Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 25-07-13   #1
teh priesT!
[E]onian
does this count as annoying?

Reason for Ban

This is for mods and admins

I have seen people(with good reputations) getting banned here in past few days. now i know that its totally up to you if you want to tell the reason or not.but if you can it will certainly help other forum members to deal with those guys if ever needed in future or on other forum. for example, if someone is banned due to violation of rules in sales thread, other people will remain alert on other forums too.

you can create a thread and just post a one-liner reason for someones ban, also you can skip posting reason for obvious bans(fake id, spambot).

and if you create such a thread please keep it closed else it will soon turn into a gossip corner.

just a piece of advice, please dont ban me for this and start the thread with my name in the first post
Old 25-07-13   #2
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Re: Reason for Ban

Originally Posted by bharat14101991 View Post
I have seen people(with good reputations) getting banned here in past few days. now i know that its totally up to you if you want to tell the reason or not.but if you can it will certainly help other forum members to deal with those guys if ever needed in future or on other forum. for example, if someone is banned due to violation of rules in sales thread, other people will remain alert on other forums too.
It is not always possible or desirable to give details of the reasons behind people being banned. Sometimes the bans are temporary and we do not want the issue to peruse that member after being unbanned. In other cases telling the reasons can give away the special techniques that we use for catching violators and allow people to develop countermeasures.

The most common reason for getting banned on Erodov (80% cases) is opening multiple accounts to bump your own sale thread or to defraud someone.
Old 25-07-13   #3
The Game is On!
Community Moderator
"Derevaun Seraun"

csunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Great

Old 25-07-13   #4
Jeebus
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
forgiving your sins

RajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished
RajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished

i have been a member here like forever but never got banned in spite of having arguments with the folks who run this forum many times so i guess if someone gets banned then there must be a pretty strong reason for that.
ManISinJpr, nvarun and csunit37 like this.

Old 25-07-13   #5
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Banning is the last resort for a member, we all take a good view on all that's happening and as TheAgent said.

Old 25-07-13   #6
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Proud Nexu5 Fanboy

Sobirvs is very Notable

Old 25-07-13   #7
Patient_Zero
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
It is not always possible or desirable to give details of the reasons behind people being banned. Sometimes the bans are temporary and we do not want the issue to peruse that member after being unbanned. In other cases telling the reasons can give away the special techniques that we use for catching violators and allow people to develop countermeasures.

The most common reason for getting banned on Erodov (80% cases) is opening multiple accounts to bump your own sale thread or to defraud someone.
+1
Old 25-07-13   #8
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

SoundsGreat is very Notable

Hi,

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr ♦ View Post
Banning is the last resort for a member, we all take a good view on all that's happening and as TheAgent said.
Very good to hear that,as some of the forums Am in Mods are trigger happy and ban folks for silliest reasons !! So folks here can take relief that no one will be banned for any silly reasons !!

Regards.
Old 25-07-13   #9
teh geeK!
I havent set my status yet.

kartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirable

once i got an infraction for posting on a sale thread on TE and asking 'can i play the XXX game on pirated copy'
these guys have no sense and cant make out if the person in just asking or he is going to hack the server to play with his pirated copy (yes at that time i didnt had the genuine copy of that game)

it was my first ever infraction in my entire forum life

P.S. Once i banned my own alias just to feel it
Old 25-07-13   #10
teh priesT!
[E]onian

bharat14101991 is very Honorablebharat14101991 is very Honorable

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post

ohh okay sir, i am not saying you to post everyones details, just the ones which can be of help to everyone. like if someone got banned due to some mischievous activity in bazaar forum, you can let know all the others about it so that if anyone is dealing with same person here or on some other forum, he remains alert. hats it nothing more. just my thought, it all upon you guys what to do. off course you know better in these matters. :-)

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

i know erodov is far more lenient in matters like this, i myself have done somethings which may have cost me an infraction in other forums. thats the reason i come to erodov. also mods are very frank here unlike other forums
Old 25-07-13   #11
⎝ᄽ⏝⏠⎠
Community Moderator
Procreating =8)~

hawk is extremely Renowned
hawk is extremely Renownedhawk is extremely Renownedhawk is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by bharat14101991 View Post
ohh okay sir, i am not saying you to post everyones details, just the ones which can be of help to everyone. like if someone got banned due to some mischievous activity in bazaar forum, you can let know all the others about it so that if anyone is dealing with same person here or on some other forum, he remains alert. hats it nothing more. just my thought, it all upon you guys what to do. off course you know better in these matters. :-)
Classifieds Hall of Shame
HDD: 2+3TB WD Black SATA3 & 512+256GB Samsung 850 pro
GPU: Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming WATERFORCE GTX 1080 @ 1759MHz (core) 1276MHz (mem) 1898MHz (boost)
PSU: SeaSonic X Series X850 Gold
Case & Cooler: Corsair 760T Black Red & H110i in Push Pull
Old 25-07-13   #12
teh priesT!
[E]onian

bharat14101991 is very Honorablebharat14101991 is very Honorable

okay sir, got the point... i was just being silly

mods can close the thread :-)
Post New Thread  Closed Thread