Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Android Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 09-02-11   #1
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

OliveSmart V-S300 Aka Huawei IDEOS X6- 20k

We had heard about an Android 2.3 running smart-phone from Indian consumer electronics maker Olive to be launched today. And like clock-work, we have in front of us, the OliveSmart V-S300. Unveiled in a partnership with Indian telco Aircel, this phone can proudly boast itself as being the first Android phone to feature the current-latest version 2.3 of the OS (codenamed Gingerbread).

The V-S300 has a 4.1-inch 800 x 480 pixel display and has a sleek, yet familiar 9.9mm thin design. How familiar? We'd bet that the OliveSmart V-S300 is a re-branded Huawei IDEOS X6 -- a phone that was expected to launch in the country mid-January this year.

Whatever the case, you'll be glad to know of the meaty internals it has -- a Snapdragon MSM8255 1GHz processor coupled with an Adreno 205 graphics chip and 512MB RAM. What does this mean for you? It means that you should get quite a speedy performance from this phone.

The phone is also touted to be the first HSPA+ phone, an evolutionary version of 3G that's being (wrongly) branded as 4G in countries like the US by mobile operators there. This will allow download speeds of up to 14.4 Mbps, and while we aren't sure about Aircel, Tata Docomo does support HSPA+ and offers download speeds of up to 21.1 Mbps

Multimedia-wise, the OliveSmart V-S300 is well-equipped with a 5 mega-pixel auto-focus camera at the back, and a video-call camera at the front. It shoots 720p HD video at a smooth 30 frames per second, and can also output HD video to a bigger screen thanks to an HDMI port on-board. Let's hope the 1400 mAh battery is able to serve enough juice to power all these intensive functions.

The OliveSmart V-S300 sells for a fantastic Rs. 20,000 price tag which is justified, given what you're getting in return. Now only if this handset does well in reality as it does on paper, I'll be left with no choice but to make amends to our next Best rated Android phones list.
Almost matches Desire HD (except RAM and screen size) but costs a good 6 grands less Killer phone for 20k.

Olive launches Android 2.3 Gingerbread phone OliveSmart V-S300
Huawei U9000 IDEOS X6 - Full phone specifications

Hope it sells for 18kish in the stores. Hope this pushes Defy to 15k
Old 09-02-11   #2
teh priesT!
[E]onian
From The Beginning

Ab-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly FamedAb-Initio is highly Famed
Re: OliveSmart V-S300 Aka Huawei IDEOS X6- 20k

20K for a phone with no brand value
Ab-Initio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11   #3
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

DarkAngel is highly FamedDarkAngel is highly FamedDarkAngel is highly FamedDarkAngel is highly FamedDarkAngel is highly FamedDarkAngel is highly FamedDarkAngel is highly FamedDarkAngel is highly Famed

Originally Posted by Ab-Initio View Post
20K for a phone with no brand value
Ppl are importing Galaxy Fascinate for ~20k w/o warranty. This a decent one considering it is a re-brand of a decent model.
Huawei had '0' presence in India and released their U8150 Ideos through Aircel partnership.
Now the Ideos X6 is re-branded and launched along with Aircel.

Last edited by DarkAngel; 09-02-11 at 09:25 PM.
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-11   #4
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
bleh

Aumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly Admirable

The Ideos X6 is a brilliant phone actually. I think the build quality would be pretty awesome on this.
Free Radical likes this.
Desktop - Core i5 4670K - 4.2Ghz @ 1.16v | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 | Gigabyte Z87-D3HP | Sapphire R7 250X 1GB DDR5 | HD555 | Fiio E7 | Ikari Optical | TVS Gold | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB SSD + Seagate 7200.10 500GB | Seagate Expansion 2TB USB3 | BenQ GW2255HM

Mobile - iPhone 5S Gold 16GB - 7.0.3 Jailbroken; Nexus 7 - Stock 4.4.2; Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Headset.
Aumkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-11   #5
En Taro Adun
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Blank

Superfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply Great

This is actually great for the price. Great hardware + latest software.

Only thing is, software updates will be non existent. (I'm assuming) Hopefully, with the lowered price, there is a good dev community.

Galaxy Nexus | Samsung Series 5 Chromebook running Ubuntu!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32GB I/O Edition
My Twitter!
My Audio Gear(Past and Present)
CanJam 2010 Pictures!!
My Last.fm Page
[E]'s Twitter!
"We all got our choices to make." "Damn Shame."
Superfrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply