Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 09-10-12   #16
My Eyes are on You Seller
Community Moderator
I havent set my status yet.

Re: Queries on SVG Tech AOC 120 DT Air Cooler ...

Originally Posted by dedasdude View Post
THAT is how NOT to arrange a heatpipe cooler. that way all the liquid in the heatpipe goes to the bottom. for best effect the heatpipes should be parallel to the ground, i.e. horizontal. looks like someone wrote an article too. Airflow: Horizontally-Mounted Tower Cooler : How To: Properly Plan And Pick Parts For An Air-Cooled PC, Part 1 this is the most effective, but on some coolers its impossible to mount on AMD sockets like this.
boss this article explains the same as said By vivek doda

"Airflow: Horizontally-Mounted Tower Cooler

12:00 AM - November 8, 2011 by Igor Wallossek

Horizontal Installation of a Tower Cooler

Let's go back to AMD's Socket AM3 and take a look at a horizontal mounting of [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]the [COLOR=blue !important]cooler[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]. What initially seems to be a disadvantage can actually turn out to be an asset. Remember the stack effect? If warm air rises, why not take advantage of that fact? For horizontal mounting, you need a case with ventilation up top to make this work.

We also make use of an additional exhaust in the back, since many tower coolers blow some air on the surrounding components (voltage regulators, for example), and this "scattered" exhaust also needs to be vented. Horizontal installation is also possible with a top-mounted [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue ! important]power [COLOR=blue ! important]supply[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]:

This scenario really makes a top-mounted power supply's disadvantages obvious, however, so we definitely advise against blowing all of your processor's heated air up into the PSU. Really, there are so many better solutions.
If you decide to go this route anyway, make sure to at least include a rear [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]exhaust [COLOR=blue !important]vent[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]:

Bottom ventilation helps create extra cool airflow:"
tamocha11 likes this.
johnjoyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-12   #17
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Pro Indian Modder

dedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Fameddedasdude is highly Famed

no he showed front to back airflow of cooler. which isnt the optimum.
Old 09-10-12   #18
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Need GSkill/nVidia stickers ..

tamocha11 is very Honorabletamocha11 is very Honorable

Thanks a lot for the valuable info putted herewith. Thanks !
Yes of course, the exhaust airflow should go upward and backwards and the the heat-sink must be mounted in accordance with this. Here in my case, there is no other option to mount the heat-sink in the manner so as the exhaust faces backwards. This case is also applied to Tuniq Tower Extreme 120. For AMD socket AM3/AM3+ ( except K8 ), for SVGTech AOC 120, I find no option other than mounting the way as I did ! That is what I was inquiring if I can mount the heatsink ( without modding the fastening plate- that is the plate adjoining heat pipes ) in such a way that the exhaust faces backwards !
I inquired about this to nikolain ( I made a call to him ) and he assured me that AOC DT 120 can be mounted with the fan orientation - pushing the warm air backwards and I'm unable to do so !
If I'm unable to find a solution, then either I must change my cabinet or this AOC DT 120 cooler. This problem happened to me with Tuniq Tower also. Bad luck ! < This is my first case mod, and I love this cabinet />
Thanks a lot for the valuable inputs !
Old 09-10-12   #19
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

vivek doda is very Notable

liquid coolers do not have these kind of problems and u r having many options in them at good price point
tamocha11 likes this.
vivek doda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-12   #20
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

it seems, in this scenario, I must change the cooler again ( as I did with Tuniq Tower ) so as to keep this cabby, this time with liquid cooler to avoid such hassles.
thanks friends, for the valuable inputs.
tamocha11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-12   #21
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

vivek doda is very Notable

u r welcome antec kulhar 620 and hoc 20 r good options corsair h80 is also a very good cooler
tamocha11 likes this.
vivek doda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12   #22
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

To sum up :- This SVG Tech AOC DT120 Cooler is good but not that good enough. My personal experience have taught me not to believe in this cooler's aftersale support. I have talked, even requested by writing mails to @nikolain, inquiring if there are any solutions for this issue. So far he has neither responded to my mails nor contacted me. Well well, so far so good. This cooler is good for Intel proccy based mobos but not for AMD's AM3/AM3+ mobos. Yes of course, if you are compelled to use a cooler like this as well as Tuniq Tower 120, then you must choose a cabbie that has PSU mounting @ buttom and upper part of the cabbie must have good ventilation. For instance THIS type of cabby, else keep away from this kinda coolers, in case you are using AM3/AM3+ mainboards. Period. I wanted to write a review on Tuniq Tower 120 and SVG Tech AOC Dt120, but left the idea 'coz it may ruin someone's business. In short mounting this cooler vertically for AM3/AM3+ mainboard is impossible, unless and untill you mod the cooler fasteners, pronto.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Picture borrowed from Bitfenix and the picture is their property.

http://www.erodov.com/forums/imageho...6275a66f80.jpg

Last edited by tamocha11; 04-11-12 at 02:05 PM.
tamocha11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply