Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 03-05-12   #31
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

Re: Remove Any and All Tint Film from Your Car Today

How will cops know the difference if its company fitted or put afterward ? By scratching every car's windows ?
Old 03-05-12   #32
teh priesT!
[E]onian
From The Beginning

Ab-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly Famed

Yep, well the delhi police is planning a massive crackdown from tommorow. I haven't removed the tint from my car still

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Originally Posted by TNT View Post
if the car is still impounded, it will be against the law
Your car will be impounded if you try to throw attitude and disrupt the officer of law from performing his duties. Thats not against the law i guess
Ab-Initio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12   #33
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

@All !!! Now this is a friend who like me, lives in one of th ehottest cities of the country !!
He and I have never used any kind of film ( Well I did when I got an old 800 and used to do wrong stuff in the car )
but I don't like film and so will appreciate this order !! plus 10% of youmay be the ones who think a lady's privacy or respect is maintained but the rest are just using it for any reason !!! whatsoever !
Originally Posted by RajaPraveen View Post
Never did the Tint thing in any of my car, never liked em.

Stop believing those stooooooooooooooooopid news channels.. they once said that they know where Goddess Parvati bathed.. do you believe them for it too NOthing will be allowed except the original windows .
Originally Posted by uniquegamer View Post
This is all over the national and also local news.
The fine for tinted car window is 100rs and the tint will be removed on the spot if someone try to show some attitude then car will be impounded .
There should be 70% transparency in front and 40% in side window tint as per new rule.

No !! Black and other tints covers it all.. you can't get away
Originally Posted by dexterboygenius View Post
So they can be blue or purple ...

And if I just get a window that is already translucent .. ??

It is very easy.. do you have a blade. use that on the inside of your screen and you will see a tear, the rest of us will not as its glass !!!
Originally Posted by mohitgamer View Post
How will cops know the difference if its company fitted or put afterward ? By scratching every car's windows ?

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12   #34
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr ♦ View Post
never used any kind of film
Me too Manish Da.
Never used tinted films on any of the cars that I have owned.
ManISinJpr likes this.
mohitgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12   #35
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

You know what ! I have the dislike button.. and I can use it to.. but I will not and do not..
as for your points.. I will answer one by one !
40% protection?? greow up .. its either 40% light rejectin or 40% heat rejection or some other stuff.. but that 40% at night becomes more like 80%.. then that becomes a problem..
A female feeling safe coz THOSE criminals or lechers can't see her might be a valid point for you, but when that same car is hijacked and the ( sorry to say ) female is molested or worse.. then ??? specially at NIGHT!!
90% are just protecting themselves from the heat.. where do you live mate?? look in th edark glasses at night, the cars parked at sides and at various other places.. are doing what ??
and hiding everything inside a fully loaded car is safe for you.. any thief can get in your car and use those tints and dohis stealiong at a leisurely pace.. coz nobody outside will see that !!!

Originally Posted by themightys View Post
:alienhop: looking for the DISLIKE button oh we dont have 1 yet...

btw "Most of the cars which have tints or films of any kind are for bad reasons.." by this do u mean wid 40% film protecting yourself from the scorching heat is for THE WRONG REASON or staying away from prying eyes if you are a female is for THE WRONG REASON or you imply saving yours fully loaded car when parking in a deserted stretch from CAR-JACKERS is for THE WRONG REASON... ohh.. its like implying if u have a gun you have to be a murderer

90% of the people might belong to the first category of aving themselves from the blazing heat .. and there is hardly anything wrong in that IMHO.. nevertheless ... some people judge the GROUP because of the SHOW -OFF spoilt minority
mohitgamer likes this.
Old 03-05-12   #36
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

well, i dont agree with this judgement. i use tinting film that complies to the vlt rule. and despite that, my car cabin temperature reaches 52 C. It will now approach 65+ i guess. I'd like to be compensated for the extra wear and tear of the cabin materials, the extra fuel and sweat. same goes to those barriers that cops put for 'checking' on extremely busy roads like anand parvat! , allowing everyone to pass however.
baba doga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12   #37
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Semper Solus

modeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly Admirable

themightys there is no show-off minority. Indians like to pimp out their cars just because they can. Do the truck drivers think of practicality when they do those wonky paint jobs on their trucks? I don't think so. All of us who have tints on our cars have gotten it because it looks cool, even if it's not the main reason, it is one of the reasons.

Of course people who get it from the factory itself are exempt to a certain extent.

At the same time I think things like these should be left to personal preference.

The Rs.100 challan is bullshit as well, they should make a challan feel like one. They should add a couple of zeros to the end.

PS: I'm part of the no-tint-on-his-car group as well.
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 03-05-12   #38
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
looking to borrow ps3 dvd's

themightys is highly Reputablethemightys is highly Reputablethemightys is highly Reputable

was Just Kidding bout the dislike button.. thought u might have grown used to it by now...

also the 40% doesnt become 80% at night... i have THOSE and i can always see throught them clearly..

and cars being hijacked and molestation can happen even without tints coz of the number of deserted places we have

i happen to live in kolkata and travel a lot to bikaner & hyderabad ( u might be familiar with the first place) and all these places have scorching heat.. or prolly the sun seems to find my car and spare others..

and if not the dark glasses the ones with the URGE and NEED will find other places.. maybe hotels/motels , Cheap rooms , bylanes etc ..

also i am not hiding a treasure in my car but i dont lug my laptop around every place i visit... and i dont think opening my ICE is an option .. but i have to park in all kinda places including almost empty garages .. and stuff ,, its just to keep away from prying eyes .. who might be tempted looking at the bIg touchscreen inside ... or the mbpro lying on the backseat

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
You know what ! I have the dislike button.. and I can use it to.. but I will not and do not..
as for your points.. I will answer one by one !
40% protection?? greow up .. its either 40% light rejectin or 40% heat rejection or some other stuff.. but that 40% at night becomes more like 80%.. then that becomes a problem..
A female feeling safe coz THOSE criminals or lechers can't see her might be a valid point for you, but when that same car is hijacked and the ( sorry to say ) female is molested or worse.. then ??? specially at NIGHT!!
90% are just protecting themselves from the heat.. where do you live mate?? look in th edark glasses at night, the cars parked at sides and at various other places.. are doing what ??
and hiding everything inside a fully loaded car is safe for you.. any thief can get in your car and use those tints and dohis stealiong at a leisurely pace.. coz nobody outside will see that !!!

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Last edited by themightys; 03-05-12 at 08:15 PM.
themightys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12   #39
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

What do you mean to say??
read your reply again, as if you are not the person who wrote it rather a person on a forum who does not know you !!
and I dislike my dislike button, do you understand english? I said, I don't like it !! coz I don't use it and won't use it !!!
Originally Posted by themightys View Post
was Just Kidding bout the dislike button.. thought u might have grown used to it by now...

also the 40% doesnt become 80% at night... i have THOSE and i can always see throught them clearly..

and cars being hijacked and molestation can happen even without tints coz of the number of deserted places we have

i happen to live in kolkata and travel a lot to bikaner & hyderabad ( u might be familiar with the first place) and all these places have scorching heat.. or prolly the sun seems to find my car and spare others..

and if not the dark glasses the ones with the URGE and NEED will find other places.. maybe hotels/motels , Cheap rooms , bylanes etc ..

also i am not hiding but i dont lug my laptop around every place i visit... and i dont think opening my ICE is an option .. but i have to park in all kinda places including empty garages ..( to be continued.. gotcha rush fr smthn)
Old 03-05-12   #40
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

@JD666: know any car accsessory wala? i need p8 window curtains for polly. the distri says he has it but wont sell directly. the designated dealer in my area says the one's for my car are not available.
Old 03-05-12   #41
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

^^ Will have to check on that.

To re-itrate whats been said -

- No films, not any what so ever. It over rules the earlier one of 70% and 50 %.

- Manufacturers do put tint on windows, but thats generally only on the front windscreen, and only about 3-4 inches ( My Nano comes with that, top model you see ).

- Challan is not 100 bucks from tomorrow, its 1500. And removal on the spot by traffic police.

- Use alternate heat rejection options, like curtains, or those suction cup blinds, No other options.

Other suggestions have already been made in the first post.

Some people are however going into the technicality of the judgement, wherein it says black film of any sort. So they are playing on grey/green/blue etc. However to a traffic cop, they are all gonna be the same color.

So unless a representative from the film manufacturers does not challenge this in court, this order is pretty much here to stay.

Expect chaos and mayhem for the next 2-3 weeks, then things will settle down.
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12   #42
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

themightys is highly Reputablethemightys is highly Reputablethemightys is highly Reputable

What do you mean to say?? read your reply again, as if you are not the person who wrote it rather a person on a forum who does not know you !!
u seem to have grown very fond of me Manish!! guess u know me better than myself.. though i still didnt get what's wrong.. and y is every1 discussing the person WHO DOES NOT KNOW me so much

and I dislike my dislike button, do you understand english? I said, I don't like it !! coz I don't use it and won't use it !!!
u edited it.. it was u who was confused and its nice u spare the rod ... but its spoilt quite a few "child" here
Old 03-05-12   #43
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

haan, please check.. will be a big help!
Old 03-05-12   #44
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by modeSEVEN View Post
themightys there is no show-off minority. Indians like to pimp out their cars just because they can. .
u answered urself right there... not just INDIANS.. every1 does it just coz they CAN...

Originally Posted by modeSEVEN View Post
All of us who have tints on our cars have gotten it because it looks cool, even if it's not the main reason, it is one of the reasons.
i am not discussing or defending the flashy mercury tints... i am talking of the basic 40% tints .. and most people i know get it for the HEAT protection.. prolly all my friends have gone beyond the LOOK COOL age.. heck we r still just 25 but prolly our minds are aging faster
Old 03-05-12   #45
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by JD666 ♥ View Post
Some people are however going into the technicality of the judgement, wherein it says black film of any sort. So they are playing on grey/green/blue etc. However to a traffic cop, they are all gonna be the same color.
Sooweee

All the best to you car peeps ..

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply