Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > PC Buying Help
Register Forgot Password?

Old 03-08-13   #1
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Back at [E] atlast !

Proci , Board and Ram , HDD in 20k

I need help in buying/building a new PC. My budget and requirements are as follows:
  • Budget: : 20k
  • Existing hardware setup: : NZXT Elite 210 , Seagate 1TB , CX430 , LG DVD Writer , LG Monitor 18.5''
  • Components from the existing setup that you intend to keep: : Everything
  • Components that you have in mind for your new PC: : Processor , Motherboard , Ram
  • Plans to upgrade in the future: : 5years or so.
  • Places from where you will buy components along with your location: : Lamington or Online if cheap deals.
  • Are you comfortable with buying secondhand components from the Erodov market? : : Yes , Ram and 500GB HDD.
  • Intended use of the PC [gaming/office use/rendering/HD playback etc] : : Gaming , Video EDIting , Office use.
  • Brand preferences: : any
  • Monitor resolution and size: : 18.5'' 1366x768
  • Will you be overclocking your setup?: : nope
  • Which OS will you use?: windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 8

Heys guys , yesterday my motherboard and proci got fried after 5years and i am out of order. Need all of your help from mods,and all others.

As per budget i am thinking of Haswell setup if possible. I am gonna buy a GTX650Ti boost after this setup comes for my gaming needs.
So guys i want you all to help me !
Dont have any brand preferences so can get any and please suggest me ! Thanks !
Also guys i wanted a used 500GB HDD in warranty if possible. Please suggest me if any deals are there in our erodov market .

Thankyou u all for your time guys ! Cheers !

RIG IN PROGRESS

Last edited by Parth SK Tank; 03-08-13 at 07:05 PM.
Parth SK Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-13   #2
Patient_Zero
Community Moderator
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Re: Proci , Board and Ram , HDD in 20k

The PSU you have dosen't support the low sleep power consuption states of Haswell. So, wouldn't suggest Haswell at all.

Regarding your budget, i suggest these:

Core i5 3470= 12k

Gigabyte B75M-D3H= 4k

GSkill RipjawsX 2x4GB 1600mhz= 4.5k

TOTAL= 20.5k
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-13   #3
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

Your psu won't support the haswell cpu(as it has a low power sleep feature and the haswell ready psus won't shutdown and continues the sleeping mode )
So ivybridge/any amd piledriver is the option for you.
If you want ivy bridge @realandR3cys has given you the best possible option(as you mentioned you don't need to oc).
For amd system
Amd fx 6300 @ 7500(as you don't oc so at stock 3.5ghz & turbo 4.1ghz its best suited for gaming at this price)
Asus M5A88 @ 5k or less(it has all the features you need)
Corsair or gskill 1600mhz 2X4gb @ 4.5k
Wd caviar blue 500gb @ 3k
Total(cpu+mb+8gb ram+500gb hdd) @ 20k
uniquegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13   #4
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Back at [E] atlast !

Parth SK Tank is Mysterious

Originally Posted by uniquegamer View Post
Your psu won't support the haswell cpu(as it has a low power sleep feature and the haswell ready psus won't shutdown and continues the sleeping mode )
If you want ivy bridge @realandR3cys has given you the best possible option(as you mentioned you don't need to oc).
For amd system
Amd fx 6300 @ 7500(as you don't oc so at stock 3.5ghz & turbo 4.1ghz its best suited for gaming at this price)

so which psu should I get to run the haswell setup ?? Anything cheap please . Ty for advices
Old 04-08-13   #5
Patient_Zero
Community Moderator
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Originally Posted by Parth SK Tank View Post
so which psu should I get to run the haswell setup ?? Anything cheap please . Ty for advices
The least costing Haswell ready PSU is Corsair GS600.
Old 04-08-13   #6
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Back at [E] atlast !

For amd system
Originally Posted by realandR3cys View Post
The following Cooler Master units are all listed as "Haswell-ready."

V Series: V700, V850, V1000
Silent Pro Platinum: 550W, 1000W
Silent Pro Gold: 450W, 550W, 600W, 700W, 800W, 1000W, 1200W
Silent Pro Hybrid: 850W, 1050W, 1300W
Silent Pro M2: 420W, 520W, 620W, 720W, 850W, 1000W, 1500W
Silent Pro M: 500W, 600W, 700W, 850W, 1000W
GX2: 450W, 550W, 650W, 750W
GX: 400W, 450W, 550W, 650W, 750W
GXL: 500W, 600W, 700W
i Series: i500, i600, i700
G Series: G500, G600, G700
Thunder M: 420W, 520W, 620W
Thunder: 450W, 500W, 600W, 700W
B500, B600, B700
EX2: 475W, 525W, 625W, 725W
EX: 350W, 400W, 460W, 500W, 550W, 600W, 650W, 700W
Elite: 350W, 400W, 460W
Cooler Master also proposes a workaround for PSUs that may lack support:

Should customers experience problems nevertheless, or would like to enable the advanced power saving mode on older power supplies that might not support it, there is a simple fix. Simply adding a single silent case fan to the system, connected to the power supply, should provide enough additional load to keep the system running in advanced power saving mode. The only disadvantage would be that power savings in idle mode on such a system would only surmount to around 2-3W instead of ~5W.

What about this guys ?
It also states that the cheap Thunder Series is also compatible with it ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
I can change my CX430 with the thunder for this compatibility and also gonna add a gtx650ti booost in future . What do u guys say ?

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

This is the link bro " Cooler Master's PSU Haswell Ready "

What about it then ?
Old 04-08-13   #7
Patient_Zero
Community Moderator
Zombie Enthusiast

Don't ever get CM PSUs. And i mean it. I have lot of examples of blown up CM PSUs.
And i don't know how CM are claiming all their PSUs are Haswell ready. I mean even the cheaper "Elite" series?

Something seems not right.
Even Seasonic's S12ii 520, which is a 80+ bronze rated PSU, and it's quality is much much better than half of all CM's PSUs, is "not" Haswell ready. Forget Elite series.

I seriously don't trust this :|
Old 04-08-13   #8
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

Your psu is a good one and also better than those cm elite series.
Only the CM silent series psu are the best that CM has to offer as a psu and other series are not good enough.
You can get a corsair gs600 or seasonic s12ii 520/620 depending upon your budget.
They are best for a medium budget level gaming rig.
uniquegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-13   #9
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Bazinga!

Dante is very Notable

Well you don't need to worry about your psu. It'll work just fine with haswell. Only the low power states will not be supported. These power states can be and are usually disabled from the bios menu, as most mobo manufacturers know that most people don't have haswell compatible psu. Others who have such psus, needs to enable these states. You'll just loose the extra power saving features of haswell. Although i am pretty sure you won't be able to get a haswell in your budget. At your budget the best option would be to go with the configuration suggested by realandR3cys. Although you could also go for an AMD build which'll provide you a better upgrade path:

Processor: AMD FX-8320 (FD8320FRHKBOX) Processor - Buy Computer Components @ Best Price | Snapdeal ~ 9.9k
Motherbooard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ~ 6.5k
Rest on RAM

This system will be slightly slower then the i5 based system in gaming, but will provide you a better upgrade path. If you ain't gonna upgrade in the near future then you should stick with intel.
Parth SK Tank likes this.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-13   #10
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Back at [E] atlast !

Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Well you don't need to worry about your psu. It'll work just fine with haswell. Only the low power states will not be supported. These power states can be and are usually disabled from the bios menu, as most mobo manufacturers know that most people don't have haswell compatible psu. Others who have such psus, needs to enable these states. You'll just loose the extra power saving features of haswell. Although i am pretty sure you won't be able to get a haswell in your budget. At your budget the best option would be to go with the configuration suggested by realandR3cys. Although you could also go for an AMD build which'll provide you a better upgrade path:

Processor: AMD FX-8320 (FD8320FRHKBOX) Processor - Buy Computer Components @ Best Price | Snapdeal ~ 9.9k
Rest on RAM

This system will be slightly slower then the i5 based system in gaming, but will provide you a better upgrade path. If you ain't gonna upgrade in the near future then you should stick with intel.
surely i aint gonna upgrade my pc for 4-5years once i build it.
Also i5-4430 and a equivalent mobo h87 = 6k , so i have a chance to get haswell , but i also wanted a second hand 500gb or 320gb or 280gb HDD for movies and data storage so the budget for the HDD is different i.e 2k .

So if possible please suggest me haswell build.And thanks @Dante for helping me out in the psu part , else i had to buy the GS600 that costed me another 5k , Thanks !
Old 05-08-13   #11
Patient_Zero
Community Moderator
Zombie Enthusiast

Well, there apparently isn't any options to disable the C6/C7 power settings. In BIOS they are known as "Lowest CPU Idle Power Settings".
Here's a SS:

http://i.imgur.com/BrzWEOi.jpg

Config:
i5 4670K
MSI Z87 MPower
GSkill RipjawsX 2x4GB 1600mhz
Corsair TX750V2

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

And BTW these are the Advanced Power Settings.
Old 06-08-13   #12
teh geeK!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Timon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly Admirable

@Parth SK Tank

I'm also suggesting that your PSU is not good enough for your RIG in future sake...

You will face lot's of issue in future... So if you want to go with HASWELL processor, you have to go with better PSU.

It's just my suggestion....

But i will come with a better idea... Check this link bro..

haswell compatibility with corsair power supplies

Timon.....
NZXT Gamma| Gigabyte MA790GP-UD4H| Amd Phenomâ„¢ II X2 555 3.21Ghz| Amd Phenomâ„¢ II X2 550 3.21Ghz| Sumsung B2030 20'5 Inch| EVGA GTX550Ti 1GB GDDR5| ATI Radeon 4350 1GB GDDR2| 1x2Gb xms2 Corsair Gaming Boost 800MHZ| VX450 Corsair| Altec Lensing VS4121 2.1| PhilipsSHP2500, Blue 800| WD2TB, 2x500GB Caviar Green,WD 320GB| Portable 1TB, 500GB Seagate 2.0,40GB From Hitachi 2.0| CMTX3| APC Back-UPS RS 800VA 230V| Logitech Combo| Samsung 22X SATA DVD Writer, Sony 24X Sata DVD Writer| Corsair H80

Last edited by Timon; 06-08-13 at 12:50 AM.
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13   #13
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Bazinga!

Dante is very Notable

Well here's what you should get:

Processor: i5 4430 ~ 13k
Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Motherboard - MSI: Flipkart.com ~ 6.5k
/Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H ~ 6.5k
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2* 4GB 1600MHz / GSkill ~ 5k

Also realandR3cys and Timon are right, it would be a good idea to upgrade the PSU first. But it would not be the case that you'll not be able to run this build on your current PSU. Even if those power states disable option is not available in the motherboard, you should be able to run the build properly without any issues, just make sure the pc don't go in these low power states i.e never let the pc go to a sleep state. This will you more idea What Enabling C6/C7 Low-Power States Do on the Core i7-4770K Haswell CPU - Are C6 and C7 Power States Worth Enabling on Haswell? - Legit Reviews. And i think the option to disable those power states might come after a bios update if it's not already available.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13   #14
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Back at [E] atlast !

Well here's what you should get:

Processor: i5 4430 ~ 13k
Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Motherboard - MSI: Flipkart.com ~ 6.5k
/Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H ~ 6.5k
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2* 4GB 1600MHz / GSkill ~ 5k

Also realandR3cys and Timon are right, it would be a good idea to upgrade the PSU first. But it would not be the case that you'll not be able to run this build on your current PSU. Even if those power states disable option is not available in the motherboard, you should be able to run the build properly without any issues, just make sure the pc don't go in these low power states i.e never let the pc go to a sleep state. This will you more idea What Enabling C6/C7 Low-Power States Do on the Core i7-4770K Haswell CPU - Are C6 and C7 Power States Worth Enabling on Haswell? - Legit Reviews. And i think the option to disable those power states might come after a bios update if it's not already available.
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
@Parth SK Tank

I'm also suggesting that your PSU is not good enough for your RIG in future sake...

You will face lot's of issue in future... So if you want to go with HASWELL processor, you have to go with better PSU.

It's just my suggestion....

But i will come with a better idea... Check this link bro..

haswell compatibility with corsair power supplies

Timon.....
Well, there apparently isn't any options to disable the C6/C7 power settings. In BIOS they are known as "Lowest CPU Idle Power Settings".
Here's a SS:

http://i.imgur.com/BrzWEOi.jpg

Config:
i5 4670K
MSI Z87 MPower
GSkill RipjawsX 2x4GB 1600mhz
Corsair TX750V2

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

And BTW these are the Advanced Power Settings.

Rest on RAM

Your psu is a good one and also better than those cm elite series.
Only the CM silent series psu are the best that CM has to offer as a psu and other series are not good enough.
You can get a corsair gs600 or seasonic s12ii 520/620 depending upon your budget.
They are best for a medium budget level gaming rig.

Thanks guys for your valuable suggestion ! Will now build a haswell based system thanks to you guys !
Also more and more suggestions or advices or information are welcomed !

Regards
Parth SK Tank
Old 06-08-13   #15
Patient_Zero
Community Moderator
Zombie Enthusiast

Just install some extra case fans if you don't want the PC to crash when your PC even goes into sleep mode.
The case fans would help consuming certain power from the PSU, and thus the system wouldn't crash.
Post New Thread  Reply