Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

Old 24-09-13   #1
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I'M bACK

Icon7 Nokia India has Launched Lumia 1020 in New Delhi

Nokia India today sent out invites to the press for their launch of Lumia 1020 in India. The event will happen on Sep-26th (this Thursday) in New Delhi. Last month, Nokia launched their Lumia 925 WP8 device along with their mid-range device Lumia 625. Lumia 1020 launch in India is earlier than expected and I guess it will be in the retail stores starting from first week of October.

The main thing that Nokia should focus on Lumia 1020 launch in India is their pricing. Recently, Sony launched their Xperia Z1 flagship for Rs.43,000, LG launched their G2 flagship for Rs.40,000, Samsung is already selling Galaxy S4 for Rs.38,199. Nokia Lumia 1020 is inferior to all these devices in terms of raw specs except the camera. If Nokia lists the device for more than Rs.40,000, I think it would be suicidal. What do you think?
Source

Last edited by The Knight; 27-09-13 at 06:05 PM.
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-13   #2
Cat in the rat race
Incognito

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed
Re: Nokia India To Launch Lumia 1020 On September 26th

I am thinking 40k+ seeing Nokia's recent pricing strategy. The heightened Dollar prices will work as a nice excuse.

:-|
Old 25-09-13   #3
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
.....is watching 'Who'!

nvarun is Notable

Lumia 925 and 920 are going for 24 and 29k, they have room to put it under 35k, but knowing that this is a hopeless company that isn't interested in learning any lessons and survive, I'd say >/= 40k too.
nvarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-13   #4
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

Under 35k will be the best price for 1020. It is inferior in terms of hardware(except its camera) to its competition at 40k price range. So under 35k people will consider to buy it.
uniquegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-13   #5
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

I want the price to be in the bracket of 30K to 35K !!!

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-13   #6
teh zeuS!
I'M bACK

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great

Nokia today announced Lumia 1020, wireless charger and camera grip in New Delhi. Availability in October 11th.
Old 26-09-13   #7
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by The Knight View Post
Nokia today announced Lumia 1020, wireless charger and camera grip
That was already announced in July. What was announced today in New Delhi was a re-announcement. All the specs, pics, reviews etc have been out there for months now. Bascially the Nokia employees in Delhi wanted to throw a party for themselves so a phone re-announcement is the prefect opportunity to do so.
ChironX and csunit37 like this.
Old 27-09-13   #8
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
.....is watching 'Who'!

nvarun is Notable

Just read in the papers and found out that the price is going to be anywhere between 47000-50000 inr. LOL @Nokia!

No one is going to buy this massively over-priced piece of brick. This will not sell, people will laugh it off and prices will spiral down just like they did for Lumia 920 and Pureview 808 (last heard, it went for as low as 17k, lol).
Old 27-09-13   #9
teh zeuS!
I'M bACK

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great

Nokia Lumia 1020 Already Selling Out in India
Old 27-09-13   #10
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by nvarun View Post
Just read in the papers and found out that the price is going to be anywhere between 47000-50000 inr.
The papers are also speculating. I dont think they have finalised the price yet. But I do expect them to price it north of 40k. Anyways now that they are being acquired by Microsoft, they feel no reason to be overly competitive. Let's see what the official price is.
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-13   #11
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
.....is watching 'Who'!

nvarun is Notable

^Yes.

And it retails for $800 for an unlocked one in U.S so I wouldn't say those speculations are any far off.
Old 27-09-13   #12
teh zeuS!
I'M bACK

Re: Nokia India has Launched Lumia 1020 in New Delhi

You mean 62 x 800=49,600/- ?? Rip Nokia!!!
Old 28-09-13   #13
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Ancient Philospher

manu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by nvarun View Post
^Yes.

And it retails for $800 for an unlocked one in U.S so I wouldn't say those speculations are any far off.
So does Xperia Z1. but its available for ~41-42k here.
manu1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13   #14
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

@nvarun @The Knight, see Nokia have priced it at Rs 49,999/- only .... at least you will get one rupee back if you give 50k.
Nokia Lumia 1020 (Yellow), Buy Now Nokia Lumia 1020 (Yellow)
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13   #15
teh zeuS!
I'M bACK

Originally Posted by vijayninel
At least you will get one rupee back if you give 50k.
Lol !!! This was epic
Post New Thread  Reply