Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > PC Buying Help
Register Forgot Password?

Old 29-08-13   #31
teh nuB!
A mortal among Gods!

Re: PC Buying Help/ Advice

so this is the final config then

Motherboard - Intel 3.4 GHz LGA1150 Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz) Processor

Processor - Asus H87-PRO Motherboard Socket 1150

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600

Cabinet - Corsair Carbide 400R CPU

SMPS - Corsair CMPSU- GS600 600 Watts PSU

Let me know what you guys think?

Instead of corsair h100i should i go for something else? please give some options
bryanmadtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-13   #32
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

ssengupta is Mysterious

Since you are not overclocking then a CM Hyper 212 Evo will do fine.
ssengupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-13   #33
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Bazinga!

Dante is very Notable

Originally Posted by bryanmadtha View Post
so this is the final config then

Motherboard - Intel 3.4 GHz LGA1150 Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz) Processor

Processor - Asus H87-PRO Motherboard Socket 1150

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600

Cabinet - Corsair Carbide 400R CPU

SMPS - Corsair CMPSU- GS600 600 Watts PSU

Let me know what you guys think?
Yes it looks pretty good. What are you exactly going to do with this build?

Instead of corsair h100i should i go for something else? please give some options
You don't need to go with a cooler. The stock one will work just fine. However if you do want the temps to be low, you could go with what ssengupta has suggested. It is a pretty good cooler for the price. Here's a link to the cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler - Cooler Master: Flipkart.com. Although it wouldn't be a good fit with those Corsair Vengeance RAM.
So if you are going to add after market cooler later or now, it would be a good idea to get some low profile RAMS like these
Gskill 4Gb X 2 Ddr3 1600Mhz Cl9 Sniper RAM - Buy @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal
Gskill 4Gb X 2 Ddr3 1600Mhz Cl9 Ripjaws X RAM - Buy @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-13   #34
teh nuB!
A mortal among Gods!

bryanmadtha is Mysterious

Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Yes it looks pretty good. What are you exactly going to do with this build?

You don't need to go with a cooler. The stock one will work just fine. However if you do want the temps to be low, you could go with what ssengupta has suggested. It is a pretty good cooler for the price. Here's a link to the cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler - Cooler Master: Flipkart.com. Although it wouldn't be a good fit with those Corsair Vengeance RAM.
So if you are going to add after market cooler later or now, it would be a good idea to get some low profile RAMS like these
Gskill 4Gb X 2 Ddr3 1600Mhz Cl9 Sniper RAM - Buy @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal
Gskill 4Gb X 2 Ddr3 1600Mhz Cl9 Ripjaws X RAM - Buy @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal
what do yo mean by 'wouldnt be a good fit?' that they wont fit properly once i install the cooling fan or something else?
and do these gskill ram have heat spreaders as good as corsair? coz i havent heard uch about gskill rams
also, vengeance is a bit cheaper than gskill? what do you think?
Old 29-08-13   #35
teh nuB!

ssengupta is Mysterious

Gslkill is as reputed as Corsair and it will work fine. Vengeance will obstruct the installation of 212 or other tower type cooler.
Old 29-08-13   #36
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Bazinga!

Dante is very Notable

what do yo mean by 'wouldnt be a good fit?' that they wont fit properly once i install the cooling fan or something else?
The heat spreaders of Vengeance are really tall, so the CPU cooler might block the 1st slot of RAM due to the extra height of the heat spreaders.

and do these gskill ram have heat spreaders as good as corsair? coz i havent heard uch about gskill rams
TBH those heat spreaders of Vengeance are more popular for there looks rather then cooling. They don't exactly contribute much to cooling. The gskill Ripjawas X are pretty good. These latest RAM's run cool and don't need a big heat spreader unless you are overclocking them, which you are not. So you are good to go with gskill as well.
Old 29-08-13   #37
teh nuB!
A mortal among Gods!

TBH those heat spreaders of Vengeance are more popular for there looks rather then cooling. They don't exactly contribute much to cooling. The gskill Ripjawas X are pretty good. These latest RAM's run cool and don't need a big heat spreader unless you are overclocking them, which you are not. So you are good to go with gskill as well.
Thanks Dante, So i'll go with Gskill Ripjaws X Ram then...
Old 29-08-13   #38
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Bazinga!

Dante is very Notable

Thanks Dante, So i'll go with Gskill Ripjaws X Ram then...
Good luck buddy. Just make sure that you go with 1600MHz Cl9 modules. The one that i have linked.
Old 29-08-13   #39
teh nuB!
A mortal among Gods!

Good luck buddy. Just make sure that you go with 1600MHz Cl9 modules. The one that i have linked.
yea will do. Been a great help from all of u'll for all the advice. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Just wanted to confirm, are both these rams Haswell ready?
and of the two is sniper better or ripjaws??
Old 30-08-13   #40
teh nuB!

ssengupta is Mysterious

They will perform the same and both of them are Intel XMP ready. Please check the link below if you want a certified ram module for your system.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...O_DRAM_QVL.pdf
Old 30-08-13   #41
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Bazinga!

Dante is very Notable

ust wanted to confirm, are both these rams Haswell ready?
RAM's don't have to be haswell ready. They are just optimized for intel processors. The xmp profile is for intel processors.

Both are pretty similar at stock, but i would still suggest you to go with Ripjaws.
Old 30-08-13   #42
teh geeK!
[E]onian

Timon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly Admirable

Well in my suggestion also; You have to go for Ripjaws RAM. I'm using it for a long time and it's an awesome RAM in performance mate.
COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX MB520 RGB| MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI AMD| AMD Ryzen 5 3500 3rd Gen | BenQ XL2420Z 24 inch 1080P Zero Flicker Gaming| ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2070 AMP Extreme| | G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz 16 GB| Corsair TX-M Series TX850M 850 Watt| Altec Lensing VS4121 2.1| HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset| WD2x2TB, 2x500GB Caviar Green,SAMSUNG 860 EVO 2.5 inch 500GB SATA| Portable 4TB, 1TB, 2x500GB Seagate 3.0| | APC Back-UPS RS 1.1KVA 230V| ASUS Cerberus Keyboard, SteelSeries Rival 600 Gaming Mouse| Samsung 22X SATA DVD Writer, Sony 24X Sata DVD Writer|Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R RGB Liquid CPU Cooler
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-13   #43
teh nuB!
A mortal among Gods!

Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Well in my suggestion also; You have to go for Ripjaws RAM. I'm using it for a long time and it's an awesome RAM in performance mate.
Both are pretty similar at stock, but i would still suggest you to go with Ripjaws.
okay then ripjaws it is, it shoudn't obstruct the cooler installation right?
Old 30-08-13   #44
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Bazinga!

Dante is very Notable

okay then ripjaws it is, it shoudn't obstruct the cooler installation right?
It won't with just 2 modules. But in future if you want to populate all the modules you might have to shift the fan of the cooler slightly upwards. In my opinion i would just suggest you to use the stock heat sink for now. If you are not happy with the temps or it's noise only then upgrade to an after market cooler.
Old 30-08-13   #45
teh nuB!
A mortal among Gods!

It won't with just 2 modules. But in future if you want to populate all the modules you might have to shift the fan of the cooler slightly upwards. In my opinion i would just suggest you to use the stock heat sink for now. If you are not happy with the temps or it's noise only then upgrade to an after market cooler.
well i'll be using only 2 modules for now, and i dont want to upgrade anything later for sometime atleast. so ill go with the cooler then
Post New Thread  Reply