Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Gaming Zone > x Gaming
Register Forgot Password?

Old 14-07-08   #1
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Respawn Gaming Cafe

I m starting this thread in relation to the LAN TF2 tournament which was organized on 13th July in Delhi. The cafe deserves a special mention, because it is a decent attempt at bringing out more games to the front, and no CS 1.6 only thing.

The setup is good, the owners and the people who organized are simply great and the TF2 action was awesome. I would really recommend this cafe for people who wish to try out TF2, on LAN and in delhi.. the more players, the better it is because the game simply pawnsss!

moreover, the charges are nominal, somehting around 20 an hour..

The sexiest thing : We won the tournament there , got 500 bucks game play, per person or for the team or something..
tech3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-08   #2
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Alls well that ends in hell

montylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirable
Re: Respawn Gaming Cafe

that's a gr8 initiative. To top it all, you don't need to carry ur PC there to play

montylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-08   #3
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

FracturePande is very Notable

hmmm i saw the pics , hideous setup for mousepad arrangement altho pc configs are decent
Can any1 comment on this since most ppl have overlarge pads (fnatic , titan , heavy etc)???
FracturePande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-08   #4
iEvangelist
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Great Initiative, but the cafe looks hideous to say the least. Maybe the worst cafe I have seen setup wise. Yes, even worse than Reliance Web Worlds.

I mean, was it even designed with Gamers in mind??..

Just look at the Pics here > Respawn Gaming Cafe |

This is a cafe where pro's will never place, sorry to say.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-08   #5
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
Diabolical like Biz Markie

Cyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply Great

Xtremegaming is doing a much better job. Small time LAN events like these are fine but that's about it. Respawn's BYOC was a flop show with a turnout of less than 20 people. People don't go to such LAN parties coz of the people behind the event.

Cyn1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-08   #6
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished

In Delhi actually the concept of gaming cafe's havent picked up largely, and even if they do they run mostly cs1.6, this particular one though have much larger base of games that can be played. Yes the mouses used were of pretty bad quality, there was not much space for larger mousepads, but the good thing is we can use our own accessories and thats what we did. They are in for some renovation as told to me, which might improve the synthetics......
Maximus V Gene (MSI Z77-GD65, Gigabyte P67A-UD7, EVGA Classified E760,MSI Eclipse,DFI DK P45 Plus, Foxconn Mars, Asus P5Ne-SLI, Asus P5B Deluxe/Wifi AP), Intel 3770k Benched @ 6.7Ghz, Intel 2600K Benched @ 5.7 Ghz, AMD 8150 Benched @ 7.45 Ghz, Intel 980X Benched @ 6.07Ghz, AMD 970BE Benched @ 6.63Ghz, (Intel i5 680 Benched @ 6.44Ghz, Intel i7 950 Benched @ 5150Mhz, Intel E8600 Benched @ 5.71Ghz, Intel QX9650 Benched @5.41Ghz, Intel Core2 Duo E8400@4.6Ghz, e4300 @ 3.52 Ghz), Thermalright Venomous X, GSkill 6400 2 x 1 GB @ 1260Mhz , HIS 7970 (MSI GTX 580, MSI GTX 480, EVGA GTX295, Asus 4870 x2, EVGA 9800GX2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT, Nvidia 7900GTX, XFX 8600GT), DELL E248WFP Monitor, CoolerMaster Benchtable, Antec HCP 1200W, Altec Lansing 641 400 RMS Watts with Auzentech X-Plosion

SVGTECH HOC40 and HOC20 Review

Corsair Vengeance K90, M90 and M60 Review

Gigabyte P67 UD7 + Intel i7 2600k Preview

Strontium Ultra Speed 128GB SSD Review

Gigabyte GX-X58A-UD9 Review
thebanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-08   #7
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

where can i see the cafe pics??
Old 14-07-08   #8
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished

btw the first and the last pic in the list is tMg........

@vikid, follow the link posted by adi....
Old 14-07-08   #9
teh nuB!
[E]onian

tech3 is Notable

Originally Posted by Cyn1c View Post
Xtremegaming is doing a much better job. Small time LAN events like these are fine but that's about it. Respawn's BYOC was a flop show with a turnout of less than 20 people. People don't go to such LAN parties coz of the people behind the event.
At the very least, know what you are talking about before posting a comment. The respawn team which organized the BYOC is a completely different entity and the cafe about which we are talking about is different. The BYOC was done by therespawn team while this is the respawn cafe.. So know your facts..

@Ad1tya : Man, there is NO other cafe in Delhi which has Crysis, TF2, COD4 being played at the same time.. Mostly, it is Cs 1.6 and that is what i hate about it. It is true that Zapak owns them in terms of environment, but still, what we have is Cs 1.6 all the way which gets boooorinngggg... Thus, i find it as a decent attempt at breaking from the CS only niche of other cafes..

I agree that the setup is plain average, but the experience was decent and the management was better than the Zapak people for sure.. I posted this thread because i liked the TF2 experience and the nature of the organizers there.. And that definitely deserves a special mention.
Old 14-07-08   #10
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Im only talking about the Setup.
Not the games, pcs, etc nothing.

I dont know what are the configurations of the PC, etc, but all I have seen is pictures of the PC setup, and its not plain average, its downright pathetic. Just the setup, thats it.

