Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Software Zone > Applications
Register Forgot Password?

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
teh nuB!
[E]onian
erodov you're so phunny :|

Reactivating Windows 10 on New PC

I had got a copy of windows 8.1 from the dreamsparks project long back. Which got a free upgrade to windows 10 pro.

I had then linked my digital license to my m$ account. I've sold my old PC.

Now when I try to activate using the m$ account on my new PC it shows the old PC as where I would want to activate.

Is there a way to remotely deactivate my old PC so I can activate the license on my new PC.

Also does someone know the email for Microsoft support ?
kunallkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Ashes, The Rain and I.

Submerged is very HonorableSubmerged is very Honorable
Re: Reactivating Windows 10 on New PC

Use the chat option - https://partner.support.services.mic...tech-services/

That said, I don't know if anything will come of it. I had a digital license linked to my MS account for over 3 years, but after I changed hardware recently, it simply won't work. And getting in touch with them didn't help.

On the bright side, there's absolutely no need to activate Windows 10 to use it. None of the core features or updates are disabled if you don't activate it. And the little issues like the Activate Windows watermark and the inability to show all the quick launch icons in the notification area can all be fixed via simple registry/group policy edits.
kunallkw likes this.
Submerged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
teh nuB!
[E]onian
erodov you're so phunny :|

kunallkw is Mysterious

Originally Posted by Submerged View Post
Use the chat option - https://partner.support.services.mic...tech-services/

That said, I don't know if anything will come of it. I had a digital license linked to my MS account for over 3 years, but after I changed hardware recently, it simply won't work. And getting in touch with them didn't help.

On the bright side, there's absolutely no need to activate Windows 10 to use it. None of the core features or updates are disabled if you don't activate it. And the little issues like the Activate Windows watermark and the inability to show all the quick launch icons in the notification area can all be fixed via simple registry/group policy edits.
What's the method to get rid of the watermark is all I care about !! It's annoying while gaming 😂

Thanks in advance
kunallkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Ashes, The Rain and I.

Submerged is very HonorableSubmerged is very Honorable

Originally Posted by kunallkw View Post
What's the method to get rid of the watermark is all I care about !! It's annoying while gaming ��

Thanks in advance
Any of the methods mentioned in this article should work:
https://productkey.net/how-to-remove...atermark-2019/

The other option is to run your games in exclusive fullscreen mode, but that's a problem these days due to the pathetic 'fullscreen optimizations' present in Windows since 1607/1703. Just google that crap to learn more about it. To disable it and actually run your game in exclusive fullscreen mode, just right click the game exe, go to the Compatibility tab, and check Disable fullscreen optimizations. Doesn't work with all games but should work for the majority of them.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Microsoft_Windows
kunallkw likes this.
Submerged is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply