Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Blogs
Register Forgot Password?

Old 04-07-12   #1
iEvangelist
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery
Rant: Does Vodafone Really Care?

If you live in Mumbai, you’re one of two people. Either, you’ve been on Vodafone all your life, or you’re one of those who wanted Vodafone since a while but wouldn’t go for it because it was too expensive.
Nothing changed when Vodafone released it’s shiny new 3G Service. It was expensive, Rs.850 for 3GB? That sounded like madness at the time. Right?.. Wrong.

I thought the price was perfect. Why? This may sound callous, but it meant that the options above, stayed true. You either preferred Vodafone because it had priced itself higher than the competitors or you stayed away due to the price being too high.

People like me, willing to pay a marginally higher price for their magnificent network in Mumbai, profited. We got amazing 3G coverage and strength. The connection would never let you down. Always fast, always eager to refresh Twitter or Download that top 10 app. This holds true for even their 2G Network. It’s simply the best in Mumbai. If you want a reliable network for calls and texts, Vodafone can be your only choice in Mumbai. Nothing comes close.

Vodafone seemingly always cared about it’s customers, which made you believe that you’re spending your hard earned money wisely. Their “Power to You” campaign, seemed to reinforce that thought. Again, wrong.
Ad1tya's Blog » Does Vodafone really care?

Hey guys, I just wrote this blog post. If you're a Vodafone 3G user, you can relate to it.

So please, share it wherever you can. I need more and more people to view this and come out with their feelings about it.

Thanks!
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12   #2
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great
Been a vodafone user since I got a phone..in Mumbai its too costly...but in manipal its very cheap...in Mumbai my call rate is 1 rupee/min...1 rupee/SMS...3g is too expensive even after other Telecom operators slashed prices by 80%-90%...in 2g u just get 1gb at Rs.99....

Idea and aircel are the cheapest..aircel has a 3g plan 8rupees/day..unlimited...

In Manipal,my plan is 1/2 paisa/second(local/national/roaming) 200 sms free everyday (national/local)..I'm quite happy with Vodafone karnataka...

Vodafone Mumbai circle is HELL....

prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12   #3
Jeebus
forgiving your sins

RajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished
RajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished
Re: Rant: Does Vodafone Really Care?

Lets be honest here, none of the Indian telecom companies care.

They are all just a team of day time robbers.
Free Radical and Hitesh12 like this.

RajaPraveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12   #4
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

DaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly Reputable

I have been a Vodafone user since my first mobile, everyone in my family has got Vodafone. It is bit costlier than others but atleast they don't act like thieves. My sister had an Airtel connection for 2 weeks and the truth was out, cheap stealers under the hood of service providers.
This is the only reason why my family selects Vodafone.

For the customer support part of it, it is worse. They don't have common knowledge about how system works, it's like they are renting all those who have failed in their SSC and those who doesn't know to react to stuffs which they come across for the first time. They just follow one rule, if something isn't on their common day to day work's list just say "no".
In such cases, I ask my Dad to go to such places and after these many years, he is famous among the customer care centres in suburbs. As soon as they see me with my Dad, they never say no to any of my request. You really need someone who can tear up their reputation and bring them down to earth just by words.

Originally Posted by RajaPraveen View Post
True Story

Vodafone is different in that case.
DaRampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12   #5
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

desitechi is very Honorabledesitechi is very Honorable

That's the true story be it any customer care, only thing I like about the cc nowadays is how active they are on twitter.

Every time I face any problem regarding Airtel or voda, they gimme a call back in couple of mins. I am satisfied with every operator which provides me better plans, and on the other hand not satisfied with any of the operator in terms of customer services. That's how we are treated as an Indian customers.

People living abroad are actually enjoying customer services, but paying hefty calling plans. (worked with Sprint for 2years) so knows a lot about how cc works there.

desitechi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12   #6
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

desitechi is very Honorabledesitechi is very Honorable
Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
Ad1tya's Blog » Does Vodafone really care?

Hey guys, I just wrote this blog post. If you're a Vodafone 3G user, you can relate to it.

So please, share it wherever you can. I need more and more people to view this and come out with their feelings about it.

Thanks!
Oh man, how come I missed this article http://www.ad1tya.com/2012/01/02/the...-galaxy-nexus/

Very well written mate. Good one.

desitechi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12   #7
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Here when I read the intro to the blogpost, I was confused as this did not sound like a Rant.. but then I read the blog article and I was !! Nicely written. @Ad1tya
It is high time that persons who spend so much time start sharing their experiences and likes/dislikes specially there way of reasoning.

I say that all companies are in a Nexus here in India !!
look for eg. at the case of broadband..
when we had private companies then it was promised to us that we have teh best networks in th ewhole world and the most advanced one !!!
what a lie that turned out to be, not to mention useless customer care and no grievance cell for most normal vernacular customers !!
I want to write so much, infact I may.. czo your articles has given me an inspiration to loose my laziness and do something about it !!

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12   #8
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned

Indian Broadband is a whole history of rants in its own ..

I'll check out the 3G situation on Voda Hyd . .now that the prices have come down ..

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12   #9
Jeebus
forgiving your sins

RajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished

I mean you got 30mbps unlimited connection in a country like Romania for 15 euro,we are still being cheated with 75 $ for 4mbps connection, which is not even unlimited.
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 04-07-12   #10
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

I mean you got 30mbps unlimited connection in a country like Romania for 15 euro,we are still being cheated with 75 $ for 4mbps connection, which is not even unlimited.
Well India has more users .. Delhi probably has more BB users than Romania ..
Old 04-07-12   #11
Jeebus
forgiving your sins

I am seriously thinking about moving to Romania
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 04-07-12   #12
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

Well if its broadband you want.. then Destination S.Korea .. with the added bonus of having Samsung ..
Old 04-07-12   #13
Jeebus
forgiving your sins

Samsung, meh! Romania has everything.

hint: madalina pica
Old 04-07-12   #14
Lead Lead
Administrator

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
idea Re: Rant: Does Vodafone Really Care?

You also on the 150 GB FU(ck)PPED plan of Airtel? I mean, how easy to calling a limited connection unlimited by simply coining a shiny new term.

Also, since I recently jumped ship to Airtel, I am not sure how Vodafone is fairing. Ofcourse this was due to happen with the way our Indian telcos operate.

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12   #15
Jeebus
forgiving your sins

Yeah i have that 4mbps plan, i also have another 2mbps plan with is actually unlimited since i am Airtel's privileged long term customer.
Post New Thread  Reply