Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Tablet Computers
Register Forgot Password?

Old 05-10-12   #46
ਦਿਲ ਆਪਣਾ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ !!!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I don't wanna set any status..

Rig Gallery
Re: Nexus 7 Arriving in November

Ha ha ha. My stuff hasn't even reached me and I am already bored
Intel Core i5 3550s | Asus P8B75-V | GSkill 8GB DDR3 CL7 1333MHz | MSI 660Ti Power Edition | Wetern Digital Green 2TB | Intel 330 128GB SSD | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo | Corsair TX650V2 | CM Gladiator 600 | Logitech G500 | Steelseries QcK Mass | Logitech Z506 | Samsung 40EH5000 LED TV
vasishta.sushant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-12   #47
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

desitechi is very Honorabledesitechi is very Honorable

Originally Posted by vasishta.sushant View Post
Ha ha ha. My stuff hasn't even reached me and I am already bored
ha ha, I already posted a sale thread
desitechi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-12   #48
ਦਿਲ ਆਪਣਾ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ !!!

Rig Gallery

vasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Great

Ok I got my nexus today but I can't use it since I do not have a wifi connection at home What a sad state of affairs.
kauffmann and Batman like this.
Old 07-10-12   #49
ਦਿਲ ਆਪਣਾ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ !!!

Rig Gallery

vasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Great

Just to update, I spent good 24 hours with this device and let me tell you guys, this device rocks. For the money you are paying you get loads, loads...yeah loads of performance. I am finding it better than my NOTE (though its quite obvious owing to better processor/OS). But for just 15 and a half grands (that includes the price of Amzer Jelly Case), its quite a deal. The screen doesn't ooze the brilliance of the over-saturated (pun intended) AMOLED colors, still its nothing short of being very nice. The colors are little subdued but still are way more balanced. Superb screen responsiveness and butter smooth UI (they named it rightly, Project Butter).

I got the 8GB version and the usable user space is short of 6GB. Still after installing all the major apps for my use (and my kid's games), I am left with 5GB which is good enough for infrequent movies/songs. Also the rooted devices sport the expand-ability via USB OTG. Honestly I am not missing my note and the kid is liking the bigger screen even more.

The 7" size is the best of both worlds. Not as big and bulky as the 10 inch version and not as small as the 5 inch. Also the pixel density is just fine. You don't actually see any jagged edges or blurry images. The text looks reasonably sharp and everything is rendered without looking abnormal.

All in all, money worth spent. I got the focus for my voice calling needs and this device is capable enough to take care of all my other 'nerdy needs'.
ManISinJpr, coolgame and Doremon like this.

Last edited by vasishta.sushant; 07-10-12 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-10-12   #50
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Brainstorming

Rig Gallery

coolgame is highly Reputablecoolgame is highly Reputablecoolgame is highly Reputablecoolgame is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by vasishta.sushant View Post
Just to update, I spent good 24 hours with this device and let me tell you guys, this device rocks. For the money you are paying you get loads, loads...yeah loads of performance. I am finding it better than my NOTE (though its quite obvious owing to better processor/OS). But for just 15 and a half grands (that includes the price of Amzer Jelly Case), its quite a deal. The screen doesn't ooze the brilliance of the over-saturated (pun intended) AMOLED colors, still its nothing short of being very nice. The colors are little subdued but still are way more balanced. Superb screen responsiveness and butter smooth UI (they named it rightly, Project Butter).

I got the 8GB version and the usable user space is short of 6GB. Still after installing all the major apps for my use (and my kid's games), I am left with 5GB which is good enough for infrequent movies/songs. Also the rooted devices sport the expand-ability via USB OTG. Honestly I am not missing my note and the kid is liking the bigger screen even more.

The 7" size is the best of both worlds. Not as big and bulky as the 10 inch version and not as small as the 5 inch. Also the pixel density is just fine. You don't actually see any jagged edges or blurry images. The text looks reasonably sharp and everything is rendered without looking abnormal.

All in all, money worth spent. I got the focus for my voice calling needs and this device is capable enough to take care of all my other 'nerdy needs'.

more or less the same expressions here
vasishta.sushant likes this.
CORE i7 2600k| MSI P67A-GD65|GSKILL RIPJAWS X CL9 8GB| GTX 580 LIGHTNING|CORSAIR HX 850W| Hyper 212x| COOLER MASTER HAF X| SEGATE SATA III 1TB+WD GREEN 1TB| BENQ V2210| RAZER DEATH ADDER| LOGITECH K200
coolgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-12   #51
ਦਿਲ ਆਪਣਾ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ !!!

Rig Gallery

And I was able to get 25$ credit as well. Had to struggle too hard though. Had to format the device twice. Couldn't use my primary email id to get them. Used my secondary ID which means I'll have to always use two ids now, if I wish to use the apps purchased using those 25USD.
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 16-10-12   #52
Banned

nishthecooldud is Mysterious
Awesome device....using past 1 week

nishthecooldud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-12   #53
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯□)

kauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Great

So to all those who have got one or are planning to get one, word of advice - Keep it safe, very safe.

My N7 screen cracked today and now that I read about it online, I'm not the only one. The device has a flimsy screen that doesn't take much to crack.

On a side note, how much can I expect for a N7 16GB with a cracked screen?
Old 17-10-12   #54
ਦਿਲ ਆਪਣਾ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ !!!

Rig Gallery

Are kauffy....what happened man? How did it happen ?
Old 04-11-12   #55
teh nuB!
Never Back Down

kaizer is Mysterious

As we all know nexus 7 3g hspa+ is launched and will be available from 13 nov.

can anyone confirm that it has calling facility?
kaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12   #56
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Ancient Philospher

manu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by kauffmann View Post
So to all those who have got one or are planning to get one, word of advice - Keep it safe, very safe.

My N7 screen cracked today and now that I read about it online, I'm not the only one. The device has a flimsy screen that doesn't take much to crack.
Damn. that's bad. any precautions to take?
manu1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-12   #57
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯□)

kauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Greatkauffmann is simply Great

Originally Posted by manu1991 View Post
Damn. that's bad. any precautions to take?
Apply the least amount of pressure. Make sure the screen doesn't come head-on contact with any hard surface or any high level of pressure. The screen is not built to withstand ANYTHING. Check out xda, people have reported their screens cracking while they're holding it or it's just lying on the table.

The screen isn't cheap to replace, costs some 8k.
manu1991 and coolgame like this.
kauffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-12   #58
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Ancient Philospher

manu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirablemanu1991 is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by kauffmann View Post
Apply the least amount of pressure. Make sure the screen doesn't come head-on contact with any hard surface or any high level of pressure. The screen is not built to withstand ANYTHING. Check out xda, people have reported their screens cracking while they're holding it or it's just lying on the table.

The screen isn't cheap to replace, costs some 8k.
I guess its because of the screen lift, there is some present in mine too. it creates pressure between the glass and the frame. I have applied both an invisible full body shield and this cover and try to handle it carefully.

Did you sell yours or got the screen changed?
manu1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-12   #59
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
(╯□)

Nope, it's lying in the cupboard with all the other gadgets that i don't use anymore. Don't think it's worth getting it replaced at that price, might go for iPad Mini later on. Honestly, lesson learnt, should have gone for the iPad instead, atleast that's got better quality on it.

I'm looking for someone that'll buy the thing. Can't even say it's scratchless anymore , the damned screen is broken!
kauffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12   #60
Banned

puneet3210 is Mysterious

Google Nexus 7 32GB with HSPA+ (Mobile Data, 3g) & Wifi connectivity
For sale at Rs 26000 ONLY
Free screenguard
Best pricing
Available in Bangalore
Check