Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > Announcements and Policies
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-03-19
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
Rig Gallery
adminabuse Revamping/migrating [E]

Hi folks,

I am not sure how many of you know of me, or have been here for the last many years.

I had created [E] along side a bunch of friends 12 years ago (yes, its been that many years) and as life become more complicated, my involvement with hardware in general and [E] in particular started to fall by the wayside.

I have been paying for the servers and keep it "operational" all these years, but things are really starting to burst at the seams (particularly as some of the prolific admins/mods like vijayninel, mav2k, marun, etc. got busy as well).

I have never had the heart to pull the plug on [E] (although it cost me close to Rs 40,000 per year to keep it running). I had to spend close to half a day to fix a bug which caused a lot of the images, etc. to disappear. I simply don't have that sort of time anymore - and if I did, I would rather spend it with my family than fix bugs which should not be there in the first place.

I have decided to move things a bit. VBulletin, and the version we are deployed on, is archaic and very brittle (I know a bit about it, having maintained a VB site for 12 years)

I am formulating a plan of migration. I would like to replace Erodov.com | India's top technology news and reviews site for mobiles, laptops, cameras, software, and downloads, with forums.' software with something modern. Something which does not start breaking the moment I look away. And i would like to give the keys to the house to some of the most active community members - if they want it, i.e.

I have my eyes set on Discourse. I have used it a few times in the last few years, and it has proven quite useful. As long as we are able to transplant our community successfully, we should do just fine - our culture and what defines us as [E] will carry on.

Let me know what you guys think of this plan.

Love,
Karan aka kidoman

Old 09-04-19
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Watch Dogs

metalsnake is very Honorablemetalsnake is very Honorable
Re: Revamping/migrating [E]

Happy to here from you Karan sir after such a long time.

Sadly most of us old members have been in the same position as you, occupied by various other aspects of ours lives. I myself come online mostly to lurk around the trading section. E will always have a special place in our hearts and i believe everyone here feels the same way. I would love to contribute in someway possible to keep it alive. I don't have a robust technical or programming knowledge but if there is any other way that i can help,please let me know.

Regards,
Ajay
Old 18-04-19
teh priesT!
[E]onian
GTA 4 PC

satyanjoy is highly Prominentsatyanjoy is highly Prominentsatyanjoy is highly Prominent
Rig Gallery

I am back to forum after a long, always had high regards for E community. Life is complicated, what kind of help do you want ? Can we make it lite weight in terms of resources (server cost and maintenance)
Intel i5 3470 | B75M-D3H | 2*4 GB Kingston HyperX Blue | GTX 660 | Samsung 840 120GB | Seasonic S12II 620 | Corsair 400R | WDC 640 aaks | Seagate 1TB | Corsair Vengeance K70 Brown | Logitech G27 | Logitech G302 | Logitech Attack 3 | BenQ G2420HD | JBL Creature III | APC RS1100 | Win10 Pro | Xbox360 Controller | WinXpSP3 | PS2 NTSC 77001 | Steam ID: satyanjoy | Origin: SatyaDG
Old 18-04-19
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Bodmas is Mysterious

First of all, Kiddos to your work Kidoman for keeping E alive
Please let us know, How we can contribute to E community to keep it alive & happening. Just a query, any idea on which platform DELL communities are based on?

Home: E4300@1.8Ghz w/stock HSF| Abit IP35-E | 2*1GB Hynix RAM | BenQ G2412| Microsoft intelli | Razor mantis CoNtRoL | HP Officejet 4355 All in one | LOGITECH multimedia keyboard |Proview 600VA UPS | Philips AW 636 home theatre system (Ancient 1991) | LG DvD-RW | Iball cabby | BSNL/DreamTel broadband
Gadgets: ASUS X53T |Philips DVD DVP3268 | Sony Projection TV FR53 | Fiio E5 Amplifier
Cellphone:Motorola Droid RAZR, Samsung C3322

Old 18-04-19
teh nuB!

guptaji is Mysterious

Karan,
I've been a member for very many years and it was heartwarming to read your message. Kudos to your and the team's efforts for keeping E alive all these years.

I would love to contribute in E's journey going ahead. I'm not a techie but will contribute monetarily.

Going on a tangent perhaps, but I also think E can be much more than just a discussion forum; there is a wealth of tech knowledge here and i think E should be reaching a wider audience: for example in-depth tech reviews (articles/youtube), tech how-to guides, what to buy guides etc.
keep up the good work.
cheers
Old 24-04-19
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Pro Dota 2 League

Kaneunderground is Notable
Rig Gallery

Hi Karan ,

Do let us know how can we help , I have been member of this community and erodov for really long time and I am into media sales I can help in getting sponsor or something help with backhand work or be a general mod or any small monetary help . I really love Erodov and wish it to grow stronger, yes I believe we have been all in the same boat now , getting busy with life and family but still happy to help as I also maintain and build a cricketing site I can take out my time for erodov too.

Do let me know requirements lets keep ERODOV just beyond keeping it alive !

Cheers,
Suhas
Aka kaneunderground
Old 05-05-19
teh nuB!
[E]onian

ithehappy is very Notable

I am not clear about this, but is this the reason why the site is loading like shite for last couple of months? I have to wait like 10 seconds for a page to load, and 2x the time for an image to load. Yet funnily enough the site loads much faster with a VPN! Its sort of bonkers really!
Old 06-05-19
teh nuB!
[E]onian

Vibhanshu is Notable

Happy to see that you guys still care about this website. I am a member from past 7-8 years and it has been an amazing experience of dealing with people here. I would love to see this platform continue growing.
Old 07-05-19
Lord Voldemort
Community Moderator
THE TERROR!!!

Marun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly Famed
Rig Gallery

Wow!

Someone is still alive. Whose life hasn't become complicated bro? My trouble and strife (wife) is kicking my ass all the time. That doesn't mean I am not lurking around. I visit daily.

I know agent is not active as he used to be. But many new pals are. Time to give it to fresh blood. We oldies with tummy will hold a glass of beer and sit on a couch? I am active into AV equipment now and I can always contribute on that side.

Cost has never been a matter. Now the time is. we will figure out how to handle fixing bugs. shall we?
Let the keys be with ya pal. i'll look after.

You have set the course now. Go ahead and sail. we will back you up.

Cheers,
Marun
pacificb0y and ofabhishek like this.
Old 07-05-19
Section Moderator
Community Moderator
Sellers beware of the invasion

invader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Great

we need to revamp the site , i had a talk with John about this but got busy with work and couldn't work on it.
Old 07-05-19
teh nuB!
[E]onian

Vibhanshu is Notable

I would love to be a part of the moderator team and also help in redesigning. I am a second level seller on Fiverr in webdesign so shouldn't be a big issue.
Old 05-06-19
teh nuB!
Offending sensibilities

soulweaver is Mysterious

Hello! Is there something I could do? Pitch in funds or take care of hosting? What are the requirements? I have been on E pretty much for 8 years but only created a login recently. You can check my profile on TE (same name) where I have been active since 2007.
Old 21-06-19
sasireka

aaa

Last edited by vijayninel; 22-06-19 at 12:11 AM.
Old 30-06-19
teh nuB!
groin goin gone

erutnevda is Mysterious

Discourse +1. I can also contribute in DevOps, server upkeep and a lot of here and there. Capable software and design guy at ur service
Old 3 Weeks Ago
teh nuB!
Okay Buddy!

Rezep is very Notable

I made my account just about a week back but have been lurking for close to 3 months. Never knew sites for second hand components other than olx ever existed until i discovered this. Got a bit scared that you were planning to close [E] lol. Thank you karan for making such a forum. Hope this site can go back to it's good old days