Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

Old 26-01-09   #1
dattebayo!
Community Moderator
Kaizoku Ou Ni Ore Wa Naru

Rig Gallery
Qimonda bankrupt!

Memory Giant Qimonda declares insolvency

Qimonda, once the second largest memory manufacturer, the company with lots of research credits under it's name, now after several setbacks has finally decided to declare insolvency. It is filing insolvency under German law, the equivalent of Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the United States. Such action provides creditor protection while it reorganizes its operations and restructures its debt.
Qimonda is formed from the technology assets of Infineon technologies in 2006, but the famous Infineon brand was never able to lift Qimonda to popularity. Qimonda was criticized and disliked by many around the world, and has been facing issues from several other companies. It had made strategic alliances with Nanya, and that too turned sour pretty soon.

Even then Qimonda is a company with several research credits, several achievements under it's name. It was the first company to build on 300mm wafers which resulted greatly lowering production. It now ranks fourth in production, behind Samsung, Hynix, and Elpida. It has also successfully delivered the GDDR5 for the now-famous GPU from ATI i.e,. Radeon HD4870.
Qimonda was hit hard by many problems lately. And majority of them being the falling DRAM prices and the global credit crunch. And also it is likely to face problem of Oversupply and less demand. So the affect on product development of Qimonda is still unclear. But it is predicted that its condition might help the DRAM industry in one way or the other.

Reference:
http://www.dailytech.com/DRAM+Giant+Qimonda+Declares+Insolvency/article14046.htm

Regards,
Prash

Guide to write an Article at [E]
(And win prizes !)

"Well done is better than well said"

Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-09   #2
the rocK!
[E]onian
Nordic

Rig Gallery

Rockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly FamedRockfella is highly Famed
Re: Qimonda bankrupt!

Bad news man.
i5 4440 - H81 - 4X2 GB - 128 GB SSD - R7 240 - L42ET60D / S2240L - 3 TB - TinAudio T2 - M40X - FiiO E10 - Kali Audio LP6/Swans M50 W - Anker Spirit X - JBL Flip 4 - Xonar DX - Fenvi WiFi/BT 5 - VS350 - Carbide 400R
Rockfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-09   #3
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

so does this bring ddr2 prices down or up?? and does ddr3 become any cheaper?????
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-09   #4
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

stonedsurd is extremely Renowned
stonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renowned

They supply the chips for the Pi Blacks, right?
All of a sudden, i'm worried
stonedsurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-09   #5
teh geeK!
[E]onian

rajeevv67 is highly Admirablerajeevv67 is highly Admirablerajeevv67 is highly Admirablerajeevv67 is highly Admirablerajeevv67 is highly Admirablerajeevv67 is highly Admirablerajeevv67 is highly Admirable

Hey Ram !!
Old 26-01-09   #6
dattebayo!
Community Moderator
Kaizoku Ou Ni Ore Wa Naru

Rig Gallery

Prash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly FamedPrash is highly Famed

Originally Posted by JD666 View Post
so does this bring ddr2 prices down or up?? and does ddr3 become any cheaper?????
It is predicted that it may happen. But the memory chip prices are already all-time low now, so we cant be sure of anything yet.
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-09   #7
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Rig Gallery

wingzero is extremely Renowned
wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned

Darn it......

Guides n Reviews :
wingzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-09   #8
Heligoland
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Hibernating.

SidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly FamedSidK!! is highly Famed

Originally Posted by forum67 View Post
Hey Ram !!
lol

I was commenting on the absurdity of the assumption that Mario>Freeman

To qualify my statement - Mario is an Italian immigrant plumber who spends his life chasing a dame who refuses to let him bang her.

Freeman is a physicist who saves the world (multiple times) with a crowbar. And he manages to get Alyx Vance to fall in love with him without needing mushrooms, stars or jumping on enemies.
SidK!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply