Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Tablet Computers
Register Forgot Password?

Old 23-05-12   #1
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
veteran techie 286>Grids

Physical Stores/ Market in Mumbai/ Bombay Prefer Near Andheri for iPad Cover/ Case?

Physical Stores/ Market in Mumbai/ Bombay prefer near Andheri for iPad Cover/ Case?

Currently I just got a 2nd hand Original iPad for trial purposes. I am assuming that it will end up coming handy in my usage and within few months I will be going for the New iPad 3.

So, "cheap" covers that are for original iPad and/ or iPad 3 covers that can manage the original iPad also are what I am looking for.

I can buy Cases/ Covers from Amazon/ Newegg / DX (Deal Extreme)/ Ebay.com/ Ebay.in etc. etc.

But, until I find which is the best cover out of that entire catalog, I'd like to know where I can buy a decent TEMPORARY cover/ case for the iPad.

I'd prefer a PHYSICAL LOCATION close by in Bombay, preferably in/near/ around Andheri Area.

I want some variety and LOW pricing, that is available close by.

I am familiar with Alfa and will be going there in person as its not far.

I am thinking Lamington Rd but its a bit far and wondering if its worth going that far.

If not, I will end up doing the online purchase and wait thing.

Again, please suggest LOCAL/ Physical Locations / Shops.

Thanks.
X61T 7767-96U: 12.1"SXGA+/1.6C2D/3G/Win7ProSp1x64|Ultrabase
W510 4319-2PU: 15.6"FHD/i7-720QM/4G/Win7ProSp1x64 (for dad)
Dell:
Inspiron 9300 :
17"WUXGA/NVidiaGeForce6800/2.2PM/2G/XP (old)
crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-12   #2
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Rig Gallery

mav2000 is extemely Distinguished
mav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguished
Re: Physical Stores/ Market in Mumbai/ Bombay Prefer Near Andheri for iPad Cover/ Cas

Why dont you try Alfa in Irla...they should have it in stock.
roadrippersid likes this.
Old 23-05-12   #3
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great
Re: Physical Stores/ Market in Mumbai/ Bombay Prefer Near Andheri for iPad Cover/ Cas

I don't think any of the cases that fit the original iPad would also fit the iPad 3.

You have to get a smart cover design case with the iPad 3. Front smart cover and back protection which is compatible with the smart cover, is a great combination.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-12   #4
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
veteran techie 286>Grids

crashnburn is Notable

Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Why dont you try Alfa in Irla...they should have it in stock.
Thanks. Already on my ToDo list. (Mentioned that in my Original Post)
Any others?
Old 23-05-12   #5
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
veteran techie 286>Grids

crashnburn is Notable

Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
I don't think any of the cases that fit the original iPad would also fit the iPad 3.

You have to get a smart cover design case with the iPad 3. Front smart cover and back protection which is compatible with the smart cover, is a great combination.
Also, that iPad 2 & iPad 3 ..CAN BENEFIT from the Smart Cover 'magnetic automation'. You don't have to get a Smart Cover design for iPad 3, but a smart cover helps go on & off faster without needing to use the buttons.

I know that the size of the iPad 3 is slightly thicker.

Then again, there are several covers/ cases which are not made to FIT LIKE A GLOVE.

If some of those File Folder type (Stitched/) of cases (not casted/ Moulded to Size Plastic/ TPU/ Gel) can ACCOMODATE an ipad 3 I am sure an iPad 1 will fit in. Maybe, a little loose and maybe with a little padding behind it.

The Smart Cover may not do any magic for the iPad 1 but it will cover it? I guess.. ? Unless I am missing something here. Do enlighten me please?
And then it can be used when I get the iPad 3.

OR

I get a plain cover that can remain with the iPad 1 that I give to my parents.
Old 24-05-12   #6
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Blogging & Internt Marketi

roadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirable

Croma ? heera panna ?
Old 24-05-12   #7
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
veteran techie 286>Grids

crashnburn is Notable

Originally Posted by roadrippersid View Post
Croma ? heera panna ?
Thanks. Any others do share
Old 25-05-12   #8
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Blogging & Internt Marketi

roadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirableroadrippersid is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by crashnburn View Post
Thanks. Any others do share

try lammyington road too there are some shops there
roadrippersid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-12   #9
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Smart Cover won't attach onto the iPad 1 as it has no magnets.

Shape is wrong for the smart cover to work as well.
Old 25-05-12   #10
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
veteran techie 286>Grids

crashnburn is Notable

Smart Cover won't attach onto the iPad 1 as it has no magnets.

Shape is wrong for the smart cover to work as well.
Damn! It wont stay on due to lack of magnets inside the iPad 1?
Old 26-05-12   #11
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by crashnburn View Post
Damn! It wont stay on due to lack of magnets inside the iPad 1?
Yeah.
Old 26-05-12   #12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
veteran techie 286>Grids

crashnburn is Notable

Yeah.
Well, there is a hack for that. Also, magnets are needed for Smart Cover, not if its a Folio type cover, I think.
Post New Thread  Reply