Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 22-04-16   #16
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Re: Recovery of Deleted Partition

Ok but seatools does show that there is a problem with the drive, might be some issue with the internal drive controller or firmware, you can try flashing the drives firmware and run seatools to check whether it reports the drive as ok
But one thing is for sure you drives physical platters are intact probably the pcb portion of the drive has some component failing. Try the flashing route first if it resolves it fine, else , if you are feeling truly experimental you need to search for a bad hard drive with same model no and change the pcb board, other than this no other solution comes to mind

rohitshakti likes this.
manishbharech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-16   #17
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Looking for 21"+ LED

rohitshakti is Mysterious

Originally Posted by manishbharech View Post
Ok but seatools does show that there is a problem with the drive, might be some issue with the internal drive controller or firmware, you can try flashing the drives firmware and run seatools to check whether it reports the drive as ok
But one thing is for sure you drives physical platters are intact probably the pcb portion of the drive has some component failing. Try the flashing route first if it resolves it fine, else , if you are feeling truly experimental you need to search for a bad hard drive with same model no and change the pcb board, other than this no other solution comes to mind

I have never touched drive's firmware. My drive is 1 TB Barracuda 7200.12 and its software is given on the below website

Barracuda 7200.12 Firmware Update

but the problem is that I donot have an internet connection on that PC, I can obviously run this programme via downloading on another pc so do I also have to download the another program (Source Code for Open Source Resources) given on the last of this webpage.

Firmware Update Utility Instructions and FAQ

Thanks for all the help.....
Old 22-04-16   #18
teh nuB!
[E]onian

manishbharech is Mysterious

You can open the hard disk and attach it to the pc with Internet connection and update the firmware there itself

Old 22-04-16   #19
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Looking for 21"+ LED

You can open the hard disk and attach it to the pc with Internet connection and update the firmware there itself

But the problem is that I can't bring the home hdd to my office as it is not allowed so I need to confirm if the firmware file needed is for Barcuda 7200.12 is "FirmwareUpdateOpenSource2012-Oct-03.iso.zip" so that I can use it in offline mode at home.
rohitshakti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-16   #20
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Looking for 21"+ LED

I tried to search the firmware udpate of my hdd but was unable to find it for offline updation. A ss of my hdd no. is given below:

In the recent holiday of Sunday I ran various tests on my hdd and also tried to recover the data but the hdd is showing the following error:

http://s31.postimg.org/8l768vdvf/boot_editor.png

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

When there is an error in the allocation table it corrupts the partition and the partition stops showing, if you want to keep using this hard disk you have two ways one use a gpt partition since this stores a duplicate of allocation tables and can use it if one gets damaged, second use an advanced partition tool and leave around 100 gbs of space unallocated in the beginning of the drive and then make your partitions, however your drive under both scenarios has become unreliable and depending on the importance of your data should be changed. As for softwares that can recover bad sectors, they rarely do since a physically bad sector cannot be recovered.
Your DVDs tray getting stuck is because your DVD has become old this causes the rubber attached to the drive motor to loose its elasticity and hence cannot provide enough traction for the tray to operate properly, open your DVD drive and replace the rubber with a same size rubber band or one slightly smaller, should work

Meanwhile I also tried to make gpt partition but can't find any application which makes gpt partition. So please tell me how to make gpt partition and how to leave the 100 gb space.

Old 26-04-16   #21
teh nuB!
[E]onian

Hi
As I said for gpt you can use aomei partition assistant and you can go to http://www.seagate.com/in/en/support...ds/discwizard/ , enter your drive serial no to download firmware

Old 27-04-16   #22
teh nuB!
Yes! It is on front page indee

Crush is Mysterious

i can help you via teamviewer if you want, its easy to recover a deleted partition.
rohitshakti likes this.
Old 28-04-16   #23
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Looking for 21"+ LED

Originally Posted by Crush View Post
i can help you via teamviewer if you want, its easy to recover a deleted partition.
Thanks dear, I recovered my deleted partition yesterday via partition recovery software.

I then checked my hdd for bad sectors with HDD rejuvinator. It showed one bad sector and recovered it.

Kindly tell what to do so that such a thing does not happen again ?

How to create a gpt partition or convert the existing partitions to gpt as suggested above or should I just leave empty space of nearly 100gb unallocated and will that do the job ?

regards

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Hi
As I said for gpt you can use aomei partition assistant and you can go to http://www.seagate.com/in/en/support...ds/discwizard/ , enter your drive serial no to download firmware

It says wrong serial number
Old 28-04-16   #24
teh nuB!
[E]onian

You can also use acronis, gparted or parted magic, you can't convert the existing mbr partition to gpt , since you have recovered your data , if you want to continue using the hdd you can use any of the softwares above or use Windows native disk management to create gpt partition, you will have to initialize the disk in gpt mode or in some software like acronis you can use add disk option and go from there to create gpt partition, once created you just format them as ntfs and can use them, but since you have already recovered ur data my suggestion is to sell of the disk and buy a new one for increased dependability, and incase you want to keep using the hdd then create gpt partition as I suggested earlier , this is what solution comes to mind, as for the firmware , this is the link I found if it's giving you an error then Mail seagate giving your hdd details and ask them to send a link to firmware.

Hope I have been able to help you out
Regards

Crush likes this.
Old 10-05-16   #25
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Looking for 21"+ LED

You can also use acronis, gparted or parted magic, you can't convert the existing mbr partition to gpt , since you have recovered your data , if you want to continue using the hdd you can use any of the softwares above or use Windows native disk management to create gpt partition, you will have to initialize the disk in gpt mode or in some software like acronis you can use add disk option and go from there to create gpt partition, once created you just format them as ntfs and can use them, but since you have already recovered ur data my suggestion is to sell of the disk and buy a new one for increased dependability, and incase you want to keep using the hdd then create gpt partition as I suggested earlier , this is what solution comes to mind, as for the firmware , this is the link I found if it's giving you an error then Mail seagate giving your hdd details and ask them to send a link to firmware.

Hope I have been able to help you out
Regards

I have tried many partition softwares but am not able to make gpt partition. I unallocated the space of nearly 65gb on my pc but had to convert it to Drive L as gpt partition could not be made out of it. Please help with pictures here:

Old 11-05-16   #26
teh nuB!
[E]onian

Bro you need to first delete all partitions on the hard drive , then an option will appear on the left hand menu 'convert to gpt' then you convert your drive to gpt, after that you create normal partitions as you usually do. You can't have mbr and gpt simultaneously on same hdd. Pm me if you face difficulty

rohitshakti likes this.
Post New Thread  Reply