Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > Mobile Phone Buying Advice
Register Forgot Password?

Old 06-07-12   #16
Jeebus
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
forgiving your sins

Re: Note Vs Nexus ! Lets Solve?

Note already has got the ICS update(for people who did not know but still don't fail to comment).

I got both the note and nexus, i like em both. I like the more clean UI of the nexus but touch wiz is sill more functional for me. The note as a device hands down is better suited for multimedia, browsing than the nexus any day.Note is also much faster than the nexus.

Not always everyone likes a device they buy, if don't like then try other devices and just move on, there is a whole lot of other devices to choose from.
@zombie

let go of the note, it is selling like hot cakes so it will be easy to sell it in eBay. Buy the iPhone4s you might be mighty satisfied.
ManISinJpr likes this.

Last edited by thebanik; 06-07-12 at 05:26 PM. Reason: No need
RajaPraveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12   #17
Cyanogenmod 6.0-N1
work, work and more work :(

Rig Gallery

blufox is extremely Renowned
blufox is extremely Renownedblufox is extremely Renownedblufox is extremely Renownedblufox is extremely Renownedblufox is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by KiD0M4N View Post
Yep. Don't give up on your "free" and "open" phone without trying some mods first. Hell, try to update the OS and see if you land the gift of ICS (chances are that you won't.)
Since when did you start riding the "irrational comments welcome" wagon? o.O

/Steve Wozniak
blufox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12   #18
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Oooh! The Note got an unstable usable build of ICS. Let's all rejoice!

Oh wait! Just remembered! The Nexus has gotten a stable, buttery smooth build of Jelly Bean.
coolgame likes this.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12   #19
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
idea Re: Note Vs Nexus ! Lets Solve?

Originally Posted by blufox View Post
Since when did you start riding the "irrational comments welcome" wagon? o.O
Sorry. Momentary lapse of judgement there.
ManISinJpr likes this.

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12   #20
teh spamm[E]R!
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished

Sorry. Momentary lapse of judgement there.
:Sad:, I was hoping for a juicy fight with you,
Maximus V Gene (MSI Z77-GD65, Gigabyte P67A-UD7, EVGA Classified E760,MSI Eclipse,DFI DK P45 Plus, Foxconn Mars, Asus P5Ne-SLI, Asus P5B Deluxe/Wifi AP), Intel 3770k Benched @ 6.7Ghz, Intel 2600K Benched @ 5.7 Ghz, AMD 8150 Benched @ 7.45 Ghz, Intel 980X Benched @ 6.07Ghz, AMD 970BE Benched @ 6.63Ghz, (Intel i5 680 Benched @ 6.44Ghz, Intel i7 950 Benched @ 5150Mhz, Intel E8600 Benched @ 5.71Ghz, Intel QX9650 Benched @5.41Ghz, Intel Core2 Duo E8400@4.6Ghz, e4300 @ 3.52 Ghz), Thermalright Venomous X, GSkill 6400 2 x 1 GB @ 1260Mhz , HIS 7970 (MSI GTX 580, MSI GTX 480, EVGA GTX295, Asus 4870 x2, EVGA 9800GX2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT, Nvidia 7900GTX, XFX 8600GT), DELL E248WFP Monitor, CoolerMaster Benchtable, Antec HCP 1200W, Altec Lansing 641 400 RMS Watts with Auzentech X-Plosion

SVGTECH HOC40 and HOC20 Review

Corsair Vengeance K90, M90 and M60 Review

Gigabyte P67 UD7 + Intel i7 2600k Preview

Strontium Ultra Speed 128GB SSD Review

Gigabyte GX-X58A-UD9 Review
thebanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12   #21
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!

Originally Posted by thebanik View Post
:Sad:, I was hoping for a juicy fight with you,
We can always have that darling...
Old 06-07-12   #22
Jeebus
forgiving your sins

RajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished
RajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished

Take it easy guys
Old 06-07-12   #23
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

But in all honesty, I was "told" off in this thread because I didn't do fact checking about "Note" not having ICS... well there is a reason why I had that perception.

2 days ago, I was in Chroma showroom to checkout the Galaxy S3 (which was quite up to date and had the 3.0.15 kernel along side 4.0.4) I was pretty impressed with the display piece (but hoped that I didn't have to endure the ugliness that is called TouchWiz.) I turned my attention next to the Galaxy Note sitting next to it. I picked it up and was greeted with a "updated" 2.6.x kernel and Android 2.3.6. I asked if this has the latest update was told, yes.

Hence my assumption that "Android 2.3.6" is the latest version of Android officially available for the Galaxy Note "officially." Since the OP was reluctant to try modding, I also said accordingly "less chance of getting an update to ICS via the Software Update mechanism."

Was I wrong?

Go to a Apple store and there is 99/100 chance that all the phones/devices on display will have the latest builds of the corresponding operating systems available. Not so much with the competition. Or am I wrong again?
Old 06-07-12   #24
Jeebus
forgiving your sins

RajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished

(but hoped that I didn't have to endure the ugliness that is called TouchWiz.)
ah, so that is the reason why them people say touch wiz is inspired from apple iOS.Now i know the source of ugliness, i mean thanks for the enlightenment.

BTW you saw the note at chroma but you check out apple products in apple store? did you get a chance to check the apple products in chroma and see if they were running on their latest firmware?
Old 06-07-12   #25
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great
Originally Posted by RajaPraveen View Post
ah, so that is the reason why them people say touch wiz is inspired from apple iOS.Now i know the source of ugliness, i mean thanks for the enlightenment.

BTW you saw the note at chroma but you check out apple products in apple store? did you get a chance to check the apple products in chroma and see if they were running on their latest firmware?
I don't guess chroma people update the software/firmware/OS...s3 was released with ics..note wasent...and the store guys don't know much about the devices...

prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12   #26
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by RajaPraveen View Post

Apple doesn't actually have their "own" store in India (unfortunately.) They retail via Croma, Reliance, Imagine, etc. And yes, all the iDevices in the Croma store were up to date (5.1.1 for the iPhones and the iPads) and 10.7.4 for the Mac Book Pros. Also, they had a Apple employee (Apple Genius as they call it) present in the show room as well answering questions for customers.
Old 06-07-12   #27
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great
Apple doesn't actually have their "own" store in India (unfortunately.) They retail via Croma, Reliance, Imagine, etc. And yes, all the iDevices in the Croma store were up to date (5.1.1 for the iPhones and the iPads) and 10.7.4 for the Mac Book Pros. Also, they had a Apple employee (Apple Genius as they call it) present in the show room as well answering questions for customers.
Maple stores are present in Mumbai...who sell only apple products...it is an apple store-like feeling...

prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-12   #28
Jeebus
forgiving your sins

The deal with reliance is actually apple store, but chroma and others have different setup. If they keep all apple products up to date with firmware then good for them.
Old 06-07-12   #29
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by speeedgods View Post
Maple stores are present in Mumbai...who sell only apple products...it is an apple store-like feeling...

Awesome. But still won't come to the actual feel of a proper "Apple" run store. Even the Imagine shops in Bangalore are similar. They only sell Apple products.
Old 06-07-12   #30
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Go to a Apple store and there is 99/100 chance that all the phones/devices on display will have the latest builds of the corresponding operating systems available. Not so much with the competition. Or am I wrong again?
It is possible that the Apple stores keep only the latest builds while others may not be able to do this for all models because of logistical problems. There are some advantages of offering minimal choices to your customer.

Typically a Apple shop has only one phone to maintain (sometimes maybe 2). Other mobile phone shops in India typically have scores of other phones to maintain. Last month 21 new smartphones were launched in India. So it is quite possible that some models are not kept updated with the latest OS all the time. Check this out before buying any phone.
ManISinJpr likes this.