Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > Mobile Phone Buying Advice
Register Forgot Password?

Old 28-11-10   #1
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery
Phone with GPS and Email.. Suggestion Urgent. Need to Buy Tomorrow Itself.

Hey folks,

my cousin needs to purchase a phone by tomorrow morning itself. Its urgent. He's not a fone junkie.. Need to recommend him a phone which meets his primary needs ie. Email and GPS.

He doesnt wana buy an expensiv fone for obv reasons as he has a small duaghter who likes to get techie at times

GPS, Wifi, Email, Gmail, etc are the primary needs. Cam is not a big focus point, 3.5mm jack thrown in would be recommended.

Rite now i've fixated on Nokia C6 and Nokia E5.

...please suggest as this needs to be pruchased by tomorrow morning itself. He's already using E71.
MSI Geforce GTX470 Twin Frozr II|BenQ G2420HD|Mcsft Reclusa|MX-518|NZXT Tempest EVO
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits|Logitech Z506|Philips Ear-Gear SHL5003
Android Handhelds: HTC Google Nexus One| Cyanogenmod7.1/MIUI 1.8.5 "Android 2.3.5" w/ 8gb SD|Dell Studio 15 Laptop
b00gieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-10   #2
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent
Re: Phone with GPS and Email.. Suggestion Urgent. Need to Buy Tomorrow Itself.

Go for E5, and E52, both are good phones in the same price range.
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-10   #3
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Get a Sony Xperia X10... the best there is for the uses you mentioned !

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-10   #4
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery

b00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famed

I doubt he'll go with Sony Ericsson coz of the bad exp i've had and ppl around us have had.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Plus Mini and non-min versions.. he doesnt wana spend tht much.
Old 28-11-10   #5
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

budget?

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-10   #6
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery

b00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famed

Can go till 14k ..

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Want something in Android latest 2.1 or atleast upgradable.. but factory default 2.1 will be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

How's HTC Tattoo being the chepeast Android out there?

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Or Samsung Wave?

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

+ are touch fones adivsed for rough usage?
Old 28-11-10   #7
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

Get the Wave.
Can't say about usage but mine's fine yet and then again, Nokias can survive quite a lot of abuse
Old 28-11-10   #8
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery

Okay, he doesnt wana spend for wave.. hows Wave 7233 ? @ 12k ? The only **** up is his daughter likes to use fone and u know how it goes.
Old 28-11-10   #9
teh smartie pantS!
Tinkering...

shantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by b00gieMan View Post
Okay, he doesnt wana spend for wave.. hows Wave 7233 ? @ 12k ? The only **** up is his daughter likes to use fone and u know how it goes.
Dude, just ask him to get any android phone and then lock all apps with tasker..
Old 28-11-10   #10
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery

lock the apps? lol shes a small kid, its not about using the apps... just tht the usage gets more rugged. Plus we being adults cant stop playing with touch fone.. a kid will go insane playing on it.
Old 28-11-10   #11
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

You'd be better off buying a Nokia 5230 for 7k or the upcoming C5-03 (both should be cheap and you get all the features you want but on S60V5) or the Spice MI-300 @ 9-10k (Android 2.1) or the LG Optimus One (Android 2.2) both droids with 600Mhz processors which you may even overclock! over the crap Wave 7233 with 600MHz processor and Bada OS.

If they want to sell that junk Bada OS, they better give specs like the old S8500 or price it like the cheaper Nokias.

Last edited by Free Radical; 28-11-10 at 11:26 PM.
Old 28-11-10   #12
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery

Those nokia fones are off the window.. 2ndly using such plasticy fone (5233) wont suit him for obvious reasons.. 2ndly, he's looking into android.. overclockig is something he'll never do it. He's a corporate guy. That too at one of the most higher level. Doesnt wana go with nokia anymore.. at the sametime dont wana spend on the fone taht much for the reason i mentioned.
Old 28-11-10   #13
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

LG Optimus One (or if you can wait the Optimus M) /end

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Here's a comparison of LG's Android phones:
PDAcomparer | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of Smartphone, PDA, PDA Phone, PNA, netbook & Mobile Device Specifications

Last edited by Free Radical; 28-11-10 at 11:35 PM.
Old 29-11-10   #14
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery

Have provided him the option.. will be going tomorrow... lets see which one he decides to go with.
Old 29-11-10   #15
En Taro Adun
Blank

Superfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply Great

Get the Optimus, if he uses Exchange which comes with 2.2, that phone will be really useful.

Galaxy Nexus | Samsung Series 5 Chromebook running Ubuntu!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32GB I/O Edition
My Twitter!
My Audio Gear(Past and Present)
CanJam 2010 Pictures!!
My Last.fm Page
[E]'s Twitter!
"We all got our choices to make." "Damn Shame."
Superfrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply