Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Reviews & Previews
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Comment

Article Tools Search this Article
Razer Blackwidow Gaming Keyboard - Video Review.
Date: 02-05-12
Topic: Reviews & Previews
Author: Pranav Gautam

Index
Home 

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Dragon Age II Collector's Edition Review

Disclaimer: This is my first ever keyboard review, secondly I get conscious when in front of the camera and act funny. So forgive me if after watching the video you think that I missed out on something, or my english was pathetic, or i seem like a complete DODO or my accent is that of a nincompoop. Last but not least I'm always open for Feedback or Criticism,and especially in this is case i won't even mind you insulting me(Just try not to). :-)

A Brief Introduction:

When it comes to Gaming, Razer is a well known brand for some of the awesome products it has come up with in the past few years. Some time back Razer announced the release of their first ever Mechanical Keyboard Series by the name of Blackwidow (The "Some" i'm referring to is totally METAPHORICAL and should not be commented or laughed upon, even if you laugh don't mention it in a post or so, if you decide to mention it atleast make sure i'm not online, and if i'm online, well who the hell cares, as if i can break your nose, no i can't, so go ahead do whatever you want to, :-) ).
Everyone who knew Razer was excited, Also the "Ultimate" variant of the same was backlit(Making Razer the third ever to provide the users with a backlit mechanical keyboard). Below is the video of me reviewing their Dragon Age II Collector's Edition.

Specifications :

1) Individual Backlit Keys with 5 levels of lighting
2) Cherry MX Blue Switches(Tactile, Clicky, 50g actuation force, 2mm to actuation, 4mm to bottom)
3) Gaming optimized key matrix around WSAD keys
4) Anti-Ghosting
5) Fully Programmable keys + 5 additional gaming keys with on the fly macro
6) Gaming Mode(Deactivation of Windows Key)
7) Software Profiles with on the fly switching
8) 1000hz ultra-polling/1ms response time
9) Media and USB passthrough

Pros:

1) Individual Backlit Keys with 5 levels of lighting(1-off, 2-low, 3-medium, 4-high, 5-pulsating)
2) Cherry MX Blue Switches(Tactile, Clicky, 50g actuation force, 2mm to actuation, 4mm to bottom)
3) Aesthetically amazing(Good Looks, will seem nice in your Showcase)
4) Anti-Ghosting(Very Common these Days)
5) Fully Programmable keys + 5 additional gaming keys with on the fly macro
6) Gaming Mode(Deactivation of Windows Key)(Common to gaming keyboards)
7) Software Profiles with on the fly switching

Cons:

1) Price(Approx. being $130 or Rs. 7200)
2) 2 key rollover( Diodes Missing)
3) Media & USB passthrough on the right hand side interferes with free mouse movement.
4) Glossy Finish nice in looks but hard to maintain
5) Keycaps Powder Coated(Really Don't know when that Coat's gonna come off the keys)

Conclusion:

A good to see but poorly designed product. Razer guys should take this as a positive feedback and try to avoid such kiddish mistakes. Moreover the Price tag itself with the lack of necessary features makes the product a lot less lucrative.

Index
Home 

Tools
Add to Devastator's Karma
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
By thebanik 08-05-12
Re: Razer Blackwidow Gaming Keyboard - Video Review.

Looks to be a good unbiased review. Sadly people/gamers will still fall for just the looks and buy it.
By Devastator 09-05-12
Re: Razer Blackwidow Gaming Keyboard - Video Review.

That is what sucks the most when it comes to gaming products, all they want is looks and looks and some more looks and a little more of the same. Its sad
Post New Article  Comment
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search