Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. (http://www.erodov.com/forums/)
-   Mobile Phones (http://www.erodov.com/forums/electronics-consumer-durables/mobile-phones/)
-   -   Repairing iPhone 3g (http://www.erodov.com/forums/repairing-iphone-3g/48160.html)

syedthedevil 17-12-11 01:19 PM

Repairing iPhone 3g

My friend has a iphone 3g, i just wanted to know how much it would cost to repair and is it possible to repair it myself
The mobile has just problem
1. The home button is cracked but it works
2. The back panel is pretty damages

Everything else is fine and works good.

(My friend asked a service centre and they quoted 2400rs, which i feel is overpriced, that why i planned to do it myself)

I have searched for parts, and i found back panel for 650 rs, and home button for 220 rs.

What you guys suggest, shall i go ahead and order these stuffs and repair it my self.

JD666 17-12-11 02:20 PM

Re: Reparing iPhone 3g

^^ Google around for guide to opening an iphone 3G. Make sure you have the tools needed. ( plastic extraction tool ). And then it can be done at home. But make sure that you open it in a clean enviornment, and use proper equipment ( like the soft cloth they use for cleaning the screen before applying guard, and some isopropyl for cleaning as well ).

ManISinJpr 17-12-11 04:49 PM

There are various videos on youtube which detail the processes in detail.. you can do it yourself.

Animator 17-12-11 06:28 PM

Thats not a issue, you can do yourself (a modder can.. lol) :)

Just somethings to keep in mind is :
Do all this away from dust.
Keep everything in mind how you are opening it.. Because you have to close it the same way :)
I guess that will hardly take 30 min.

go on.. Its a iPhone 3G dude :D
Try hands :p

kauffmann 17-12-11 06:57 PM

If I were you I'd goto your local trusty mobile repair shop and give him the body/panel for doing the good thing. I'd be a little more careful in experimenting, especially since the phone isn't yours.

syedthedevil 17-12-11 08:19 PM

any link to buy spares for the mobile. Just now got the mobile in hand. Actually the digitizer , i mean the front glass also broken. I have met a service centre, the guy quoted this
1. for front panel (inr 1300)
2. for back panel (inr 2400)
i feel the price is just way too much.

Animator 17-12-11 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syedthedevil (Post 684473)
any link to buy spares for the mobile. Just now got the mobile in hand. Actually the digitizer , i mean the front glass also broken. I have met a service centre, the guy quoted this
1. for front panel (inr 1300)
2. for back panel (inr 2400)
i feel the price is just way too much.

Yes the price is too much.
if you think the owner of mobile is kind of those "Now you have to pay for this", then better get it done from some local shop :)

syedthedevil 17-12-11 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animator (Post 684476)
Yes the price is too much.
if you think the owner of mobile is kind of those "Now you have to pay for this", then better get it done from some local shop :)

When the service guys sees iphone they try charge too much for everything :D

do you have any link where can i get digitizer, in ebay i found digitizers for 800inr.

JD666 17-12-11 11:40 PM

Re: Repairing iPhone 3g

I have ordered before from this site. good pricing and good quality as well -

iPhone 3G Housing Faceplate

syedthedevil 17-12-11 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD666 (Post 684534)
I have ordered before from this site. good pricing and good quality as well -

iPhone 3G Housing Faceplate

thanks for the link repped :D but the shop is in US, i would search some alternative available in India, any link to get digitizer ??

PRIME QLTY Touch screen digitizer Glass For IPHONE 3G | eBay

JD666 17-12-11 11:49 PM

^^ Not bad with the ebay link. ecaseshop will take about 7-10 days to deliver.

mk151 18-12-11 06:49 AM

I have purchased from this seller. The person is genuine. All the best...

syedthedevil 18-12-11 01:19 PM

got a quote from well known serivce centre in chennai , 3900 INR :eek: (for changing digitizer and back panel)

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by mk151 (Post 684578)
I have purchased from this seller. The person is genuine. All the best...

Thanks, what are stuffs you purchased from him

mk151 18-12-11 01:49 PM

^^ purchased an iPad book cover and iPhone bumper. He claimed the bumper was original apple but turned high copy. He promptly refunded rs 500 and did not ask for the bumper also.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

rantinasha 18-12-11 04:57 PM

well the idea is good but u gotta be careful buddy..i dont remember but i wanted to change the battery of my 1st Gen iPod Nano and what the iStore guys advised me was to give in the nano and 3300 bucks and get the same model of nano but brand new[still have the nano...its a rare piece :P] ..i dint go for it though as i got a 32GB iPod Touch 4G..but to open it is a crazy idea..i'll let you know about the parts from SP road here by tomorrow or day after as the shops would'v been closed by now...i cant gaurentee it would be genuine but it'll be exactly same of what u want...it'll fit perfectly as i recently refurbished my Nokia E61i..I got all the body parts from there..