Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Tablet Computers
Register Forgot Password?

Old 08-12-12   #1
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

Icon14 Only in China: Onda V927 a 9.7" Retina Quadcore Tablet with Android for $240 !!

SO the Google and Apple and now to the gang MS are selling tablets at high prices..
well now there are more options and this is one the best options out in the world, this is Onda's 9.7" tablet with Same screen as the new iPad that is a Retina display with a resolution of 2048x1536 IPS screen and a quad core processor.
it also has the memory expansion expansion which can take upto 64GB and the onboard 16 Gb.

I think this one to beat all of them !
China's Onda was once somewhat known as a manufacturer of low-cost PMPs that packed some relatively high-end specs, but it's unsurprisingly since moved on to more of a focus on tablets. While those haven't exactly garnered much attention to date, it's latest certainly continues that high-specs / low-cost tradition. Known only as the V972, the tablet packs Android 4.1 for an OS (a 4.2 upgrade is apparently promised), and it's among the first to use Allwinner's new quad-core A31 processor. The real standout detail, though, is a 9.7-inch screen that boasts the same 2048 x 1536 resolution as the Retina iPad. Otherwise, you'll get 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, a microSD card slot, front and rear cameras, and a promised eight to ten hours of battery life -- all for $240. Those interested in taking the plunge on one will have to wait a bit longer, though -- it's currently listed as out of stock on Onda's website, and there doesn't appear to be any other retailers selling it just yet.
Chinese tablet maker Onda has unveiled one of the first tablets featuring Allwinner’s new quad-core processor. The Onda V972 is powered by an Allwinner A31 chip which features 4 ARM Cortex-A7 cores.
The tablet also features PowerVR SGX544MP2 graphics with support for HD video, 3D graphics, and high pixel displays. That’s a good thing -- because the Onda V972 also packs an iPad-like 9.7 inch, 2048 x 1536 pixel display.
Onda’s new tablet also packs 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, front and rear cameras, and an aluminum case. There’s also a microSD card slot for extra storage.
It runs Google Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, but there are already plans for an Android 4.2 software updated. The 9.7 inch tablet weighs about 1.4 pounds.
Onda says the tablet should be able to get up to 10 hours of battery life from its 8000mAh battery.
The Onda V972 should be available from the sort of shops that ship Chinese tablets to the US soon. It’s expected to sell for about $240.
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Only-...or-240_id37421

http://liliputing.com/2012/12/onda-v...e-display.html
Techie#1 likes this.

Last edited by ManISinJpr; 08-12-12 at 01:08 PM.
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-12   #2
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Rig Gallery

wingzero is extremely Renowned
wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned
Re: Only in China: Onda V927 a 9.7" Retina Quadcore Tablet with Android for $240 !!

btw i don't think the model no is V927 it's V972. earlier model was V971. Mistake by phonearena post . Check original post. Says V972.
Just for the knacks. A31 is speculated to be 2x powerful than Tegra 3.
ManISinJpr likes this.

Guides n Reviews :
wingzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-12   #3
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great
Re: Only in China: Onda V927 a 9.7" Retina Quadcore Tablet with Android for $240 !!

Yeah,ive researched all chinese tablets in the last 1 week,havent purchased one yet,turns out ainol,onda,cube and pipo are quite famous...
prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-12   #4
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Onda is the one. I wish they set up shop here. @ManISinJpr please become the distributor for this in India. :-/
Old 08-12-12   #5
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great
Does anyone suggest buying an Onda tablet? Coz this will be my first tab, and I had shortlisted ainol, pipo and cube... Ainol uses am logic proccy while pipo and cube use RK3066 or something.... Budget was 180-200$ max...

Old 08-12-12   #6
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble
If you are ordering this Prateek then contact me, as one of my friend is also inter.ested

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
Old 08-12-12   #7
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

I am ordering a tablet, not yet decided make and model, and as the article says it aint available right now...

Old 08-12-12   #8
Most Valued [E]onian
Most Valued [E]onian
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

from what I have read RK3066 is better performing than its Amlogic competitor besides being newer, but someplace I also did read that they also run hotter.
But, there is also a lot of development going on for porting Ubuntu on RK3066 devices. That means, a full blown Linux distro on a cheap tablet / tv box, whiich is awesome!
RK31xx were supposed to launch in Q4 2012, so a newer gen is also round the corner. These days, newer gen tablets are released faster than a rat's progeny
Thanks to Chinese manufacturing. I do envy them
Techie#1 and ManISinJpr like this.

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.

Last edited by Free Radical; 08-12-12 at 05:36 PM.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-12   #9
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

wingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renownedwingzero is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by prateekS View Post
Does anyone suggest buying an Onda tablet? Coz this will be my first tab, and I had shortlisted ainol, pipo and cube... Ainol uses am logic proccy while pipo and cube use RK3066 or something.... Budget was 180-200$ max...
How many would be interested in getting these?..
I would suggest Onda but not over Teclast and PiPo at the moment.
@FreeRadical i am using an RK3066 based tablet Teclat A10 dual core + quad core Mali 400 . It doesn't run hot.
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 08-12-12   #10
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

Hmm,so should i dump ainol ? coz all ainol tabs have Amlogic....while cube and pipo have RK3066...1.6 ghz dual core....i think ill wait till jan before buying one !
Old 08-12-12   #11
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

Key points.

If you find a tablet that suits your need don't go by the specs. As chinese tablets get updated in 4-6 months. That's the trend.

Before buying one do a research on the firmware support provided. Due to above mentioned reason newer tablets with less brushed firmwares are released and not polished in time but rather get taken over with newer versions with better hardware. Result - End users with older version suffer.

In this term SmartQ is the best company in terms of firmware support and way superior quality than any other chinese tablets out there and costlier as well. SmartQ T30 is current flagship which is a OMAP4470 based capable to run jellybean as well as Win RT.

Teclast and Onda would come then imo. Do mind i am going by history and firmware support is considered to a much higher degree when i suggested these two. PiPo also manufactures good quality tablets and uses superior components in few models but lacks in polished firmware. (they are getting better these days)

At the end don't go blindly by the specs. Buy the one which satisfies your need as a tablet. Currently all the RK3066 and AML8726 based tablets are quite sufficient for any type of apps you throw at them. That said at the moment these are the models i would suggest for purchase

SmartQ T30, T20 both 10.1"
Teclast A10 9.7", A11 10.1"
Onda V971
PiPo M2
Old 08-12-12   #12
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

I was looking at the pipo m2 and the U1....confused,all of the chinese brands have the same specs :| only with minor differences !
Old 08-12-12   #13
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Windows RT?? give me some links or data
Originally Posted by wingzero View Post
SmartQ T30 is current flagship which is a OMAP4470 based capable to run jellybean as well as Win RT.
Thanks for your wishes, I know that you wish well for me always ( my respect for you )
Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
Onda is the one. I wish they set up shop here. @ManISinJpr please become the distributor for this in India. :-/
Old 08-12-12   #14
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

anuragingle is Mysterious

Community support also plays a big part in making a tablet usable, checkout if custom roms and h/w, s/w fixes are available for your tablet
i'm using a heropad c8 bought 1.5 years back and its been upgraded from froyo to ics just because of community support, theres even a jelly bean rom for it, but slightly unstable.
Ainol tabs enjoy a lot of community support, so keep that in mind before buying a tablet
Old 08-12-12   #15
teh spamm[E]R!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Windows RT?? give me some links or data
Thanks for your wishes, I know that you wish well for me always ( my respect for you )
OMAP4470 example. I think a firmware hasn't been released yet
Post New Thread  Reply