Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 18-03-09   #1
Banned
I havent set my status yet.

Onkyo HTS3105 vs. Logitech Z5500

My friend is looking for a good HT system within a budget of 20K. I have the Logitech and he does love it's sound. Now, today we went for the Onkyo audition and it's mind-blowing. But the lab-guy there told us that we can't increase the volume to the utmost as the drivers might get problems (75 is the max and he kept it to 63-64). The room is not big. He played a Dolby Digital clip from "House Of Flying Daggers", it felt mind-blowing and the clarity is spine-tingling. My friends room is nearly 18ft x 35ft. Which will be the best buy at that budget, provided Onkyo is 20K. ONKYO SIGHT & SOUND INDIA
PoPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-09   #2
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
Diabolical like Biz Markie

Cyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply Great
Re: Onkyo HTS3105 vs. Logitech Z5500

Sorry..didn't read properly. Onkyo's for 20K huh! Well the Z5500 is indeed a good investment but I'd suggest investing in the Onkyo set. The reason being they're audio experts and you're already quite smitten by the output

Last edited by Cyn1c; 18-03-09 at 10:07 PM.
Cyn1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-09   #3
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Come onMan, you went to see the Onkyo and don't know its price or you didn't post it...

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-09   #4
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Cyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply Great

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
Come onMan, you went to see the Onkyo and don't know its price or you didn't post it...
lol..read the last sentence of his post.
Old 18-03-09   #5
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

LOL, I also thought so but he said Provided the Onkyo is for 20K
provided Onkyo is 20K. ONKYO SIGHT & SOUND INDIA
Originally Posted by Cyn1c View Post
lol..read the last sentence of his post.
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-09   #6
Banned

PoPo is Mysterious

The volume is loud in that small room, will it be the same in a 18ft x 35ft room ? That's what my question is. Another thing is that the sub-woofer is just 130W, it's not gonna give that Logitech Effect I guess.
Old 19-03-09   #7
teh nuB!

erorah is Mysterious

Hi AnubisX,
A few things to note.Always try and play the same content over both the systems.It helps in understanding the difference.The content played will always be the advantage of the seller.
Acoustics of a room do matter.Usually the acoustics of the demo room would be made/speakers placed correctly and seating in the room done in such a way that you do get the best audio treat.Fact of life is our rooms at home might not be same and in some cases the seating arrangements not optimal.

Whatever system your friend goes for just take this into consideration.Not sure if Onkyo does the setup at home to give the best experience but you could ask them.Just my 2 cents.In case I have stated something which u already know kindly ignore.
Cheers.
erorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-09   #8
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Aragorn is extremely Renowned
Aragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely Renowned

if Onkyo is at the same cost .. then just get the one which id better for your ears ... no matter what we suggest .. u have personally heard them ... so get what u liked more .. simple ..
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-09   #9
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by anubisX View Post
The volume is loud in that small room, will it be the same in a 18ft x 35ft room ? That's what my question is. Another thing is that the sub-woofer is just 130W, it's not gonna give that Logitech Effect I guess.
Is the Sub a passive one like in the HTS3100? I talked to a friend who knows someone who had a HTS3100 and he changed the stock wiring to get better results on his 3100. I'm not sure if many ppl on the forums have any experience with Onkyo sets.

Try to PM Chaos, one of the members on this forum. He's neck deep into audio. Just take his advice before you purchase anything. Also, erora has made some valuable points so keep them in mind.
Old 19-03-09   #10
Banned

PoPo is Mysterious

I downloaded the same clip in my PC and I ran a test on my Z5500, the sound is amazing, no less than the Onkyo. I would rather stay with the Logitech. @Cyn1c : The sub is passive, it has no in-built amplifier. @Aragorn : Logitech Z-5500 rockz. @erorah : Thnx frnd, that's a lot of info. Really appreciate it.
Old 20-03-09   #11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Aragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by anubisX View Post
I downloaded the same clip in my PC and I ran a test on my Z5500, the sound is amazing, no less than the Onkyo. I would rather stay with the Logitech. @Cyn1c : The sub is passive, it has no in-built amplifier. @Aragorn : Logitech Z-5500 rockz. @erorah : Thnx frnd, that's a lot of info. Really appreciate it.
I know that mate ... and i totally agree ...
Old 20-03-09   #12
Banned

PoPo is Mysterious

Yo! My friend is in dilemma again. Today we went for JBL Audition. It was damn good. It is Cinesystem 133 priced 26K. It's a package of JBL SCS 140 + Harman/Kardon AVR 133. Onkyo has 120W speakers + 130W sub and Cinesystem has 50W speaker + 100W sub, still the sound of the Cinesystem was much louder. He is really confused with these two. I liked the Cinesystem as it is much louder than Onkyo and my friend wanted louder speaker and sub. But still he is confused. Please feel free to add your suggestions. P.S., I'm staying with Logitech though.
Old 20-03-09   #13
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

^ What happened to the 5500 ... i thought u ppl had decided upon that ...
Old 21-03-09   #14
Banned

PoPo is Mysterious

Well, I already have Z5500 and so I want him to buy something different so that we can exchange and use.
Old 21-03-09   #15
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

^ U will exchange such large things ... and undo all the wiring and all ... hell ...
Post New Thread  Reply