Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Android Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 23-12-10   #1
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Psychologizing.

[Rooting] LG Optimus One P500

First things first, I'm not responsible if you end up with a bricked phone or any other mess. (Even I used to get scared by these msgs, its all about deciding whether you want it or not)

Note: z4root cannot root your device if you have upgraded your Firmware to the V10E update.

Rooting/Jailbreaking your device gives you access to the core files of your Android OS so that you can mess around with your phone better. Many apps require your phone be rooted, hence this article to help you achieve that.

Rooting your LG Optimus One P500 is a walk in the park.

Follow these steps and you're good to go :
  1. Download z4root.1.3.0.apk
  2. Connect your phone to your PC via USB, turn on USB Storage and paste this file in the Downloads folder on the Removable Drive of your phone (for uber n00bs, advanced users may feel free to shove it anywhere)
  3. Now after the file has been copied, Turn off USB Storage from your phone, wait for SD card to be ready and then unplug the USB Cable from the phone.
  4. Press the central launcher button and scroll to OI File Manager (or any other file manager you have) and open the downloads folder.
  5. Touch the z4root.1.3.0.apk file and install it.
  6. The screen will stop and will go white for sometime (around 30 seconds) and then reboot
  7. Once rebooted, touch the central app launcher button and scroll down to the downloaded apps and click on z4root icon.
  8. If it shows the option to Re-root or Un-root, congratulations! You can have a cookie from my side. Don't forget to comment .
  9. If it doesn't, try googling and getting a fix (Post comments here and I'll update you with it ASAP)

Hope you found this article helpful in rooting your Optimus One P500

Happy tweaking

Source: The LG Optimus One P500 Blog: Rooting LG Optimus One P500

Godlike! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-10   #2
Back to [E]
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
HHHHHHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Rig Gallery

syedthedevil is extremely Renowned
syedthedevil is extremely Renownedsyedthedevil is extremely Renowned
Re: [Rooting] LG Optimus One P500

good bro, it will surely help p500 user

if we root the phone will it avoid the company warranty
im really not lying , i have hacked his wifi
Originally Posted by megan View Post
i just want to see if i can use his net in emergencies . i already have internet in my house
http://i53.tinypic.com/289bt5e.jpg

Last edited by syedthedevil; 23-12-10 at 06:44 PM.
syedthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-10   #3
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

^^ You can always unroot

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-10   #4
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Psychologizing.

Godlike! is highly AdmirableGodlike! is highly AdmirableGodlike! is highly AdmirableGodlike! is highly AdmirableGodlike! is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
^^ You can always unroot
+1

You can always Un-root your phone as mentioned in the article itself
Old 24-12-10   #5
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Siddhesh222 is Mysterious

Tried this method, super easy, won't even take 5 mins, worked at first try Thanks!
Siddhesh222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-10   #6
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Blogging & Internt Marketi

roadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirable

what are the benefits wanana see performance gains ?
Old 27-12-10   #7
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Psychologizing.

Godlike! is highly AdmirableGodlike! is highly AdmirableGodlike! is highly AdmirableGodlike! is highly AdmirableGodlike! is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by roadrippersid View Post
what are the benefits wanana see performance gains ?
Benefits would be using apps which are unsigned + apps that require your phone to be rooted. If you want to use the phone fully then you need to have great apps on it. Read the article first coz its written in the very first lines about what the benefits are..
Old 28-12-10   #8
Back to [E]
HHHHHHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Rig Gallery

syedthedevil is extremely Renowned
syedthedevil is extremely Renownedsyedthedevil is extremely Renowned

i installed it bro but it has only two option temporarily root and permanently root ,and i selected temporarily root and after that it has no option for un-rooting
syedthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-10   #9
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Of what was everything..

WolVerInE is simply GreatWolVerInE is simply GreatWolVerInE is simply GreatWolVerInE is simply GreatWolVerInE is simply GreatWolVerInE is simply GreatWolVerInE is simply GreatWolVerInE is simply GreatWolVerInE is simply GreatWolVerInE is simply Great

Why are there so many threads for P500?
Why can't you guys post in one : |
Audio - Altec Lansing V2621, Creative EP 630, Ultrasone HFI 780 .
Display - Dell S2409W :nicemonitor:
Gaming Stuff
- Razer Lycosa , Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Destructor, Roccat Kone
Android - Google Nexus S [Super AMOLED]
Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
Yes, but the ZTE Blade is cheaper than the Nexus S with "same customizability and tweakability".
- FAIL !

Last edited by WolVerInE; 29-12-10 at 03:34 PM.
WolVerInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-10   #10
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Psychologizing.

Originally Posted by WolVerInE View Post
Why are there so many 2-3 threads for P500?
Why can't you guys post in one : |

This thread was made before the LG Optimus One P500 thread. I had already PM'd vijay asking him to merge this thread as the second post of the LG Optimus One P500 thread.

And anyways whats the big deal? Jealous?
Old 29-12-10   #11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Of what was everything..

WolVerInE is simply GreatWolVerInE is simply GreatWolVerInE is simply GreatWolVerInE is simply GreatWolVerInE is simply GreatWolVerInE is simply GreatWolVerInE is simply GreatWolVerInE is simply GreatWolVerInE is simply GreatWolVerInE is simply Great

.. no way jealous ..
but it looks messy though..
One topic is here, the other is there and so on.. I have to search and jump in different threads
Old 29-12-10   #12
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Psychologizing.

I know man I guess the agent is busy these days picking out scamsters and all. I'll ask him when he is free to do it again

OT: Why no show at BYOC?
Old 29-12-10   #13
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

Agent sprained his hands. Will be back soon
Old 29-12-10   #14
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Of what was everything..

ouchh !
P.S. - Sorry for OT.
Old 27-04-11   #15
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

nixienefarious is Mysterious

Newb alert:

For some reason I have decided to root my phone. I can get to the directory, but there are some files I don't have access to.

For example, my phone came with Twitter which I don't use -- can I delete this once my phone is rooted? I also want to be able to transfer all apps to my memory card. At the moment, only a few downloaded apps can be transferred.

If I root my phone, will I lose everything on it that I have and have downloaded?

I am currently trying to root it "temporarily" but it's not working -- the Z4 blue screen has a loading image and at the bottom it says "Running exploit in order to obtain root access" but it's been going for 15 minutes and nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks for your understanding
nixienefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply