Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 28-10-11   #16
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
COMPUTING begins at PSU

Re: Push pull connection

Originally Posted by Sumonpathak View Post
use both the xtraflows in highest speed...it will serve its purpose...or get a y splitter cable as said earlier and run both off the same header...
Not getting u.

to use both XF in highest speed i need to attach both in a three pin connector sacrificing the 4th pin of the fan. But only one 3 PIN has been freed up. and i am against using a Y CABLE. So options are like.

2 XTRAFLOs
1) one connected in 4pin CPU FAN(PWM CONTROLLED, will spin accordingly.)
2) one connected in 3 PIN chasis fan connector.(PWM uncontrolled, 100% spinning always.)

I think this will not serve the purpose of a TRUE PUSH PULL config.

OR

1)one connected in 3 pin fan connector where 4th pin is sacrificed(PWM uncontrolled, 100% spinning always)
2)one connected in 3 pin fan connector where 4th pin is sacrificed(PWM uncontrolled, 100% spinning always)

In this case other chassis fans shld be connected through molex connectors to free up two mobo fan connectors.

and this i think will serve the purpose. Isn't it better to pass the highest CFM airflow through HS FINS always?

Qn is: with 100% spinning always the fan will come to EOL quickly?
Mobo fan headers are forced to supply any extra power to fan always and thereby wearing away MOBO life?

avichandana20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-11   #17
teh nuB!
I Dare where Devil's Don't.

Reborn is Notable

ok so im kind anew to this whole building a rig thing, its been about 2-3months since i m building my rig and ever since then i wanted to try OCing the problem that arises is cooling. i have never done CPU cooling and i keep hearing stuff on push/pull configurations and i was just wondering if someone could explain the full thing in detail and maybe even post a diagram for CPU cooling. so, yeah i also like suggestions for CPU coolers and stuff so feel free to post those suggestions as well.
Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-11   #18
Banned
Mod's fill this.. ROFL ! hahah

Animator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
ok so im kind anew to this whole building a rig thing, its been about 2-3months since i m building my rig and ever since then i wanted to try OCing the problem that arises is cooling. i have never done CPU cooling and i keep hearing stuff on push/pull configurations and i was just wondering if someone could explain the full thing in detail and maybe even post a diagram for CPU cooling. so, yeah i also like suggestions for CPU coolers and stuff so feel free to post those suggestions as well.
Same I was about to ask

please write your pc specs in your sig
2. A Bike is to never be compared with Car.
3. Old members are superior no matter how much knowledge you hold.
4. Try to keep the troll-suckers happy else they will make you quit the thread. (unless they won't be sleeping for nights.)
5. Modding and assembling a Pc are 2 completely different things.
6. Money is nothing, Its worthy when you have friends and a Life.
7. Honey Singh doesn't mean vulgar in all songs.
8. No Matter how much you love English Sawngs, some Hindi Sawng are always above them in your heart.

You read it because I wasted my 5 minute, Now Thank me.
Animator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-11   #19
Banned
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
start off a new thread...we are here to help
heck start off a build-log if you can

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you

Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-11   #20
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
COMPUTING begins at PSU

avichandana20000 is Notable

my qns remain unanswered.
I have no problem if Reborn and Xplodee want to post here regarding PUSH PULL connection.
Old 29-10-11   #21
Banned

Animator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly AdmirableAnimator is highly Admirable

Currently I have only Stock fan in my Hyper 212+ but I'm gonna add another soon.
Stock 1 is push, so I have to add another 1 for pull.

[Where to get that fan holder like stock one ?]

Though I'll be connecting it via molex connector @ 100% working.

Just noticed damn temp increase of 4C-5C when changing the fan speed and some settings.
Fan @ 100% working will last for 2 year I guess so changing fan at 2 year is not a issue, I think. !
Old 29-10-11   #22
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
COMPUTING begins at PSU

^^ so in push pull config 100% spinning is better than a controlled spinning.
why do u require fan holder like stock one. Hyper 212+ comes AFAIK with two fan clips for push pull config. Use that.

Now clear me one thing.
U said STOCK FAN. Means what ? It should be a 120 mm fan. r u using something other. good if u can post a pic of ur cooler with connection made.
Is this cooler fan connected via molex and running at 100% spinning?

Last edited by avichandana20000; 29-10-11 at 12:10 PM.
Old 29-10-11   #23
Banned

Originally Posted by avichandana20000 View Post
Hyper 212+ comes AFAIK with two fan clips for push pull config. Use that.
Oh ! LOL !
I just went to SMC International, left my CPU and took back when done
I have to check the box now.

MY CPU COOLER connection is done by SMC International.
They did it via mobo, no molex connector.
But I'll be changing it to molex [if that does not rise a new problem] when I'll add a 2nd fan !

U said STOCK FAN. Means what ? It should be a 120 mm fan. r u using something other
aah, buddy stock is what come's in box from company.
Nothing upgraded yet !
Old 29-10-11   #24
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
COMPUTING begins at PSU

Originally Posted by xplodee View Post
Oh ! LOL !
I just went to SMC International, left my CPU and took back when done
I have to check the box now.

MY CPU COOLER connection is done by SMC International.
They did it via mobo, no molex connector.
But I'll be changing it to molex [if that does not rise a new problem] when I'll add a 2nd fan !

aah, buddy stock is what come's in box from company.
Nothing upgraded yet !
I know what stock is. But i was thinkning that u already have 212+ Installed on the cpu with STOCK FAN. Anyhow,
will u do the cooling with Hyper 212+ by yourself or take help from SMC AGAIN. Pls post step by step pics if u do this all by urself or at least the pics of the connection if made by SMC. I like to see how they connect the two fans-

1) all via MOLEX
2) 1 molex ,1 mobo
3) all mobo but 3 pins & 4 pins
4) Y cable via mobo.

Also the fan itself is factor. For normal NON-PWM controlled fan all the above 4 methods will work.
Problem will start for PWM controlled fan. I just need to know the method for two PWM controlled fan used as PUSH PULL config for which i have started this thread. i myself have diagnosed this:

Situation: Two PWM controlled fan used in PUSH PULL config.

1) all via MOLEX : PWM FANS have four pins. So a Molex to 3 pin where all the three pins physically exist is required. (Till day i have not seen one) What i have seen is a 4pin Molex to Two pin for NON-PWM fans. Can a two pin connector be used for PWM fan without any issue?
2)1 molex ,1 mobo: Same problem for Molex as stated in point 1. In MOBO, 4 pin fan connector is only one and this is for PWM fan.(although this can be used for NON-PWM fans also). So with the molex option gone either push or pull.
3)all mobo but 3 pins & 4 pins: All the chassis fan connectors are of 3 pins and CPU fan is 4 pin. So connecting 2 PWM fans one in a 3PIN and another in 4PIN will give some unbalanced air flow IMO.
4)Y cable via mobo: I do not know whether it is very safe to draw power from one connector of MOBO for two high RPMfans.

So solution:
1) there should be TWO 4 PIN fan connectors in Mobo(Mobo companies should think of this now as more and more overclocingis going to happen) Result - CONTROLLED SPIN)
2) Molex converter with all 4pins physically existing(CONTROLLED SPIN) or at least 3 pins physically.(100% SPINNING)

That is why i am very eager to see a PUSH PULL connection pics with proper explanation.

Last edited by avichandana20000; 29-10-11 at 01:28 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply