have a daughter ( GOD I really wanted one ) but alas.
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-09   #13
teh zeuS!
62.2km/h

Chavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly Famed

Dad gave you the Grow Up n Quit games talk eh? All the best for Engineering, and don't worry, it wont be as bad as you think it will be.
Corsair F80 SSD
Sapphire HD5850
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Corsair Hx620
CoolerMaster CM690 II Adv
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard
Logitech Mx518/Razor Mantis Speed

Dell E228wfp
AltecLancing-MX5021/Sennheiser HD555[/CENTER]
Chavez Ding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-09   #14
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

Originally Posted by Chavez Ding View Post
Dad gave you the Grow Up n Quit games talk eh? All the best for Engineering, and don't worry, it wont be as bad as you think it will be.
no. worse. he stopped giving the talks altogether.
Old 22-07-09   #15
teh priesT!
[E]onian

ReekingArchvile is highly AdmirableReekingArchvile is highly AdmirableReekingArchvile is highly AdmirableReekingArchvile is highly AdmirableReekingArchvile is highly AdmirableReekingArchvile is highly Admirable

Get a Girlfriend, Mindgames will keep you on toes, you wont miss gaming
ReekingArchvile is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply