Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 08-07-12   #46
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery
idea Re: Please Drive Carefully, Respecting Others on the Road in These Monsoons

Originally Posted by dexterboygenius View Post
The only 'fact' you are sure of is that you are right.. which doesn't exactly lend you any credibility.

Im guess your bike riding skills aren't up to the mark so you decided to wait for a car.. good move for you I think. Not all have that luxury.

And trying to compare value of life to the need to two wheelers.. well simply shows how out of touch you are with the real world.

I can't say bout your logic but if you rolled down the tinted windows of your car, you'll see that there is whole another world out there.. yes these people do risk their lives every day for their loved ones.

Your so called personal logic and perspective applies only to you so try not to crucify others with it..

Argue all you want, throw in words like ego, love, safety. and your 'facts'.. but i hope you realise that this thing called Reality supercedes all.
Tinted windows? I thought those were banned by the Supreme Court (and for good measure.) Even though I had to get the light hints I had on my car windows removed, I like the fact that those stupid car drivers who think they are king sitting behind their tinted windows are now visible in public. Road rage should reduce a little bit now.
ManISinJpr likes this.

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12   #47
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Rig Gallery

wingzero is extremely Renowned
wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned
Re: Please Drive Carefully, Respecting Others on the Road in These Monsoons

Originally Posted by KiD0M4N View Post
Tinted windows? I thought those were banned by the Supreme Court (and for good measure.) Even though I had to get the light hints I had on my car windows removed, I like the fact that those stupid car drivers who think they are king sitting behind their tinted windows are now visible in public. Road rage should reduce a little bit now.
Yes it has been banned but i still get to see many cars with tinted windows and they pass right through the traffic police with big hoardings at roadside picturing 'Tinted windows crossed out'.

Guides n Reviews :
wingzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12   #48
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

I will still ask the original question which I had asked. Lets say you are a pro car driver (no road rage and all) and a stupid teenager on a "cheap" bike (death trap) commits a mistake and you car (not you) makes him go down on the road. Would you not look back twice and see to him?
It all depends.

I would stop and help, that's the kind of guy I am, but I'd tell the biker on his face, what I said in this thread.
I've done it before in fact.

Yep, there is a limit of tints on the windows. X amount of light must pass through (Not sure about the "X"). Spent f'ing 40k on my mums Innova's tints, which are in the legal limit and stop 99% of harmful radiation.
The black tints, which stop the radiation too, but are illegal are much cheaper.

I did want the dark tints, because I don't like people looking inside (specially beggars, hawkers, etc.), but my dad hasn't allowed me to put them yet.
We got 3M tints, again legal limit, free with the car.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Originally Posted by dexterboygenius View Post
The only 'fact' you are sure of is that you are right.. which doesn't exactly lend you any credibility.

Im guess your bike riding skills aren't up to the mark so you decided to wait for a car.. good move for you I think. Not all have that luxury.

And trying to compare value of life to the need to two wheelers.. well simply shows how out of touch you are with the real world.

I can't say bout your logic but if you rolled down the tinted windows of your car, you'll see that there is whole another world out there.. yes these people do risk their lives every day for their loved ones.

Your so called personal logic and perspective applies only to you so try not to crucify others with it..

Argue all you want, throw in words like ego, love, safety. and your 'facts'.. but i hope you realise that this thing called Reality supercedes all.
Again, the reality is that bikers risk their life everyday on their bike, for no reason at all.
There are other, safer ways to travel.

All I was saying earlier in the thread is, don't blame the car driver when you fall of your bike, even if the car "splashed water on you", which by the way, happens by mistake 99% of the time. It isn't their fault, even if the car made a mistake, you're in danger, not the car driver.

In fact, I should encourage bike riding. Our population will come down. Good na?
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12   #49
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned
Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
It all depends.

I would stop and help, that's the kind of guy I am, but I'd tell the biker on his face, what I said in this thread.
I've done it before in fact.

Yep, there is a limit of tints on the windows. X amount of light must pass through (Not sure about the "X"). Spent f'ing 40k on my mums Innova's tints, which are in the legal limit and stop 99% of harmful radiation.
The black tints, which stop the radiation too, but are illegal are much cheaper.

I did want the dark tints, because I don't like people looking inside (specially beggars, hawkers, etc.), but my dad hasn't allowed me to put them yet.
We got 3M tints, again legal limit, free with the car.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Again, the reality is that bikers risk their life everyday on their bike, for no reason at all.
There are other, safer ways to travel.

All I was saying earlier in the thread is, don't blame the car driver when you fall of your bike, even if the car "splashed water on you", which by the way, happens by mistake 99% of the time. It isn't their fault, even if the car made a mistake, you're in danger, not the car driver.

In fact, I should encourage bike riding. Our population will come down. Good na?
Of course the splashing thing happens by accident mostly.. Since its a very real fact that a careless car driver will cause more damage than a careless biker.. so It puts more responsibility on the car folk to be better at the road..

A car might get a dent but a biker or even a pedestrian might loose some body part..

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12   #50
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

But still we see Bikers driving like total fools on the road, cutting between cars and squeezing between 2 foot gaps.

For what joy? Those type of bikers get no remorse from me, when they fall and possibly die.
Old 08-07-12   #51
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

mekanik is very Respectfulmekanik is very Respectful

^if those type of driving caused problems only to them it would have been fine.. but such foolish driving causes more serious accidents like the guy behind the bike rider will try to avoid a accident and brake hard and bhamm and accident for the guy behind the bike/auto driver..
mekanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12   #52
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
But still we see Bikers driving like total fools on the road, cutting between cars and squeezing between 2 foot gaps. For what joy? Those type of bikers get no remorse from me, when they fall and possibly die.
Not all. but its a reflects poorly to generalize.

If someone whether pedestrian biker or car-driver isnt carefull.. they will ultimately meet the same fate.
and even being careful all through their life might fall prey to someone elses carelessness.. such is life
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12   #53
tpi
teh nuB!
I am diabetic,are you?

tpi is Mysterious

Wishing you a fast recovery.I know how much it pains when you hit road in a case like this.
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 08-07-12   #54
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

tech is Mysterious

@Ad1tya - from your post it seems you are unaware that now all tints are banned by supreme govt. even 1 % tint is ILLEGAL . you are now liable to be prosecuted if cops catch you .
tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-12   #55
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by tech View Post
@Ad1tya - from your post it seems you are unaware that now all tints are banned by supreme govt. even 1 % tint is ILLEGAL . you are now liable to be prosecuted if cops catch you .
Manufacturer tints are fine.

Also, my tints are barely visible as a tint, which is what I hate in fact.

Also, in Mumbai, they catch you for really dark tints, and that too not all the time. The fine is a meagre amount, hence the bribe is even lesser.
Old 09-07-12   #56
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

Am a biker, but this has gone way to out to respond to anything in complete sense.
mohitgamer likes this.
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-12   #57
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great
Originally Posted by tech View Post
In Mumbai hell lot of vehicles are tinted....my dad bought an i20last year...he is always very careful in driving and maintenance.... but then I noticed 2 big scratches on the left front door...he said bikers did those...and that he was sick of getting the scratches removed and the car repainted....on Mumbai bikers are very insensitive....e.g. I was in an auto-rickshaw the other day...wasent raining but there was a huge puddle on the left of where my auto was standing...since everyone noticed the puddle...no one was crossing from the left....and then came 2 bikers apparently racing each other ....and in a second I'm wet from head to toe in dirty shit water....and so is the auto and its driver..... felt like abusing the drivers and beating them up....or kicking them when I cross them...exactly like road rash ...but then the signal turned green...

sohail99 likes this.
prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-12   #58
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!

Oh the signal turning green! That is one of those things in the world, which kind of resets the shit and makes all good and rosy.
tech likes this.
KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-12   #59
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I have set my status just now.

sunny4691 is very Notable

Manish sir, have a fast recovery and get well soon.
ManISinJpr likes this.

Intel Xeon w3520 | Msi Big Bang xPower X58 | 2 x GTX 680 SLI | Ocz Platinum 3x2gb 1600mhz CL7 | Seagate 1TB | Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000w | Lancool Dragonlord k62 | Samsung S22B370H LED | Razer Abyssus | Google NEXUS 4 | HTC DROID DNA | LG G2 32GB | LG G3 32GB
sunny4691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-12   #60
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Oh the signal turning green! That is one of those things in the world, which kind of resets the shit and makes all good and rosy.
I think he meant that the bikers rode off.
Post New Thread  Reply