Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

Old 29-08-12   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Pwnd Revolt of the Rich Our Financial Elites Are the New Secessionists .

Very interesting read and imho especially true in case of India. Get rich or die..lol.

few excerpts.
http://www.theamericanconservative.c...t-of-the-rich/

The rich elites of this country have far more in common with their counterparts in London, Paris, and Tokyo than with their fellow American citizens.”

What I mean by secession is a withdrawal into enclaves, an internal immigration, whereby the rich disconnect themselves from the civic life of the nation and from any concern about its well being except as a place to extract loot.

Our plutocracy now lives like the British in colonial India: in the place and ruling it, but not of it. If one can afford private security, public safety is of no concern; if one owns a Gulfstream jet, crumbling bridges cause less apprehension—and viable public transportation doesn’t even show up on the radar screen. With private doctors on call and a chartered plane to get to the Mayo Clinic, why worry about Medicare?

The objective of the predatory super-rich and their political handmaidens is to discredit and destroy the traditional nation state and auction its resources to themselves. Those super-rich, in turn, aim to create a “tollbooth” economy, whereby more and more of our highways, bridges, libraries, parks, and beaches are possessed by private oligarchs who will extract a toll from the rest of us. Was this the vision of the Founders? Was this why they believed governments were instituted among men—that the very sinews of the state should be possessed by the wealthy in the same manner that kingdoms of the Old World were the personal property of the monarch?

Lasch wrote that in 1995. Now, almost two decades later, the super-rich have achieved escape velocity from the gravitational pull of the very society they rule over. They have seceded from America.

Last edited by dovemaster; 29-08-12 at 07:03 PM.
dovemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-12   #2
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Re: Revolt of the Rich Our Financial Elites Are the New Secessionists .

Originally Posted by dovemaster View Post
With private doctors on call and a chartered plane to get to the Mayo Clinic, why worry about Medicare?
e is shorting the Social Security system that others of his billionaire colleagues like Pete Peterson say is unsustainable and needs to be cut.
While parts of the anti-rich rant are justified, the author shows a profound ignorance of state of the American economy and unsustainability of US govt programs such as Social security, Medicare and Medicaid. Even if you took all the money from all the rich in the US you still wont be able to balance the budget for a single year.
Old 29-08-12   #3
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

dovemaster is Mysterious
Re: Revolt of the Rich Our Financial Elites Are the New Secessionists .

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
While parts of the anti-rich rant are justified, the author shows a profound ignorance of state of the American economy and unsustainability of US govt programs such as Social security, Medicare and Medicaid. Even if you took all the money from all the rich in the US you still wont be able to balance the budget for a single year.
I posted this piece as a random news post I came across as it reminded of the rampant crony capitalism in our country. Seemed interesting so shared.