Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 06-07-12   #31
Jeebus
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
forgiving your sins

Re: Please Drive Carefully, Respecting Others on the Road in These Monsoons

Originally Posted by KiD0M4N View Post
And you were ?
Taller than bigger than him for sure .

But the point is the old man spoke like for few mins on top of his voice using some amazing British English, he should have rather taken it easy and understand that these things are bound under rainy condition anywhere.

RajaPraveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12   #32
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Yes, these injuries do take a long time.. and I have to be careful.. thanks for advice..
Originally Posted by KiD0M4N View Post
Well the ankel is always a sore area when injured. Walk gingerly till you regain full confidence.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

I drive a car only, mostly.. this was a hurried up visit that I had to do and coz of the time I took the scooter..
but I have driven on all roads in India !! and wouldn't give such a general statement to anybody ever..
you drive on roads. I did professionally so I know more to say that I was just wanting to create some awareness about responsible driving and respecting other vehicles.
bikers also are at fault and I would'nt encourage that unruly driving there too..

Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
You tell me, how many times has a bike cut off a car, in comparison to a car cutting off a bike?

2 times more?.. 3 times more?.. 10 times more?.. I think 10 times is also an understatement.

Most bikers are the culprits for most car+bike related accidents.

I won't stand for bikers blaming car drivers for everything bad that happens to them. It's their fault for driving a bike. Period.

They don't value their life, but expect us to?.. Please.

Edit: @KiD0M4N, a splash can also be a mistake. It's not like we do it purposely.

Not all car drivers are saints. But the ratio of rash drivers to normal drivers in cars, is nothing compared to the amount of rash bike drivers.
dexbg likes this.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12   #33
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by manisinjpr ♦ View Post
i drive a car only, mostly.. This was a hurried up visit that i had to do and coz of the time i took the scooter.. But i have driven on all roads in india !! And wouldn't give such a general statement to anybody ever.. You drive on roads. I did professionally so i know more to say that i was just wanting to create some awareness about responsible driving and respecting other vehicles. Bikers also are at fault and i would'nt encourage that unruly driving there too..
qft
tech likes this.

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12   #34
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great
Ooh and talking about respecting others.

Example of what happened just now.

I parked on the side of the road. In about ten minutes, a biker came and parked right in front of me (no more than an inch to move) and in another 5 minutes, another parked behind me.

I wasn't able to get out of the parking spot as there were no more than 2-3 inches total in front and behind. (I must add, there was ample place to park without impeding me.)

This isn't the first time, FYI. So yes, bikers can go f' themselves.
These type of people deserve no respect on the road or otherwise.
ManISinJpr likes this.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12   #35
teh Paint Whisperer!
Whispering to my i20

sohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Greatsohail99 is simply Great

I parked on the side of the road. In about ten minutes, a biker came and parked right in front of me (no more than an inch to move) and in another 5 minutes, another parked behind me.

I wasn't able to get out of the parking spot as there were no more than 2-3 inches total in front and behind. (I must add, there was ample place to park without impeding me.)

OMG! Exact same thing happens here too!!!

ManISinJpr likes this.
Originally Posted by Chief-Techie View Post
Karan was in his Fantasy World Dreaming Adi Wearing a Red Dress & then Sending a Red Hot Msg

sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12   #36
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Yes, the guys who don't respect others rights and rules have no right to be driving on roads !
I speak without prejudice to all automobile owners !

fleshfragger likes this.
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12   #37
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

tech is Mysterious

You tell me, how many times has a bike cut off a car, in comparison to a car cutting off a bike?

2 times more?.. 3 times more?.. 10 times more?.. I think 10 times is also an understatement.

Most bikers are the culprits for most car+bike related accidents.

I won't stand for bikers blaming car drivers for everything bad that happens to them. It's their fault for driving a bike. Period.

They don't value their life, but expect us to?.. Please.

Edit: @KiD0M4N, a splash can also be a mistake. It's not like we do it purposely.

Not all car drivers are saints. But the ratio of rash drivers to normal drivers in cars, is nothing compared to the amount of rash bike drivers.
you sound like a total idiot here when you make such sweeping statements .bikes cut off cars more as its easier in a bike , same way i can say car drivers are always overspeeding on highways where max limit is 80 and on some rare stretches 90 . not to mention the fact that 2 wheelers are 10-15 times more in numbers on indian roads so statistically they will commit more offenses .

not everyone can afford a car buddy . another thing i want to point out is majority of the rash bike riders are youngsters . when they get older and mature and have money they buy car and drive better . youngsters in cars also drive rashly who get vehicles due to being richer .
dexbg and harryneopotter like this.
tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-12   #38
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

A biker making driving error might inconvenience the car-folk but a car making driving error may cause a biker to loose his life ..
Old 08-07-12   #39
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Originally Posted by tech View Post
you sound like a total idiot here when you make such sweeping statements .bikes cut off cars more as its easier in a bike , same way i can say car drivers are always overspeeding on highways where max limit is 80 and on some rare stretches 90 . not to mention the fact that 2 wheelers are 10-15 times more in numbers on indian roads so statistically they will commit more offenses .

not everyone can afford a car buddy . another thing i want to point out is majority of the rash bike riders are youngsters . when they get older and mature and have money they buy car and drive better . youngsters in cars also drive rashly who get vehicles due to being richer .
Yes, I know there are a lot more two-wheelers in the country. But does that give bikers the license to cut around and drive like a dick? No, it doesn't.
Does that change the fact, that the are more rash bike drivers as compared to rash car drivers? No.

Originally Posted by dexterboygenius View Post
A biker making driving error might inconvenience the car-folk but a car making driving error may cause a biker to loose his life ..
So who's fault is that?.. In my eyes, it's the bikers. Because he's riding an unsafe vehicle in the first place.
If you can't afford a car, use public transport. If you die riding a bike, it's your fault for riding a bike in the first place. Simple.

Last edited by Ad1tya; 08-07-12 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-07-12   #40
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

tech is Mysterious

Yes, I know there are a lot more two-wheelers in the country. But does that give bikers the license to cut around and drive like a dick? No, it doesn't.
Does that change the fact, that the are more rash bike drivers as compared to rash car drivers? No.

If you can't afford a car, use public transport. If you die riding a bike, it's your fault for riding a bike in the first place. Simple.
its not that simple , public transport can never provide the last mile connectivity , you cant expect evry one to walk kms n kms to their homes or pay exorbitant rates to autos etc . use some brains and logic . and % of bikers being rash drivers compared to % of 4 wheel drivers without taking absolute numbers is your own silly imagination and individual experiences . unless you can back it up with cold hard facts its just your viewpoint nothing else . you are entitled to your view but dont make general statements based on cliches and stereotypes .
harryneopotter and Hitesh12 like this.
tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12   #41
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

So who's fault is that?.. In my eyes, it's the bikers. Because he's riding an unsafe vehicle in the first place. If you can't afford a car, use public transport. If you die riding a bike, it's your fault for riding a bike in the first place. Simple.
Its good you keep reminding us that all this is entirely your personal belief not backed up any fact or logic and conveniently leaves you an easy way out whenever confronted with simple rebuttals ..

Take care & Gud nite.
harryneopotter likes this.
Old 08-07-12   #42
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by tech View Post
its not that simple , public transport can never provide the last mile connectivity , you cant expect evry one to walk kms n kms to their homes or pay exorbitant rates to autos etc . use some brains and logic . and % of bikers being rash drivers compared to % of 4 wheel drivers without taking absolute numbers is your own silly imagination and individual experiences . unless you can back it up with cold hard facts its just your viewpoint nothing else . you are entitled to your view but dont make general statements based on cliches and stereotypes .
Pinched a bikers nerve, did I?

Hard facts about rash drivers? What am I? ARAI or something?
Everything we share in a forum, on a topic like this, is our own experience and views. Just like you shared earlier.

A couple of years back, when I was working, because I couldn't afford to drive to work everyday, I use to take a Taxi, Train then Rickshaw to work and back everyday.
I even toyed with the idea of a bike. Then I realised that my love is too precious to me and to my loved ones, to risk life everyday on a death trap.
Hence, I continued with the gruelling public transport system, which turned out to be cheaper than buying and using a bike, FYI.
Old 08-07-12   #43
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by dexterboygenius View Post
Its good you keep reminding us that all this is entirely your personal belief not backed up any fact or logic and conveniently leaves you an easy way out whenever confronted with simple rebuttals ..

Take care & Gud nite.
The fact is, that you know I'm right and you ego doesn't want to let you accept it.

No logic in valuing my life? Okay.

If it's logical to use a bike everyday, putting put your life at risk, then I'm happy that I have no "logic".
Old 08-07-12   #44
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!

I will still ask the original question which I had asked. Lets say you are a pro car driver (no road rage and all) and a stupid teenager on a "cheap" bike (death trap) commits a mistake and you car (not you) makes him go down on the road. Would you not look back twice and see to him?
ManISinJpr likes this.

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-12   #45
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

The fact is, that you know I'm right and you ego doesn't want to let you accept it.

No logic in valuing my life? Okay.

If it's logical to use a bike everyday, putting put your life at risk, then I'm happy that I have no "logic".
The only 'fact' you are sure of is that you are right.. which doesn't exactly lend you any credibility.

Im guess your bike riding skills aren't up to the mark so you decided to wait for a car.. good move for you I think. Not all have that luxury.

And trying to compare value of life to the need to two wheelers.. well simply shows how out of touch you are with the real world.

I can't say bout your logic but if you rolled down the tinted windows of your car, you'll see that there is whole another world out there.. yes these people do risk their lives every day for their loved ones.

Your so called personal logic and perspective applies only to you so try not to crucify others with it..

Argue all you want, throw in words like ego, love, safety. and your 'facts'.. but i hope you realise that this thing called Reality supercedes all.
harryneopotter and wingzero like this.
Post New Thread  Reply