Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Storage Solutions
Register Forgot Password?

Old 03-02-13   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Exclamation Problem: Seagate GoFlex 1TB Not Working. Help !!

I have a Seagate GoFlex Desk 1TB Hard disk. It's got an external power adapter.

The last time i used it (probably 2 weeks ago) it was working fine... but now when i connect the HD to my pc, its not showing.. but the lights on the hdd turn ON.
my pc makes a sound indicating that a usb device has been connected... but the only drive that shows in 'MY Computer' is an unopenable and unidentified drive letter.
I tried running SeaTools, but it also failed to detect the disk.

What scares me the most is that the HDD makes a ticking sound every 7-10 seconds..
I tried the hdd on my LCD TV (which usually detects it without problems) but it was not showing..

I dont know whats happening to my HDD..
The thing is i've go lots of movies and music loaded on the drive... and it breaks my heart just by thinking of losing all of it. ;-(

Please help me somebody... my hdd has a limited warrranty of 3 years.. (more than 1 and 1/2 year remains)

I read an article on erodov that some guy had resolved a similiar issue by doing this - the HDD (in case of faulty power adapter) can be dismantled and can be directly connected to the pc via PSU power cables and also SATA data cable. Should i do this ?

Can someone please guide me on what to do?? I am really worried....
ssrndrnth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-13   #2
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Ancient Philospher

manu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirable
Re: Problem: Seagate GoFlex 1TB Not Working. Help !!

Originally Posted by ssrndrnth View Post
I read an article on erodov that some guy had resolved a similiar issue by doing this - the HDD (in case of faulty power adapter) can be dismantled and can be directly connected to the pc via PSU power cables and also SATA data cable. Should i do this ?
]
Wouldn't recommend it because that would void warranty.
manu1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-13   #3
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Lost Soul

tkin is Notable

Get RMA and this is the reason you should backup everything on DVDs or use two external hdds like I do, I have backups of my backups of backups(HDD->External 1->External 2).

HDDs are completely unreliable.
tkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-13   #4
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

^+1
Hdds are very unreliable these days
I'll have a heart attack if my 1tb external HDD does anything wrong
Originally Posted by ssrndrnth View Post
the HDD (in case of faulty power adapter) can be dismantled and can be directly connected to the pc via PSU power cables and also SATA data cable. Should i do this ?
Don't do this .It will void the warranty
Does it makes spinning?
Have you tried another(similar) usb cable?
uniquegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply