Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Eat, game, Sleep... Repeat!

Wtf Resellers Using the Forum, is It Correct?

Hey guys,

I have been searching for a personal computer system and noticed something really fishy. A buyer who was non-existent before is suddenly scooping up all the systems that are decently priced. The user's id is @dhoomkatu and he is on a system buying spree. I speculate this id to be a reseller who is buying systems from users and selling it ahead for profits. Not that the world does not do this but then robbing forum users the chance to have a fair deal seems inappropriate according to me.

What do you guys have to say about this? Most importantly I would like to buyer to respond to his needs for so many random systems? I have been losing several deals to this buyer and something seems fishy according to me. It is not just this forum that the user exists but also other forums where the same scenario persists. Am I salty because I lost the deals? Yes, I am. I wouldn't mind if some forum user got the deals for his personal usage. But, scooping so many systems raises several questions. Is it correct for some reseller to buy user systems for commercial gains? Using enthusiast forums as reseller market does not look like a fair practice in my opinion.

I would love to be proved wrong. But if I am right, this user will continue his/her practices and rob other users a chance of a fair deal. Request mods to intervene and find the real answers to the reason why this buyer is buying systems from this and other forums at the rate he/she is dealing in them?

- Pratik
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
teh priesT!
[E]onian
power cut sux

chetansha is very Notable
Re: Resellers Using the Forum, is It Correct?

Yes he is dealer. He had told me that in message.
As long as seller is getting his rate, I.don't see an issue here.

Old 1 Week Ago   #3
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

pratzgh1 is Notable

I was not aware that dealers are encouraged to dominate the classified section for their commercial gains! Is this what this forum has come to? I have no issues with sellers as they are fine at their place. But a dealer scooping up all the systems sold on this and other forums seems unfair to me as it is no longer a level playing field. No individual buyer will ever be able to buy against a dealer who deals for additional commercial gains. If you feel it is right, then you are encouraging more dealers to hop on and play the monkey who cheats while cats get nothing that was rightfully theirs.
pratzgh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Looking to Sell My Rig

devvfata1ity is very Notable

yes he is a used components dealer...though he didnot specifically told me so, but when he bought my ram he gave me his store address to ship to. I agreed resellers operating will put other buyers at a disadvantage, but in my case i was able to quickly close the deal after a bit of negotation whereas with other non resller buyers, they were haggling for 50-100 bucks and some used to lowball outright without any basis.

Like the member above said it, if he is not cheating or taking other members for a ride , then whats the harm
2018 RIG: Core i5 8400 (3.9 ghz) | Asrock Z370 Pro4 | Adata XPG Z1G DDR4 3000 16GB | GTX 1080 Mini ( 2152 core, 11600 mem) | TX 850V2 | Force GT 120GB | 850 EVO 250 GB | WD Green 500 GB | Seagate Barracuda 500 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Spire Thermax Eclipse II P/P | NZXT Tempest EVO |

Consoles: Xbox ONE | Xbox 360 | PS4 | PSP 3000

Smartphones: iPhone X 64GB | Galaxy Note8 64 GB| Pixel 2 64GB

Tablets: BB Playbook | Nexus 7 2013 | Ipad 2017

devvfata1ity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

pratzgh1 is Notable

Every seller would be happy to receive to the maximum for his product being sold. And, that is not the real concern. The real concern is encouraging dealers in a user based forum. Which makes no sense as they are benefiting from their commercial gains robbing users a fair chance. I hope this scenario improves. But, for what it has turned out to be, this forum is no longer vigilant of fraudulent practices. And, that is the saddest truth of this time and space.
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

rk17 is Mysterious

I think this guy is nice. He didn't even bargain a bit in a deal. Any user can create a WTB thread and get the items they want. Will give more options, flexibility, no competition.

rk17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Ashes, The Rain and I.

Submerged is very HonorableSubmerged is very Honorable

Originally Posted by pratzgh1 View Post
Every seller would be happy to receive to the maximum for his product being sold. And, that is not the real concern. The real concern is encouraging dealers in a user based forum. Which makes no sense as they are benefiting from their commercial gains robbing users a fair chance. I hope this scenario improves. But, for what it has turned out to be, this forum is no longer vigilant of fraudulent practices. And, that is the saddest truth of this time and space.
Why is that not a concern if you're the seller? Like the guy above me said, if someone's ready to pay your asking price (or thereabouts) and close the deal quickly, then why wouldn't you go with that person irrespective of whether he's a dealer or not?

Also, how is he cheating? By quickly paying what the seller's asking or thereabouts? Annoying for other buyers? Sure. Cheating? No, not really. I am afraid you are looking at this purely from a salty (your words) buyer's perspective.

You say you lost multiple deals to this guy. If that's true, then surely its because you came up short (offer/response time) and not because these forums are no longer vigilant to fraudulent practices? And since when is responding faster and making better offers considered fraudulent?

Other than rubbing you the wrong way, I don't think he is doing much wrong. And as long as he's following forum rules and not reselling what he's bought for a profit here, I don't see why the mods would intervene.
newbie9052 likes this.
Submerged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #8
teh priesT!
[E]onian
power cut sux

Originally Posted by Submerged View Post
Why is that not a concern if you're the seller? Like the guy above me said, if someone's ready to pay your asking price (or thereabouts) and close the deal quickly, then why wouldn't you go with that person irrespective of whether he's a dealer or not?

Also, how is he cheating? By quickly paying what the seller's asking or thereabouts? Annoying for other buyers? Sure. Cheating? No, not really. I am afraid you are looking at this purely from a salty (your words) buyer's perspective.

You say you lost multiple deals to this guy. If that's true, then surely its because you came up short (offer/response time) and not because these forums are no longer vigilant to fraudulent practices? And since when is responding faster and making better offers considered fraudulent?

Other than rubbing you the wrong way, I don't think he is doing much wrong. And as long as he's following forum rules and not reselling what he's bought for a profit here, I don't see why the mods would intervene.
Oh he is re-selling what he buys here for a profit.

chetansha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #9
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Ashes, The Rain and I.

Originally Posted by chetansha View Post
Oh he is re-selling what he buys here for a profit.

Do you mean he's reselling here or on other platforms like Quikr/Olx? If he's reselling it right here for a profit, then he shouldn't be allowed to. But if its elsewhere, I don't think there's anything we can do about that.

Last edited by Submerged; 1 Week Ago at 11:01 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago   #10
teh priesT!
[E]onian
power cut sux

Not reselling here.

chetansha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #11
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

pratzgh1 is Notable

Since no one can do anything, dealer nirvana prevails. Sellers enjoy and buyers disappoint yourself against profit making dealers! Allowing commercial gainers is defeating the whole ideology of a user based forum. Think about it.
Old 1 Week Ago   #12
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

rk17 is Mysterious

Since no one can do anything, dealer nirvana prevails. Sellers enjoy and buyers disappoint yourself against profit making dealers! Allowing commercial gainers is defeating the whole ideology of a user based forum. Think about it.
Assuming if user A sells i7 7700k for 13k and another user B sells same for 17k which one a normal user buy? Obviously from user A, After testing the chip working good you find out that user A is a dealer, how u handle the situation? You give negative feedback for the user A and broadcast to all erodov members that user A is a dealer and boycott his threads?

rk17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #13
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Ashes, The Rain and I.

Since no one can do anything, dealer nirvana prevails. Sellers enjoy and buyers disappoint yourself against profit making dealers!

Looks like you have a problem not only with this chap but also with the forum members who dealt with him instead of you. Like they did something terrible by not picking you over the guy who they could quickly agree a deal with. Sorry, but how is it their fault if you couldn't come to an agreement with them soon enough? Think about that.

Allowing commercial gainers is defeating the whole ideology of a user based forum.

What do you propose we do? Ignore him if he's meeting our asking price and instead go with someone else even if the offer's much lower? Try to get him banned? If so, on what grounds? Go on, tell us. Since you feel so strongly about it, why don't you make some suggestions on how to counter this supposed fraudulent practice?
Old 1 Week Ago   #14
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

pratzgh1 is Notable

Okay, this topic is steering way out of proportions. Let the mods decide what to do about it. I just bought it to their awareness. Also, sellers have their choice and I got nothing about them. But, I saw a buying pattern, I felt I should report. It has to be in the interest of every peer. A commercial business utilising peer forums is free source of data (classified section). Is it really not fraudulent then what is it?
Old 1 Week Ago   #15
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Ashes, The Rain and I.

Okay, this topic is steering way out of proportions. Let the mods decide what to do about it. I just bought it to their awareness. Also, sellers have their choice and I got nothing about them. But, I saw a buying pattern, I felt I should report. It has to be in the interest of every peer. A commercial business utilising peer forums is free source of data (classified section). Is it really not fraudulent then what is it?
Thing is as long as he isn't reselling what he bought for a profit on these forums, I don't see the mods taking action against him. If he's making a profit locally or on other platforms, then its beyond their control. I understand its an annoyance to normal buyers but its a free forum, and if he's following rules and is swift with his negotiations, I am not sure what you would have the mods do about it.

Anyway, if you really feel hard done by him, then notify some of the mods and find out what their response is.
Post New Thread  Reply