Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 27-12-11   #16
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Re: Rajasthan : Situation getting out of control !

As people commenting in this thread have no idea about the issue at hand and have not bothered to know the facts I am posting some links and demands of doctors:

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...ajendra-pareek

Demands of doctorswhich were agreed to be implemented by october 11 but have not been implemented as yet):

1: Salaries similar to the Centre's medical services

2. Formation of separate cadre for doctors

3. Single shift in hospitals

4 To withdraw medical services from panchayati raj department in rural areas

5. To make attacks on doctors a non-bailable offence

6. Demand for risk allowance and increase in rural allowance

7. Time-bound promotions

8. Create posts of directors, director general and additional director general

9. There should be no probationary period for doctors

10. To remove the posts of ad hoc doctors and to regularise them

11. Demand of skill upgradation allowance and transport allowance

Salary of doctors:

" All Rajasthan Inservice Doctors Association (ARISA) secretary Nasrin Bharti said: "The doctors are getting Rs 16,500 as salary in the initial stages of service which could be equal to Grade III employees of the state government."

I would like to know if all people commenting in this thread think that 16,500 is enough and doctors should not demand pay according to central scales.

http://ibnlive.in.com/generalnewsfee...st/941665.html

No steps by the government to initiate talks before the strike.

Also emergency surgeries are being performed.Critical cases are being taken care of by senior doctors.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/RAJ...l-2668030.html

Last edited by drsingh; 27-12-11 at 04:44 PM.
drsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-11   #17
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Well a detailed answer is needed here.. so here I come !!
So you are equating docs to politicians and police and what not.. WOW !!!! thanks for degrading the most noble of professionals with the most useless ones around, you surely proved a point.. I am friends with many docs... as my classfellows or seniors etc.. not one of them is getting a lower salary than other govt employees..
serving is what the doctors do ohh if that were correct.. charging exorbitant rates for treatment, not wanting to serve in villages and enjoying in posh clubs at night.. wow !! again.. you are making yuor points right..

so the doctors are demanding.. wow again..
for th e rest of the pointwise reply I am answering each point in front of yuor points..
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
This is not a moral issue.it is about interests.politicians and police officers also take vows to serve the country /humanity /life etc.Their neglect of duty results in deaths and injustice.

These doctors want what was promised to them earlier this year. Better salaries as recommended by the latest pay commission and promotions. Or you think doctors should let themselves be exploited and serve humanity like slaves.

Demands of doctorswhich were agreed to be implemented by october 11 but have not been implemented as yet):

1: Salaries similar to the Centre's medical services ( that is acceptable to me, slaries should be at par.. ( but letting people die and get angry !! for that.. a foolish demand.. )

2. Formation of separate cadre for doctors, ( want the same salary but a different cadre, what BS is that ?? ) want to be GODs without responsibility..

3. Single shift in hospitals ( when will this demand come true.. Docs all over the world do not work under this.. they are not factory labor, for God's sake )

4 To withdraw medical services from panchayati raj department in rural areas... ( AHHAAAA !!! so all the docs will be in cities earning commission from medical companies and the poor 70% of Indians will keep on dying and not be treated,, WOW AGAIN !!! I say then why not the GOvt let the subsidies on the education of docs be withdrawn ? )

5. To make attacks on doctors a non-bailable offence ( aaaahhaaa !! wowo again so they are superpowerful... even the politicians are not in that bracket.. LOLZZZ )

6. Demand for risk allowance and increase in rural allowance ( risk alowance ??? what the heck is that?? if they do their job right then there is no need for that )

7. Time-bound promotions ( so even if you don't work I mean the docs, still tehy get promotions, just like the black listed bureaucracy !!! )

8. Create posts of directors, director general and additional director general ( ohh more and more these demands make me thiink that they want to be the BABU class )

9. There should be no probationary period for doctors ( aaahh !! that is also very nice. direct permanent recruitment and no rural jobs, nobody can attack you, no fees increase and city postings ) wowo !!

10. To remove the posts of ad hoc doctors and to regularise them ( what is this.. ??? )

11. Demand of skill upgradation allowance and transport allowance ( yeah, 1st class airfare to be given.. thanks for that )

Salary of doctors:

" All Rajasthan Inservice Doctors Association (ARISA) secretary Nasrin Bharti said: "The doctors are getting Rs 16,500 as salary in the initial stages of service which could be equal to Grade III employees of the state government." ( that is not true, he did not tell the salary in toto.. and as for the salary being less. it is STIPEND for God's sake !!! )

I would like to know if all people commenting in this thread think that 16,500 is enough and doctors should not demand pay according to central scales. ( wrong question... . . . . . What a doc gets in the first year is not what all docs get !!! )
syedthedevil and KM0111 like this.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-11   #18
teh nuB!

drsingh is Mysterious

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Well a detailed answer is needed here.. so here I come !!
So you are equating docs to politicians and police and what not.. WOW !!!! thanks for degrading the most noble of professionals with the most useless ones around, you surely proved a point.. I am friends with many docs... as my classfellows or seniors etc.. not one of them is getting a lower salary than other govt employees..
serving is what the doctors do ohh if that were correct.. charging exorbitant rates for treatment, not wanting to serve in villages and enjoying in posh clubs at night.. wow !! again.. you are making yuor points right..

so the doctors are demanding.. wow again..
for th e rest of the pointwise reply I am answering each point in front of yuor points..

1.Like I said doctors did resort to this strike after all other talks failed.THIS WAS THE LAST RESORT.

2.Seperate cadre means seperate from political and bureaucratic influence,Independent result oriented organisation,like central institutes are e,g, AIIMS etc.

3.Single shift in hospitals(I do not know the details on this demand,so no comment-but from my friends in rajasthan i hear that they get posted on emergency duty at CHC or district hospital at night and are also expected to work the next morning at their dispensary-maybe this is what they mean.

4.New contract based jobs are under the zila parishad (panchayti raj) and not health department.doctors have to bow to whims of these clerks and are often blackmailed.They want to be under the health department not under clerks! Doctors already work in rural areas ,they are not demanding that all of them be shifted to cities that is absurd!!!!!!!

5.How would you feel if someone Attacked you while you were doing your job and police fails to protect you.How would you like to be smashed by goondas!!!!!! And let me tell you assault cases at night ,hoodlums trying to kill each other ,and then coming to hospital emergency drunk,doctors have to deal with them as nurses refuse to.If you think doctors getting assaulted is ok you need help!!!!!

6.Risk allowance: I dont know what this means but i guess it means getting compensated for working in extremely risky areas having endemic diseases,high no. of AIDS cases,antisocial elements .THis is a fair demand and it does not mean that doctors are demanding money in lieu of getting beaten up!!!!!

7.Time bound promotions means as laid down per Service Rules.You have no idea what you are talking about and do not know that there are quarterly performance reviews of doctors!

8.Health Directorate posts are required for efficient functioning of the department.Please inform yourself about the no. of posts in the department before commenting.And health department needs administrative posts like every other department.I would rather Doctors with experience of working in the field be the ones in the directorate.you again show complete ignorance about how organisations work!

9.Doctors under probation have to do menial jobs to satisfy their bosses.I don't want to mention some bad experiences my (male and female) friends had to undergo because of probation.Even in most private companies it is 6 months or so and their is no harrassment,but here you are at the whim of your boss for 2 years.I do not think there should be no probation but 2 years is too long.

10.Ad Hoc posts mean doctors do not have permanent jobs and are under contract.They do not get facilities and job security like those with permanent jobs.Regularisation means permanent jobs once selected.

11.Transport allowance is a very genuine demand.do you know that doctors have to often travel 30-40 kms everyday and often more if they are posted at a VIP rally,emergency duty,night duty, etc.,etc. And there are no accomodation facilities near the hospitals,dispensaries.

It is not stipend.It is the salary a junior resident or house surgeon gets.Salary for same doctor in Delhi is 45,000.central scale.

Your post shows that you just want to counter the demands without thinking about the facts.That you have no knowledge about the issue and conditions the doctors face is clearly evident by your comments.

I am not saying that it is right that deaths occur due to lack of medical attention,I am just trying to show that the demands of doctors are reasonable and open to discussion.It was not right for the government to renege on its promises and spurn talks.It was not right to enforce ESMA one day before and start arresting doctors from their houses.But this situation has been created because of lack of initiative from the government.There is no other option left.

I understand how negotiation works.the government will give in to some demands and doctors will have to concede some demands.But blindly suggesting doctors have no right to demand better pay for themselves is a poor argument in the face of available facts.
drsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-11   #19
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

rdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputable
It is ironic that in our country even doctors have to go on strikes to get their demands met even when they are revered as next to gods.
People who are saying that the doctors are wrong are maybe justified because of the deaths. However if the public really wants the matter resolved they should show their support for the doctors and pressurize the government to meet the demands of the doctors. If you want the doctors to keep serving you why don't go stand up for their cause so that they don't need to go on a strike themselves.

Also people who are saying that doctors charge exorbitantly should realize that only private hospitals charge high rates cause that kind of services require high monetary input.
I'd rather keep my life than my money.
There might have been cases of negligence but still asking a doctor to provide surety of cure is absurd. You should see the hours the doctors put in and the conditions they work in at govt hospitals. Yet i have seen so many brilliant doctors spurn the chance of working in private hospitals and continue to serve people selflessly. But even if for one moment they think about themselves they are branded as selfish and reminded of public backlash.

Disclaimer - I am not a doctor nor is anyone in my family. I have been to PGI on many occassions with relatives and have seen first hand what a day entails for an OPD doctor.
They start seeing patients at around 9 in the morning and continue till all the patients are seen to. On a normal day that is around 4-5 PM. However these days are few and far in between. Most of the doctors grab a bite while still checking the patients. Then they have classes in the evening. After that they go through the cases that they had seen during the day with the senior doctors. After that they go to the rooms and do their personal studies.

Sent from a Galaxy in the S2 system
rdst_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-11   #20
Banned
--

d6bmg is very Respectfuld6bmg is very Respectful

Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
" All Rajasthan Inservice Doctors Association (ARISA) secretary Nasrin Bharti said: "The doctors are getting Rs 16,500 as salary in the initial stages of service which could be equal to Grade III employees of the state government."

I would like to know if all people commenting in this thread think that 16,500 is enough and doctors should not demand pay according to central scales.

Seconded. This is very bad. So what they are doing is all right.
Old 28-12-11   #21
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Milk provides nutritions!!!

Rig Gallery

initpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Greatinitpidzero is simply Great

i think doctors are professionals and should be treated like same, stop treating like gods.
Treat them like god and exploit them with bad salaries? really?
until unless you go to extreme measures, no one hears your plea in india, so if doctors are doing this its not some act of blackmailing because our govt is deaf.
secondly, Dr. spend atleast 7-8 years of very very intense hardwork to become doctors and its extremely deplorable to pay them badly and provide them bad working conditions. Life of a doctor is much much harder than most other professions.
<Trinexx> Linux would be better for that.
<rob89> besides, i like being able to play a game or two
<Trinexx> Linux has games.
<rob89> im not getting linux. windows has great support, ill have this fixed in no time
<Trinexx> Linux has better support.
<rob89> if you say "linux" one more time, im gonna send you a virus
<Trinexx> Good *ucking luck. I'm on Linux.
initpidzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply