Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 27-12-11   #1
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Rajasthan : Situation getting out of control !

60 die as Raj doctors' stir goes on - The Times of India

Last edited by pappusmailbox; 27-12-11 at 08:33 AM.
pappusmailbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-11   #2
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent
Re: Rajasthan : Situation getting out of control !

Whats the messup for??
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-11   #3
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

pappusmailbox is highly Famedpappusmailbox is highly Famedpappusmailbox is highly Famedpappusmailbox is highly Famedpappusmailbox is highly Famedpappusmailbox is highly Famedpappusmailbox is highly Famedpappusmailbox is highly Famedpappusmailbox is highly Famed

Unmet demands by doctors. We are familiar with this.

But already 60 dead due to this.
Old 27-12-11   #4
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Overworked & Underpaid.

KM0111 is highly ReputableKM0111 is highly ReputableKM0111 is highly Reputable

Pff.. and these people became doctors to save lives??
Old 27-12-11   #5
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

The Doctors are at full fault here..
They are just blackmailing the govt for no reason..
India has become a country of hoodlums and lampoons !!!
SumitB likes this.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-11   #6
teh nuB!

drsingh is Mysterious
This is not a moral issue.it is about interests.politicians and police officers also take vows to serve the country /humanity /life etc.Their neglect of duty results in deaths and injustice.

These doctors want what was promised to them earlier this year. Better salaries as recommended by the latest pay commission and promotions. Or you think doctors should let themselves be exploited and serve humanity like slaves.

Demands of doctorswhich were agreed to be implemented by october 11 but have not been implemented as yet):

1: Salaries similar to the Centre's medical services

2. Formation of separate cadre for doctors

3. Single shift in hospitals

4 To withdraw medical services from panchayati raj department in rural areas

5. To make attacks on doctors a non-bailable offence

6. Demand for risk allowance and increase in rural allowance

7. Time-bound promotions

8. Create posts of directors, director general and additional director general

9. There should be no probationary period for doctors

10. To remove the posts of ad hoc doctors and to regularise them

11. Demand of skill upgradation allowance and transport allowance

Salary of doctors:

" All Rajasthan Inservice Doctors Association (ARISA) secretary Nasrin Bharti said: "The doctors are getting Rs 16,500 as salary in the initial stages of service which could be equal to Grade III employees of the state government."

I would like to know if all people commenting in this thread think that 16,500 is enough and doctors should not demand pay according to central scales.
Free Radical and d6bmg like this.

Last edited by drsingh; 27-12-11 at 04:35 PM.
drsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-11   #7
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Overworked & Underpaid.

KM0111 is highly ReputableKM0111 is highly ReputableKM0111 is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
These doctors want what was promised to them earlier this year. Better salaries as recommended by the latest pay commission and promotions. Or you think doctors should let themselves be exploited and serve humanity like slaves.
Ermm, no. But that doesn't mean you can avoid treating a patient who's life might be on the line. There are other ways to protest, not by neglecting patients.
ManISinJpr and syedthedevil like this.
KM0111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-11   #8
Cyanogenmod 6.0-N1
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
work, work and more work :(

Rig Gallery

blufox is extremely Renowned
blufox is extremely Renownedblufox is extremely Renownedblufox is extremely Renownedblufox is extremely Renownedblufox is extremely Renowned

This is not a moral issue.it is about interests.politicians and police officers also take vows to serve the country /humanity /life etc.Their neglect of duty results in deaths and injustice.

So they should let critical patients die? Bravo...indeed.
Also, no need to compare Doctors with Politicians or Police.
All are different with different domains and duties.

/Steve Wozniak
blufox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-11   #9
teh Paint Whisperer!
Whispering to my i20

sohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Great

Refer them all to safdarjung!
Originally Posted by Chief-Techie View Post
Karan was in his Fantasy World Dreaming Adi Wearing a Red Dress & then Sending a Red Hot Msg

sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-11   #10
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

pappusmailbox is highly Famedpappusmailbox is highly Famedpappusmailbox is highly Famedpappusmailbox is highly Famedpappusmailbox is highly Famedpappusmailbox is highly Famedpappusmailbox is highly Famedpappusmailbox is highly Famedpappusmailbox is highly Famed

Well said !...God bless our resident doc at [E]
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 27-12-11   #11
Banned

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Refer them all to safdarjung!
the doctors or the patients??
coz the docs need a separate kind of treatment...
jus sayin

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you

Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-11   #12
teh nuB!

drsingh is Mysterious
All of you need to get your facts straight. The government spurned all advances for talks and put doctors in jail.they enforced ESMA one day before the strike.what was promised during earlier talks was not delivered. The government is now threatening the doctors with violence from public backlash. After exhausting all other possibilities the doctors are on strike.Please go and see the conditions the doctors work in.the lack of equipment and poor facilities. Why are politicians and police officers exempt from their duty? No other class one officers like IAS IPS have to protest like the doctors because they have more power and money from their positions. I feel that you guys think a doctor is a slave because of his oath and should not demand rightful pay and facilities! This is exactly the reason most brilliant doctors go to the US. They cannot demand what's rightfully theirs in this country!

Demands of doctorswhich were agreed to be implemented by october 11 but have not been implemented as yet):

1: Salaries similar to the Centre's medical services

2. Formation of separate cadre for doctors

3. Single shift in hospitals

4 To withdraw medical services from panchayati raj department in rural areas

5. To make attacks on doctors a non-bailable offence

6. Demand for risk allowance and increase in rural allowance

7. Time-bound promotions

8. Create posts of directors, director general and additional director general

9. There should be no probationary period for doctors

10. To remove the posts of ad hoc doctors and to regularise them

11. Demand of skill upgradation allowance and transport allowance

Salary of doctors:

" All Rajasthan Inservice Doctors Association (ARISA) secretary Nasrin Bharti said: "The doctors are getting Rs 16,500 as salary in the initial stages of service which could be equal to Grade III employees of the state government."

I would like to know if all people commenting in this thread think that 16,500 is enough and doctors should not demand pay according to central scales.
thebanik, sohail99, ViKiD and 1 others like this.

Last edited by drsingh; 27-12-11 at 04:39 PM.
drsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-11   #13
Cyanogenmod 6.0-N1
work, work and more work :(

Rig Gallery

blufox is extremely Renowned
blufox is extremely Renownedblufox is extremely Renownedblufox is extremely Renownedblufox is extremely Renownedblufox is extremely Renowned

All of you need to get your facts straight. The government spurned all advances for talks and put doctors in jail.they enforced ESMA one day before the strike.what was promised during earlier talks was not delivered. The government is now threatening the doctors with violence from public backlash. After exhausting all other possibilities the doctors are on strike.Please go and see the conditions the doctors work in.the lack of equipment and poor facilities. Why are politicians and police officers exempt from their duty? No other class one officers like IAS IPS have to protest like the doctors because they have more power and money from their positions. I feel that you guys think a doctor is a slave because of his oath and should not demand rightful pay and facilities! This is exactly the reason most brilliant doctors go to the US. They cannot demand what's rightfully theirs in this country!

No we do not think Doctors are slave. Infact docs deserve more than what they get in govt hospitals.
But then the point is people are losing lives because of this strike.
Fine you can demand a better wager, but atleast treat critical issues and at the same time refuse to treat normal OPD.

Well but then I am not a doctor and may not understand the intricacies of the noble profession.
syedthedevil likes this.
blufox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-11   #14
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished

See the problem being, NO ONE in our country looks up at Police and Politicians with respect but the same cannot be said about Doctors. They are still given the status of God by some, and at the least are given respect from the common people. So when they do something which kills people who they are supposed to save, even the faith in Doctors is shaken among the common people which is why the backlash. I do not really know the situation and the complains that has been raised by Doctors, but disheartening to see a step by Doctors which kills people.
Maximus V Gene (MSI Z77-GD65, Gigabyte P67A-UD7, EVGA Classified E760,MSI Eclipse,DFI DK P45 Plus, Foxconn Mars, Asus P5Ne-SLI, Asus P5B Deluxe/Wifi AP), Intel 3770k Benched @ 6.7Ghz, Intel 2600K Benched @ 5.7 Ghz, AMD 8150 Benched @ 7.45 Ghz, Intel 980X Benched @ 6.07Ghz, AMD 970BE Benched @ 6.63Ghz, (Intel i5 680 Benched @ 6.44Ghz, Intel i7 950 Benched @ 5150Mhz, Intel E8600 Benched @ 5.71Ghz, Intel QX9650 Benched @5.41Ghz, Intel Core2 Duo E8400@4.6Ghz, e4300 @ 3.52 Ghz), Thermalright Venomous X, GSkill 6400 2 x 1 GB @ 1260Mhz , HIS 7970 (MSI GTX 580, MSI GTX 480, EVGA GTX295, Asus 4870 x2, EVGA 9800GX2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT, Nvidia 7900GTX, XFX 8600GT), DELL E248WFP Monitor, CoolerMaster Benchtable, Antec HCP 1200W, Altec Lansing 641 400 RMS Watts with Auzentech X-Plosion

SVGTECH HOC40 and HOC20 Review

Corsair Vengeance K90, M90 and M60 Review

Gigabyte P67 UD7 + Intel i7 2600k Preview

Strontium Ultra Speed 128GB SSD Review

Gigabyte GX-X58A-UD9 Review
thebanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-11   #15
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯□)

kauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Great

It's deplorable the kind of conditions and facilities the doctors are made to do with. But nothing warrants such abuse of power, where people end up losing their lives.

Like a hospital in UP that suggested it's malaria patients to sprinkle pesticide on themselves and around them. The recent Japanese encephalitis outbreak showed how ill equpped our hospitals are to deal with problems. Ill-paid, ill-equipped doctors would not be able or motivated to treat their patients well and in the end they have to suffer the warth of the public. In the end, one has to remember that it IS a profession and very few people are in it to do the greater good for humanity. If it were the case, we'd see more doctors working in backward rural areas. But they have tuition loans to pay off, a family to look after and aspirations for growth in their professional career like all of us. I say all this because I've spoken to multiple doctors/dentists about the healthcare system in our country.