Otherwise, Its great that the cafe is going doing TF2 Tournaments, and propagating more games, but youd do a much better job with an inviting setup.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-08   #11
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
Im only talking about the Setup.
Not the games, pcs, etc nothing.

I dont know what are the configurations of the PC, etc, but all I have seen is pictures of the PC setup, and its not plain average, its downright pathetic. Just the setup, thats it.

Otherwise, Its great that the cafe is going doing TF2 Tournaments, and propagating more games, but youd do a much better job with an inviting setup.
even i didnt go around looking at the config of the pcs but the graphic card was 8400GS. I agree to what you are saying, but its more like, you are maybe spoilt with choices,, and we live in a place where there is not much choice, so anything that comes along are way is more than welcome.
Old 14-07-08   #12
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
Diabolical like Biz Markie

Cyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply Great

Originally Posted by tech3 View Post
At the very least, know what you are talking about before posting a comment. The respawn team which organized the BYOC is a completely different entity and the cafe about which we are talking about is different. The BYOC was done by therespawn team while this is the respawn cafe.. So know your facts..
At the very least, dig out some facts first before you even start a thread. Both the cafe and the original owners of the name "The Respawn" are equally shitty. So technically, there's little or no difference between both. Sulabh Puri aka the owner of therespawn had a person go and threaten the Ramesh Nagar cafe wala to change his cafe's name. That idiotic moron could've simply collaborated with the cafe and done something collectively to improve a brand already on the verge of extinction. His money minded antics have kept the gamers at bay. Hence, less than 20 ppl at a booked hall with a capacity of 100?

This cafe alone is not good enuf to do anything on its own. It will shut down just like its counterparts or become a downloader's paradise. His contacts and the novice infrastructure of the cafe would've been the ultimate breeding ground for gamers in west delhi. The cafe owner is a complete numbskull too as he just jumped onto the bandwagon without even counting any sponsors. I've been there and I've seen the kind of people who frequent the cafe. All casual gamers who find the term Respawn quite fancy..no serious gamer.

If you've ever organized an event in your life, you'd know how the money flows but your juvenile talk negates the entire purpose that I've put behind my points. I gave you the bigger picture and you wanna stay hooked to an idiotic difference in the name! So i'll rest my case right here.

Xtremegaming on the other hand started out wisely and he's reaping all the benefits he possibly could. ATI and CoolerMaster for sponsors isn't bad at all for a Local lan party..name it what you like..it sells!
Cyn1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-08   #13
teh nuB!
[E]onian

tech3 is Notable

Originally Posted by Cyn1c View Post
At the very least, dig out some facts first before you even start a thread. Both the cafe and the original owners of the name "The Respawn" are equally shitty. So technically, there's little or no difference between both. Sulabh Puri aka the owner of therespawn had a person go and threaten the Ramesh Nagar cafe wala to change his cafe's name. That idiotic moron could've simply collaborated with the cafe and done something collectively to improve a brand already on the verge of extinction. His money minded antics have kept the gamers at bay. Hence, less than 20 ppl at a booked hall with a capacity of 100?

This cafe alone is not good enuf to do anything on its own. It will shut down just like its counterparts or become a downloader's paradise. His contacts and the novice infrastructure of the cafe would've been the ultimate breeding ground for gamers in west delhi. The cafe owner is a complete numbskull too as he just jumped onto the bandwagon without even counting any sponsors. I've been there and I've seen the kind of people who frequent the cafe. All casual gamers who find the term Respawn quite fancy..no serious gamer.

If you've ever organized an event in your life, you'd know how the money flows but your juvenile talk negates the entire purpose that I've put behind my points. I gave you the bigger picture and you wanna stay hooked to an idiotic difference in the name! So i'll rest my case right here.

Xtremegaming on the other hand started out wisely and he's reaping all the benefits he possibly could. ATI and CoolerMaster for sponsors isn't bad at all for a Local lan party..name it what you like..it sells!
I agree with what you said man, it could have been much more had they collaborated or something.. I knw the respawn story but you kinda mixed up the two in your first post, it seemed like it.

And about the casual gamers, at least they are willing to try out new games and explore the world and as for the serious gamers, i just hope they get the TF2 fever in other cafes too. Although hardly any other cafes .. Zapak malviya has only 2 pcs with Tf2, and that too give pathetic FPS
Old 14-07-08   #14
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
A new Start, I hope

Rig Gallery

ShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly FamedShaTTeR is highly Famed

oh God ! Personal Preference Guys ! Leave it up to them about how they think of the place. Personally I think The Place was Cramped up. and yea I had a problem with placing my pad ther But Got it Under the CRT and everything was good.

Pros-
- Managed and Organized
- People Were Not Abusing Each Other (Too Much )
- It was Fun !
- Has a Good Config if compared to other gaming Cafes in delhi
- Good Registry

Cons-
- Less Space for Movement of Mouse
- Cramped up

Gaming Devices :Razer Deathadder // Razer Goliathus // Razer Lycosa // Steel series Siberia //
Logitech Dual action Pad // Sennheiser HD448
Portable : iPhone 2G // SM MP21 // Motorola Milestone // iPhone 3GS // Denon ACH-C710 // Cannon 1000D

Reviews
:
Team Xtreem 4GB Kit Review // Razer Deathadder Review // Sound Magics MP21 Review // Rise of the fallen

ShaTTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-08   #15
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

hmm..the place is gud...the mouse pad and all can be managed..
ViKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply