Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 03-08-12   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Playing Video Games is Harmful ?

playing video games is harmful ?

what is the effect of video games on children body...............
DavidBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-12   #2
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great
Re: Playing Video Games is Harmful ?

Lol.
I've been playing games since I was 7 and no harmful effects so far.
I'll let you know when "violent" video games make me want to kill people.
GTX580 Twin Frozr II
Silent Pro M700
Tempest 410 Elite
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-12   #3
teh nuB!

DavidBell is Mysterious

on hart
DavidBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-12   #4
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Hurr durr durr durhurr durr hu

Regranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply Great

What's a 'hart'?
Old 03-08-12   #5
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Playing video games makes children murderers and cannibals. After an intense session of Fruit Ninja, a kid in my neighborhood killed and ate the Domino's pizza delivery man because he was five minutes late. There is also evidence that Hitler also played video games before taking genocidal policy decisions.
Old 03-08-12   #6
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
?....

aayush151 is Mysterious
Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
Playing video games makes children murderers and cannibals. After an intense session of Fruit Ninja, a kid in my neighborhood killed and ate the Domino's pizza delivery man because he was five minutes late. There is also evidence that Hitler also played video games before taking genocidal policy decisions.
What an Awesome Kid ..

aayush151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-12   #7
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Not only that.

Playing Video games gives you genital warts and boils all over your body.

You transform into this hideous creature that everyone wants to kill at sight.

So don't play games. They are horrible for you.
Instead, waste time watching K Serials, Movies like Jism 2 and become a couch potato, which is much better than playing games.
syedthedevil and prateekS like this.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-12   #8
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

DrainBamaged is Notable
Don't listen to ^these kids.
ACTUALLY from my personal experience so far I haven't killed anyone YET, but I did go on a threat rampage at a office nearby in winter.
You may have read it on the news that a 16 yr boy goes on a threat rampage with a glock, ak47, he grenade, two flashbangs and a smoke nade holding 5 people hostage at a cs unit of a office while it was snowing outside.
While the swat team was busy rescuing the hostages.

BU I DID NOT KILL ANYONE, though I smoked and naded the staircase hallway. And fired a couple of ak rounds, getting the ct's hp down.
No one was killed.
I was called a noob but who cares right?!

Bah! That was 2 years ago.

O.o Sent via Tapatalk using GT-I9103 o.O
DrainBamaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-12   #9
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Hurr durr durr durhurr durr hu

Regranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply Great

Dude I killed so many people on COD and BF I mentioned it on my CV. I got recruited by the army immediately.

Violent video games are very good for us, aren't they?
mohitgamer likes this.
Regranter Maradis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-12   #10
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned

Video games like everything else .. is bad if you do it excessively and ignore other important things.

As far a behavior alternation is concerned there is not definitive proof that playing Violent video games will cause you to become sociopath or suggest homicidal tendencies unless its like that to begin with.

Violent people may play Violent games but playing violent games doesn't make you a violent person .. its that simple.

As far a physiological effect are concerned .. eye-strain and bad-posture can lead to discomfort and long term aftereffects.

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-12   #11
teh priesT!

Hitesh12 is very RespectfulHitesh12 is very Respectful

An 18 year old person died playing diablo 3 as he was playing for 48 hours straight without any food or sleep.
So my advice DO SLEEP AND EAT IN BETWEEN !
Hitesh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-12   #12
TNT
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
:censored:

TNT is very Notable

Playing video games increases your body's endurance. A researcher in England discovered that the bodies of gamers are as good as those of 60-year-old people who are capable of smoking chains.

Study: Gamers' bodies like 60-year-old chain smokers | Technically Incorrect - CNET News

As you all know, such feats require massive physical exertion and endurance. The explosion in the number of Olympic medals over the years during which there was an increase in the number of gamers worldwide, clearly proves the link between video games and athletic health.

Olympic sports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-12   #13
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by DavidBell View Post
playing video games is harmful ?
Since when.. ??
Thanks for the entertainment nevertheless.
Old 03-08-12   #14
teh nuB!
Xtreme EN!GMA

Rutvik12 is Mysterious

I do think its one of the main reasons that the younger generation(Specially kids under 12-13 Years ) are getting Violent, coz thats what they see and play. The games nowadays are Brutal and a lot of Violence is involved. But there are always two sides of a coin. It helps in improving the decision making and makes them think in dealing with certain sreal time situations. All in all, Games are good time pass for kids and they should play 'em, but I say that its also the Responsibility of the parents to keep an eye what type of games their kids are playing.. Thats it !

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Having said all that, A 18 year old guy from China died after playing Diablo 3 for 48 Hours Non-stop. The reason was that he suffered from a Cardiovascular failure, since he was sitting in the same position for 48 hours. Thats some crazzzy stuff of him, do not try this at home.
Rutvik12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-12   #15
teh priesT!
[E]onian

DaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly ReputableDaRampage is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
Not only that.

Playing Video games gives you genital warts and boils all over your body.

You transform into this hideous creature that everyone wants to kill at sight.

So don't play games. They are horrible for you.
Instead, waste time watching K Serials, Movies like Jism 2 and become a couch potato, which is much better than playing games.
Originally Posted by Regranter Maradis View Post
Dude I killed so many people on COD and BF I mentioned it on my CV. I got recruited by the army immediately.

Violent video games are very good for us, aren't they?
+1 to all 3 of you...
DaRampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply