Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Is Online Shopping in India Still a Dicey Business?
Yes, it's very unsafe and unmonitored 9 20.00%
No, things have changed a lot for good 9 20.00%
There's no hope 2 4.44%
It's good but it could be much better 25 55.56%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-02-10   #16
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Re: Is Online Shopping in India Still a Dicey Business?

Originally Posted by IshanSaluja View Post
The fact is a company such as Ebay with its experience and money and huge team of lawyers can risk a few hundred dollars for a customer that possibly and most probably as in your case will bring them more business.
With Desi sites, 3rd party dealings become highly circumstantial and difficult and ####ing dangerous because of a high rate of fraud and frankly these companies don't have either the expertise or capital to go after these thieves.
Plus most of these frauds are done to stoooopid people, the frauds are very easy to catch but these awesome guys never see it. And in those cases I say that they deserve it.

As in the case of direct online dealings, I find India going places. It is improving. There are numerous websites offering sales of various items although with 'modest' pricing. However sadly, there are Still People Like Amarbir Whose Degree Of Professionalism Is Best Left Undescribed.
What you 'r saying is understandable for shopping portals like rediff. But what about dedicated online sites having the single retailer-owner? I don't know why should a customer have high buyer intelligence to buy an item say, camera, which has been claimed to be able to do so many things but cracks like a glass the moment package is opened (of course mistake is mine because in item description did not mention that the item will not break once the package is opened). Now the seller starts playing in circles like send it back at your expense blah blah..
May be it will be an eye opener for me but can any one tell me whether one needs to be "geeky" and of very high IQ to buy an item online?
BTW, I have currently two items under issue resolution in e-bay.in. Since both these items are very low value items I am going to close these instead of trying to argue with these so called reputed sellers who start pointing about missing dots, extra commas in their item description.
manoja2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-10   #17
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

IshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly FamedIshanSaluja is highly Famed

Originally Posted by manoja2k View Post
What you 'r saying is understandable for shopping portals like rediff. But what about dedicated online sites having the single retailer-owner? I don't know why should a customer have high buyer intelligence to buy an item say, camera, which has been claimed to be able to do so many things but cracks like a glass the moment package is opened (of course mistake is mine because in item description did not mention that the item will not break once the package is opened). Now the seller starts playing in circles like send it back at your expense blah blah..
May be it will be an eye opener for me but can any one tell me whether one needs to be "geeky" and of very high IQ to buy an item online?
BTW, I have currently two items under issue resolution in e-bay.in. Since both these items are very low value items I am going to close these instead of trying to argue with these so called reputed sellers who start pointing about missing dots, extra commas in their item description.
A person should be careful enough to go through tons of reviews not only the seller's site but also on others as well. If there aren't any, search for an alternative.
IshanSaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-10   #18
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Ancient Philospher

manu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirable

Ebay.in is the only decent one, since they have a huge international presence.
manu1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-10   #19
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
FUUUUU !

Stuge is extemely Distinguished
Stuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely DistinguishedStuge is extemely Distinguished

never bought a single stuff from Indian shopping websites .I prefer to buy things in person.
Stuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply